ok, all you Punxsutaweny Phils of Disney world, what's your prediction for the future of WDW?

Chef Mickey

I don't feel the economy is that strong, manufacturing has been declining, unemployment is low but that doesn't account for the actual low numbers of employed, many have never returned to the work force since the last recession. Wages for the middle and lower class has not kept up even with the low inflation. There are other indicators but this isn't the place. Besides, this is just my opinion.

The thing that I am putting a lot of value in is that I live in Michigan and every time the automakers start laying off and than their suppliers I have noticed a recession or softening. This has started around Michigan.
Meh, it never has included those. You can’t ignore the strength we do have. Markets are all about valuations and they aren’t out of whack. Companies are making a lot of money and are exceeding estimates.

DisneyDoctor

It's nothing like a state fair. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong, or at the very least wears blinders when they've attended their state's fair.

Tick Tock

If our lord and savior, George Carlin, hasn't returned to bring us all home to his heavenly kingdom in five years, I predict WDW shall still be going strong like it is today. Water Taxi's and Friendship Boats may have replaced monorails and resort buses as the primary form of transportation by then, depending on how much of Florida is underwater. Gondolas won't be a thing, as we all will remember with heavy hearts the tragic zombie fire lightning smelly passenger apocalypse which disabled that option back in 2020. (A brief moment of silence for our kin and loved ones still stranded in mid-air by then.) Many offerings will continue to increase in price over the course of those five years, as to be expected. Attendance at MK will reach an all-time high, especially after the election of U.S. president Winfrey, and her inclusion in HOP guaranteeing any visitor to that attraction a brand new car. Meet and Greets with new characters from Toy Story 6, Frozen 4, The Great Mouse Detective live-action remake, and Star Wars Ep. 11: Where Do We Go From Here? will be present throughout the parks. Tomorrowland Speedway will be considered old-timey and relocated to Frontierland by then, as most humans on earth will have forgotten how to operate any vehicle thanks to driver-less cars. Ownership of the parks will remain as-is, though depending on how careful or careless we are with sports almanacs today, it could change hands to Biff Tannen by that time (I've seen it happen before).

Just my two-cents (which by then will be worth 1.2 cent).

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wouldnt be surprised to see some form of package deal pricing in relation to different experiences. Similar to how the Star Wars hotel will be a 2-3 day experience for a set fee. I could see something like a 3 day MK only package with room, and 6 FP's per day for $400 per person per day. Just spit balling numbers as I have no clue what they would charge. But it seems like it could be a way to give people a more tailored experience if they want to pay for it.

hsisthebest

I seriously think that OP is on to something with selling off the parks- Yes they are a cash cow, but with all the media corporations and intellectual licensing Disney is/has purchased, it seems like movies and streaming are the future. -The parks would still be under the Disney name, just run by another company (maybe even Universal).

FettFan

I'll probably just see Bob Iger's shadow, freak out in an existential crisis, and not leave my bedroom for another year.

FettFan

I seriously think that OP is on to something with selling off the parks- Yes they are a cash cow, but with all the media corporations and intellectual licensing Disney is/has purchased, it seems like movies and streaming are the future. -The parks would still be under the Disney name, just run by another company (maybe even Universal).

They already are; Disney Parks Experiences and Products is essentially a standalone company.
https://dpep.disney.com/

Chef Mickey

Yup, just shows you that the people paying $4400 shouldn't be doing the numbers for Disney World.
Not everyone wants to go to Japan during low travel season. If a flight costs $2200...that’s the price. There is no getting around it if you want that flight. Plus, itinerary matters. I want a nonstop flight to Tokyo and I want a nice airline (Japan Airlines) for a 13 hour flight.

And not everyone looks for the best possible price above all else. If I did that, I’d stay at Pop and eat quick service for every meal.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
I want a nice airline (Japan Airlines) for a 13 hour flight.

My flight over to that neck of the woods usually costs more. 13 hours is insanity. By hour 7 and a half, I'm thinking of jumping. Europe I can manage because I know the flight is almost over. But when it's hour 7 and you have 8,9,10 hours to go....your mind starts messing with you.

For that reason it's over to LAX for a night or two and then over to HNL for another 2 or 3 nights. I'll get there eventually.

wdwfan4ver

Meh, it never has included those. You can’t ignore the strength we do have. Markets are all about valuations and they aren’t out of whack. Companies are making a lot of money and are exceeding estimates.
How some of the companies are exceeding estimates needs to be question such as a utility company in terms of what corners are being cut for record profits.

I rather not go into details on a message board to what I am referring to. All I am referring to the nature of potential practices by a utility compare now, but will show up down the road with company will be forced to answer front of the state government or the feds due to the nature of cutting corners.

I am mentioning a Utility company for a reason. There was ways to cut corners that actually can problems if a Utility company has a monopoly on an area aka not doing protective maintenance.

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

How some of the companies are exceeding estimates needs to be question such as a utility company in terms of what corners are being cut for record profits.

I rather not go into details on a message board to what I am referring to. All I am referring to the nature of potential practices by a utility compare now, but will show up down the road with company will be forced to answer front of the state government or the feds due to the nature of cutting corners.

I am mentioning a Utility company for a reason. There was ways to cut corners that actually can problems if a Utility company has a monopoly on an area aka not doing protective maintenance.
So the economy isn’t doing well because companies are cutting corners in safety?

I mean, you doom and gloomers have an answer for everything but you’re missing out on the gains. If interest rates stay this low, stocks are ridiculously cheap.

Walt Disney1955

The 3rd gate is going to be in the new land that they quietly bought from the Lockheed Martin plant. (the red area. blue is the current Universal lands)

View attachment 383113

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201810/6375/

https://www.travelandleisure.com/at...s/new-universal-orlando-fantastic-worlds-park

I am guessing a monorail is going to be used to connect the parks? It looks to me like there are houses, even perhaps residential houses in between them, correct?

That could pose a problem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So let's say in 5 years....

If the world is out pricing the middle class will the parks be empty?
Will they sell off the parks?
Will they be just like a state carnival or you local mall (which seems to be a popular criticism. i've never been to a state fair so this one intrigues me)?
Is there a possibility that they shut down totally?
Will they go on just as they are?

lol, I meant to attach a poll to make it a bit easier but hit post instead.
Its too early for all of that...

But I think that the “traditional” theme park business will be altered greatly in 20 or so years...for better or worse.

I think Disney has removed a lot of the policies and safeguards that allows them to stay stable through economic cycles and that will have longterm consequences

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So the economy isn’t doing well because companies are cutting corners in safety?

I mean, you doom and gloomers have an answer for everything but you’re missing out on the gains. If interest rates stay this low, stocks are ridiculously cheap.
You seem to deny the existence of profiteering nature of business - including Disney. And that means they will go up and down/fail as they always have with the greater markets.

Yes, Virginia, Disney is going to decline and things will suck again as they have on a cycle basis as they always have. And your stock is gonna tank.
Hate to the bearer of bad news.

Genie_naughty_whispers

For every 1 million regular, returning guests that would theoretically stop returning to the parks because of price, there will be MILLIONS of first time guests. Since they will be first timers, they will naturally spend more on souvenirs, food, etc. so WDW won't miss us for one, split second.

It feels very much that Disney is shifting from returning visitors as it’s core consumer base to one offs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom