Ohana Questions

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I hear recommendations for Ohana for dinner quite a bit. Two questions:

1) How much is it? WDW site says $36-$54 pp? Is that right?

2) If that price is accurate...does it seem worth it? I looked at the dinner menu and it sounded good, but not equivalent to the price. I know we are talking about WDW so I have to put it in perspective.

We are staying off site and I thought it would be a nice dinner treat on our first night after check-in since we really don't have any plans.

P.S. There are five of us. Dad, Mom, 19yo, 12 yo and 4yo. Thanks!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
You've already got a handle on the fact that WDW is going to be over priced, so that's out of the way.

Is it worth it? I have to say 'Yes absolutely!'

We love it. It's been our one constant 'must do' meal every WDW trip.
Not the best food on WDW property but as far as an overall very unique Disney experience, it's one of the best.

If you like Polynesian\Asian inspired cooking and grilled meats - it's a must.
Also Desert -- Banana Pudding? Hmmm!!??? Yes. Please.

nikkie876

This is the one restaurant that is a must do for us for every trip. Someone just asked my daughter if she could eat dinner anywhere in the world where would she go....she answered Ohana. It's a lot of food but it's oh so good.

40goingon7

The dinner is an all you can eat sit down (they bring the food to you) buffet. Took our then 5 yo son, 1 yo daughter, mom and dad last april for a late night (9:30pm) dinner after a full MK day and a nap. I would say we got our moneys worth (especially since 1 yo was free and 5yo was a lower price, although he ate more like a 12yo). Not the best for wishes viewing, although they do dim the lights and pipe the music in but you have to walk over to the window for a good view.

Food was very good though.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
My family really enjoys Ohana, although we have had some experiences that were excellent, and others that were just pretty good. In addition to the food, we also like some of the little "events" that go on. My son participated in the coconut broom race 4 years ago and loved it.

TinkandCrew

Original Poster
Do they have the dinner activities going on no matter what time your reservation is?

Can anyone provide the childrens price? We have a 12 yo and 4yo.

Thank you everyone....it makes me feel better about going.

smaccount

We (DH, 10 year old DD and I) discovered 'Ohana in 2010 one night that we didn't have an ADR and the concierge at Port Orleans Riverside booked 'Ohana for us and we have never looked back. We now go back EVERY visit and in fact I booked our 4th visit ADR just yesterday and my mouth is watering at the thought of it!

Mukta

Your 12 year old will not pay the kids price. That is reserved for kids under 9.
I don't know what the kid's price is.

I like 'Ohana. The food is plentiful and delicious when hot. I have only eaten dinner there twice, but the service was very good both times. I have a Tables in Wonderland card, so I get a discount. I would still eat here for full price though.

Scott King

I have been 4 or 5 times. Would not miss it on one of my trips. A little expensive but GOOD!!! Don't fill up on the bread and noodles. Keep the shrimp coming.

disney4life2008

I am on the fence but these are my suggestions -

1) You mentioned arrival day dinner. If so, absolutely yes. But do not eat anything after noon - eat breakfast before you depart your city or very early in the day. Ohana is family stype (LOTS AND LOTS of food) and as others have mentioned - expensive - the worst thing you can do is go there on a semi full stomach.

2) The price is worth it but again; make it count by not eating a lot during the day time. Trust me, if you arrive to Ohana on a near empty stomach you will be able to enjoy the food. I made the mistake of taking a friend there (I paid) and she ate like a bird while I was eating as much shrimp and wings as I could.

HM Spectre

Is it expensive/overpriced? Sure, but so is everything at WDW haha. It's still a very tasty meal that's a fun experience and as filling as you need it to be. Plus... bread pudding... :hungry:

I'd definitely recommend it but as others have said, GO HUNGRY!

bethymouse

It's all you can eat. The best shrimp ever! The potstickers are also awesome! It was a very good meal. Our server kept bringing us a whole skewer of shrimp each because he knew that's what we liked!:D

tlev

I've eaten here 3 times. It is my favorite Disney restaurant, possibly my favorite restauant in the world! The food is awesome (shrimp is my favorite). My 7 year old loves it. We've been when the female performer was there and she taught hula lessons. We've also been when the male performer is there and the kids did the coconut race. Be sure to ask for a table close to the window if you will be dining during Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom