Ohana or Tusker House????

tinker bubbles

Original Poster
Was wondering which one everyone prefers Ohana or Tusker House taking in consideration the quality of the food, atmosphere, and characters. We will be in the world Sept 29-Oct 7. Our party has a 2&1/2 yr old, 3 yr old, 12 yr old, and 5 adults. We already have Crystal Palace booked, it's our favorite and the little ones can't wait to meet Pooh. We have never eaten at Ohana or Tusker House and wanted some advice on which one we should choose. I already booked Tusker House, but don't mind changing it if it's worth it. Don't want to book more than 2 character meals because we have the quick service DP and don't want to over do it with out of pocket meals.

bethymouse

'Ohana! The kids have a lot of fun playing games and such. if your little ones love Lilo and Stitch, then this is the best place to go! 'Ohana is "Family Style" AUCE and not a buffet, so that's a matter of preference as well.
Either/or you just can't go wrong. But, if you want to be at AK early, that's a great place to be -TH. If you're going to MK that day, then perhaps 'Ohana would be a bit more convenient. Happy planning!:D

coachwnh

If you are talking breakfast only, you cant go wrong with either. These are our two favorite character breakfasts (foodwise). The benefit og Tusker House is you are in the park. If you can get an 8 am ressie, its great. You will be done eating before the park opens. You can then walk to the ride of your choice and when the rope drops, you are on with minimal wait. Again, the food is good at both. We have done both several times, and we are doing both again (Tusker House in July, Ohana breakfast in November).

Bairstow

What's the food at the new Tusker even like?
The last time I ate there it was still upsacle-ish counter service.
Does it compare to Boma?

muteki

We usually go to tusker house because there is little else at AK that appeals to us and the breakfast is pretty good. Haven't tried lunch or dinner.

Ohana we have gone to less because it tends to be more difficult to get a reservation but it is really good as well. It's family style though, not a buffet. Your choices are therefore a bit more limited, but we really liked what we got.

Princess7

'Ohana!!! It's a must do for us every trip we take. We are actually eating there twice next week. The start of our trip and the end. Yummy!!!

Greenkai3000

We've only eaten at Ohana's once, but we all loved it. The atmosphere is great, and the food is very yummy. Lots of character interactions too, and everyone gets a lai at check in. Reservations well in advance are HIGHLY recommended though.

coilback

What's the food at the new Tusker even like?
The last time I ate there it was still upsacle-ish counter service.
Does it compare to Boma?
To me Tusker sorta tastes like a scaled down Boma to me. Similar, but not the same - if that helps at all

liz-adam

I don't find the food at Tusker to be very African. There are maybe 3 choices that have an African influence. Most of the food is standard Disney breakfast buffet...Bacon, scrambled eggs, mini Mickey waffels, pastries, carving station, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. The juice is very good...similar to Boma. We eat one breakfast at Tusker each trip. It has a fun atmosphere and I like the Safari costumes, but the characters are a little rushed. We have also eaten at Ohana for breakfast. I thought the food was fine, but we had a lot of time with characters, more than any other breakfast.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I don't find the food at Tusker to be very African. There are maybe 3 choices that have an African influence. Most of the food is standard Disney breakfast buffet...Bacon, scrambled eggs, mini Mickey waffels, pastries, carving station, fruit, yogurt, and cereal. The juice is very good...similar to Boma. We eat one breakfast at Tusker each trip. It has a fun atmosphere and I like the Safari costumes, but the characters are a little rushed. We have also eaten at Ohana for breakfast. I thought the food was fine, but we had a lot of time with characters, more than any other breakfast.

Yeah, there's sadly very little "African" food at the Tusker House breakfast.

Also, not sure if the OP was asking about breakfast or dinner, but there's little discernible difference between the breakfasts (save for which characters are in attendance) at either location. The food is nearly identical, though one is a buffet, one is family style.

For dinner, however, 'Ohana wins by a longshot.

bgraham34

Since I have only tried Ohana's and never Tusker house I can only say that I love Ohana's and have no reason to even try Tusker House. I much prefer the Polynesian vibe to the African vibe.

Magikal

I have to say, we LOVE the Tusker House! We haven't tried Bkfst there, but we ALWAYS have either lunch or dinner at TH! We've been going to TH since it was a Quick Service & they served rotisserie chicken. Then when they went to Table Service, we had to try it and my entire family, including extended & VERY extended family, all love the TH! It's different food from what we're used to, but that's what makes it so good. When we're on vacation, we have a rule esp for our kids that they have to try at least one new thing each day, and they're almost always pleasantly surprised to find out that they like something they turn their nose up at because it looks funny or different. And TH is one of our kids FAVORITE restaurants! When we get together to vote on where to eat, the kids always vote TH unanimously, and we agree, we love it! We HAVE to eat there when we go to WDW! It's become a must do!
Or at least that's my family's 2 bits worth! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom