OK, I HATE Soarin'

Iakona

Soarin, Everest, RR, and TT are rides we always get a fast pass for immediately upon entering the parks.

Personally I like fast pass and if you use it strategically it is a big help.

drdoom1001

Ok, let me just say I love Soarin: the concept, the attraction. I almost cried the first time I went on it. It was amazing the first 2 or 3 times I went on. Now, I can't stand it...for this reason:

There's a serious problem when I wait 40 minutes in the Fastpass Line and the stand by is 90 mins. That tells me there are TOO MANY FLIPPIN fastpasses being given out. Disney is doing the public a huge diservice with this nonsense. It's not worth waiting in line an hour and half for this attraction. Sorry if this offends anyone, but it's ridiculous.

FASTPASS HAS RUINED THE PARKS!!!

I've heard on the boards recently that Soarin was only operating one side lately,some sort of refurbishing.I would say you probably went on a day this was going on cause I've been on Soarin many times when the stand-by line was 80 minutes or more and we used Fastpass and went straight in!!

the-reason14

That was only temporary for a rehab of the preshow area... it is normal operation again

Oh well if the ride is back to normal in that state, and its 40 min. for a "fast" pass, I wouldnt ride it either. Im thinking he or she is saying 40 min and its still going through the exit.

FASTPASSES are not meant for you to automatically get on the ride but more meant for you to do other things in the park and come back to the ride later. 40 minutes isn't all that bad for Soarin' one of the best rides in the WORLD!

smk

I have waited 220 minutes to ride Soarin', I would wait double that, I'd hate it, but I would. IMHO Soarin' is one of the best rides inall of Disney. It is the first Disney ride I have ever been on that when it was over people clapped. I love it. (and FP's too)

Kristamouse

My DH and I had a similar exp. with Sorin' and FP. We had two babies 1,2 at the time and had to do the FP one at a time. Both FP waits were 40 mins in Sept durning free dining. I have to say that after an 80 min wait it really just was just OK to me. Do I hate Sorin', nope but won't ride it unless DH and I can do it in 20 min total. I will probally get heck for this, I know.

I have waited 220 minutes to ride Soarin', I would wait double that, I'd hate it, but I would. IMHO Soarin' is one of the best rides inall of Disney. It is the first Disney ride I have ever been on that when it was over people clapped. I love it. (and FP's too)

Amen. I would walk on my lips across the floor of Tony' s Town Square if I had too to ride Soarin'...it's such an awesome ride! The first time we rode it was a 90 minute wait and I was like "Okay, we've got to see what every one is talking about but boy dooes this wait stink." Let me tell, you after our first ride, we planned the rest of our day at Epcot around being able to ride it agian via Fastpass.

I do get what the OP is saying...with FP you expect more of a walk on situation. But hey, give it another chance...sounds like others are right, glitches do develop and FP is not a guarantee of instant access (though in my general experience it works very well). As someone else pointed out, you still saved time.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
:lookaroun
The contrast is amusing.

Not only amusing, but mildly annoying. I was interested to see this fellows anti-Soarin' argument. I hope the OP changes the thread title to more accurately reflect the topic he wishes to discuss.

justducky78

We've never waited longer than 20 minutes in a fastpass line, so I can't say I agree with you. We either get there early when the lines aren't so bad or pick-up a fast pass and go back later. I'm always surprised when I read about the long waits people have. If I did have to wait 40 minutes, though - it's still worth it. It's better than 90 minutes.

Astronaut Jones

40 minutes isn't too bad by the way. Some of the more popular attractions at other theme parks have like consistant 3 hour lines (and they're not Disney World). You got on one of the most popular attractions in the whole resort in 40 minutes. I have to wait longer than that for the shower most mornings, and that doesn't have the payoff of Soarin', just lukewarm water and people telling me to hurry up.

After all, life wouldn't be so hard if we didn't expect it to be so easy. If we all went to bed thinking "today I didn't contract a disease or get mauled by a bear etc., today was a good day." I think we'd all be more satisfied people, unless of course we contracted a disease or got mauled by a bear etc. But things like waiting 40 minutes to do something fun wouldn't seem all that bad. :shrug:

Lucky

We've done Soarin' 3 times, all with FastPass. The wait is generally about 15 minutes.

We don't go during the peak periods. I think anyone going to WDW this week or next week has to expect long wait times, even with FastPass. Best bet is to arrive at opening.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My DH and I had a similar exp. with Sorin' and FP. We had two babies 1,2 at the time and had to do the FP one at a time. Both FP waits were 40 mins in Sept durning free dining. I have to say that after an 80 min wait it really just was just OK to me. Do I hate Sorin', nope but won't ride it unless DH and I can do it in 20 min total. I will probally get heck for this, I know.

When you are doing rider switch like that, the wait is very long. Not so much because the LINE wait is long, but it takes a very long time to cycle through the full ride. Even as 'walk on', you must still go through the lining up for the stations, pre-show, loading, the ride itself, and then the walk out. The whole thing even with no real wait still takes nearly 30mins just to get through.

I know.. I do the rider switch as well, and unfortunately this ride just takes a very long time to get through.. even without a queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom