News Ohana reopening July 9th

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Seriously why make a change. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it but I’m sure this is Disney’s way of making more money somehow

I will be taking ohana off of my dining list come October and i am extremely disappointed with this change. This was one of my favorite places to eat at Disney

honestly...they can do this kinda change because they track who keeps going...when people go to the same restaurant during every hotel stay twice a year...that gives them free run to charge/do whatever they want.

the best way to control them as a consumer is to spread it around. Reject stupidity like le cellier and be our guest...mix it up. Keep them guessing.

Rbenz81

I'm confused. I thought these menu changes were temporary due to COVID. So all the menu changes are permanent? Like Tusker house going from a buffet to family style. Or the Crystal Palace? If that's the case this is going to be a huge let down for our next trip. I get Disney trying to cut costs but shrimp caserole. Egg fried rice in place of noodles. The picture of the dinner meal does not look inviting. Looks like a meal from Boston Market. Ughhhhhhh

Gringrinngghost

It would not at all shock me if this is an interim menu and 'Ohana is 100% on its way out as Moana moves in. Especially as they choose to go far away from Lilo and Stitch as Stitch has been put though the ringer and the fact that Hawaii isn't really all that popular within their IP anymore.

It does in a way make sense to abandoned an Hawaiian theme and embrace more of the Polynesian triangle, but this interim menu does seem as the way to cut costs down...

Now how long until Moana meets those at dinner is the real question...

GimpYancIent

honestly...they can do this kinda change because they track who keeps going...when people go to the same restaurant during every hotel stay twice a year...that gives them free run to charge/do whatever they want.

the best way to control them as a consumer is to spread it around. Reject stupidity like le cellier and be our guest...mix it up. Keep them guessing.
Well the Ohana clientele is now changing. Too bad but it's off my check list now.

Chip Chipperson

We did the Twilight meal in the room a couple of times in the last few years, but overall, the restaurant has been off our rotation for quite awhile. It was hard to enjoy eating in such a rush. Sure, a casserole is peak 1971 nostalgia, but I can't see us going back anytime soon. N'Ohana, thank you.

The Twilight Feast is definitely the way to go - sure the counter space in the studios is limited so you end up with plates all over the room, but you actually get your food when you're hungry as opposed to waiting 90 minutes past your reservation just to be seated. I had to order the Gluten Free version of the feast, so mine came with white rice instead of the noodles but that was actually better for me because I wasn't a fan of them the one time I ate them prior to my Celiac Disease diagnosis. I'll be interested to see what the allergy menu looks like once they roll it out - will it be the same plain white rice (I hope so) or will they make a GF version of the fried rice? Also, I don't know how anyone could think the steak was bad. I never got a bad piece of steak there. I'll miss the grilled chicken, but the roasted chicken that's replacing it looks like it has potential so that change might be a wash.

Cdw626

Now that the Ohana announcement is done will the Luau be brought back? Live entertainment, music, food and some interaction in a south pacific style, something needs to happen to raise not lower the quality at the Poly.
That was the ENTIRE reason why we decided to stay ar a discount resort off property this past Christmas. We WERE going to go to the Poly, but once we found out that the Luau was cancelled then we just said "forget it" and we ended up saving about $2000 on our hotel. PLUS we ended up in a 3 bedroom suite instead of a one room, duel queen with pull out couch. Never regretted the 10 minute drive to the park in the morning and we applied the savings to more fun and souvenirs!

DisneyNittany

DW and I just couldn't ever bring ourselves to spend that kind of coin on Disney dining, so we've never eaten at any of the big cult spots. I get the appeal, but for us, it just never made cents (I'm a dad now, I can make that joke). Our jobs took us to so many good culinary cities that, even though some of these places are quintessential WDW, it just made us sick to our stomach to think of the superior quality, for less, that we could get elsewhere.

If we're sitting down to eat on WDW property, it's either at the Springs or Swolphin.

dsinclair

I'm confused. I thought these menu changes were temporary due to COVID. So all the menu changes are permanent?
No one knows, the release doesn't state one way or the other. Everyone here is assuming it is permanent, but it being a placeholder menu until Poly fully reopens with live entertainment, character breakfasts, and the new Moana theming is also quite likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom