Ohana or Tusker House????

71dsp

If you are talking breakfast only, you cant go wrong with either. These are our two favorite character breakfasts (foodwise). The benefit og Tusker House is you are in the park. If you can get an 8 am ressie, its great. You will be done eating before the park opens. You can then walk to the ride of your choice and when the rope drops, you are on with minimal wait. Again, the food is good at both. We have done both several times, and we are doing both again (Tusker House in July, Ohana breakfast in November).

I agree. We've only done breakfast at both (because of the characters), but we make time for breakfast at both restaurants on our trips. I prefer the service at 'Ohanas to a buffet, but the food quality has always been great at both. My son likes the character interaction at Tusker House more, but that's because he likes those particular characters more. Also seems like the tables at 'Ohanas are not as close as they are at Tusker House.

We generally do Tusker House when there are EMH at AK. We get to the park right when it opens, ride a few rides, get a fastpass or two, then head to Tusker House (we get ADRs for 9 am).

DisneyDebNJ

We are major fans of Ohana and although you may be IN the AK at Tusker House, at Ohana you are literally a monorail ride away from MK (and Epcot). It really depends which park you were looking into enjoying that day. Tusker House may have a bit more of a selection for your family, Ohana is served family style, (fruit, breakfast breads, bacon, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, mickey waffles, juice and coffee) but the characters come to you. Once you sit at your table, there is no having to get up. Its a relaxing way, I think, nice way to have a wonderful breakfast and meet the characters.

Magikal

Since I have only tried Ohana's and never Tusker house I can only say that I love Ohana's and have no reason to even try Tusker House. I much prefer the Polynesian vibe to the African vibe.
I don't mean to get OT, but I couldn't help but notice your ID - 'bgraham34'. Could it possibly be because your first initial is 'B' and your last name is 'Graham'? I only ask because my name is Heidi GRAHAM. My maiden name was a dilly - Kahle - pronounced Karl so I was so happy to finally have a name I didn't have to repeat & spell all the time - or so I thought... I'd've never guessed there could be so many people who didn't know how to spell GRAHAM. I tried spelling it out for awhile but no one could get it on my the first try. Eventually, I finally figured out what to tell those who had 'difficulty' - "It's [sp.] just like the cracker!" ;) And if they don't know how to spell the 'Graham' in 'Graham Cracker', then Lord, help them! And me, too! :confused:

Mks95

Why not upgrade to the regular dining plan and enjoy both...if your at a value resort and you have the free quick service plan its a very reasonable charge to do this and may be better than paying for the 2 table service meals

Magikal

Why not upgrade to the regular dining plan and enjoy both...if your at a value resort and you have the free quick service plan its a very reasonable charge to do this and may be better than paying for the 2 table service meals
I agree. If you can do it, IMO it's def worth it. We did the 2 Quick Service once on our spur of the moment 5 day Feb trip year before last. The main reason we did the QS is because we had only had like 2 weeks between reservation & arrival so obviously reservations were out of the question, though I did give it a try for the heck of it. If we would've been willing to take ressies at places that weren't on the top of our list, or were 'out of the box' as far as food choice/ethnicity, we could've done it, but with 3 kids, I wasn't willing to risk a sit down dinner at restaurants we either hadn't been to in a LONG TIME or restaurants that didn't serve food we enjoyed so we were content to use QS for our last minute, too short, but FAR BETTER than nothing, winter getaway!
If you have enough time to make ressies, then go for it! You can always Mae a list of restaurants with some extras for alternates, and then call 407-WDW-DINE to check on availability for your travel dates before you decide. But if there's ressies available & you decide to switch, do it right away & call back ASAP to get your ADR before they get away! In other words, be prepared if you think you'll change plans if there's open ADR's. Have pen & paper, cc# to pay the differnce right away and to hold the ressies (for some places) cuz you won't want to take the chance of calling back. Those ADR's can & do fill up while you're on the phone sometimes & if another CM is a faster typer or another guest makes up their mind on a time before you, it can be gone by the time the CM tries to enter you in for that time slot. It's cutthroat for ADR's! I get nervous & feel like I'm under so much pressure to hurry up & choose the right one. No matter how prepared I am, I always get flustered! It's almost like I'm on a game show except I'm in the phone instead of on tv! So intense! :eek: By the time I'm done i'm so frazzled & my nerves are shot! :confused: It sounds so foolish doesn't it? I don't know why I get so wigged out over ADR's?!? o_O

Daddymouse

We like both places and this next trip we have ADR's for each. It would depend upon the likes and dislike of everyone in the party. Tough decision for you. We had the same dilemma and decided to do both.

slappy magoo

As others have said, I don't know if the OP was referring to booking a breakfast or a dinner (or in the case of Tusker House a lunch and maybe she's not aware 'Ohanas doesn't serve lunch). The food for breakfast at both locations are incredibly similar, though there is more of a selection at Tusker House. I'd choose TH because I'd assume you're at least spending your early part of that day, if not the whole day, at Animal Kingdom, so why travel more than you have to?

If we're talking dinner, the one thing Tusker has over Ohanas as an advantage is selection, especially for kids. I'm sure if kids didn't like what Ohanas had to offer, they'd whip up something that'd appeal to them (in fact according to allears.net "ALTERNATIVE CHILDREN'S SELECTIONS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST"), but with TH, you already have it. All the usual stuff kids would want as well as the opportunity to sample the adult offerings (which while not necessarily "authentically" African is more authentic than the breakfast offerings!). So if the kids in your party are picky eaters, TH might be a better way to go, but perhaps the best way to make the choice is the same as breakfast - what do you think you'll be doing that night? If you think you'll be having as late a dinner at TH as possible, essentially closing the park, then that makes sense. If you'd rather have an earlier dinner and then maybe go to MK for fireworks (or a late dinner where you can see them WHILE you eat) then go to the Poly.

Personally, I prefer Tusker House, but if my plans for dinner included going to MK afterwards, I'd choose to eat in a monorail resort, and Ohanas would probably be high on the choices.

PhilharMagician

For breakfast I would choose Tusker House. They have better selection of food and some foods that are not found at other buffets around property. Characters include Donald, Mickey, Goofy & Daisy. (I thought I heard that Daisy was going to be replaced and may no longer be there)

For lunch, you would have no choice but Tusker House. No characters

For dinner I would go with Ohana'. Ohana' puts one heck of a spread for dinner and IMHO it is one of the best on property. No characters

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom