Ohana or Luau

It seems like the overewhelming majority here suggest Ohana lol. But this is mostly for dinner right?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had the character breakfast there. We have reservations there for our December :xmas: trip and I am really excited, because I have never eaten at Ohana at all.

So, is the breakfast just as recommended as the dinner? (I hope! I hope!) :slurp:

Thanks!!!!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
It seems like the overewhelming majority here suggest Ohana lol. But this is mostly for dinner right?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had the character breakfast there. We have reservations there for our December :xmas: trip and I am really excited, because I have never eaten at Ohana at all.

So, is the breakfast just as recommended as the dinner? (I hope! I hope!) :slurp:

Thanks!!!!

Thats a good question, I have not really heard anything about the Character Breakfast. I would assume it is just as good as dinner. Im sure someone has to know..

jen2009

We like Ohana's for the fun atmosphere. We like to eat around the time that the fireworks go off in the MK. It has a beautiful view. It's been awhile since Luau. Will try it in March.

ChubbyK

Does anyone know the answer?

If you have reservations at 9pm trust me you will have the same great service and food as if you had reservations at 6pm. I have eaten there at 9:30om and it was wonderful.

As far as breakfast i believe it has the second best breakfast on property( but I'm very partial to Crystal Palace ) .You will love it!. You get to see Mickey.Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch also. But the food is always great. Both breakfast and dinner. You will be putting on your " must do list " for future trips.

If you have reservations at 9pm trust me you will have the same great service and food as if you had reservations at 6pm. I have eaten there at 9:30om and it was wonderful.

As far as breakfast i believe it has the second best breakfast on property( but I'm very partial to Crystal Palace ) .You will love it!. You get to see Mickey.Pluto, Lilo, and Stitch also. But the food is always great. Both breakfast and dinner. You will be putting on your " must do list " for future trips.

Thanks for the answer! I am sure I will love it! I really am excited about all of the characters and now my excitement about the food can be fulfilled too lol

(Oh and we love the Crystal Palace too :wave:)

http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/s...uct=186&cat=48

And thanks so much for all your help disney4life2008 trying to find a good answer for me :sohappy:

disney4life2008

Original Poster

Thanks!!!:xmas:

disneydiva72

Thanks I am very excited about Ohana. I have attended the Luau at Disney and Sea World and was less than impressed. The price is ridiculous for what you get.. though, Sea World was a little better. I have never been to Ohana so I am looking forward to the food!!! How are the wings?

I have no idea, I dont eat meat. :lol: But my husband says that everything in the meat department was delicious! I can tell you that all the sides were great!!

vwayfan123

never have been to the luoa, but just ate at ohana for the first time last week. i love the atmosphere and the theming of the hotel/resturant. only complaint i had was that i felt rushed. probably because as soon as u sit down, they bring out the food "entrees" and all. i guess this is what makes it unique. its all you can eat but they bring you so much that we never asked for more and was full in ten minutes. personally i like to relax and enjoy the meal, but again thats what makes ohana unique. also i dont think there is a choice in dessert, and i wasnt a fan of what they had, but i was so full it didnt matter. all in all i would eat here again(probably not anytime soon) but there are better places IMHO. definatley check it out!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
when i go to ohana.. it will be 2 of us. do they do communal dining like the luau (non people in your reservation sitting at the table) or do they just place you at a table for 2 people with your own food?

ChubbyK

when i go to ohana.. it will be 2 of us. do they do communal dining like the luau (non people in your reservation sitting at the table) or do they just place you at a table for 2 people with your own food?

At O'hana you will be seated by yourselves just like you would at any other dinner. Only do the communal at the luau. I'm sure you will love the food there...not to mention the atmosphere

ThinkTink721

We have never done The Spirit of Aloha, but we have done Ohana's for breakfast & for dinner - both were wonderful! :slurp:
I would have to say that the breakfast & the dinner were the best that we have experienced at WDW.

Hope this helps!

:wave:

The wings at O'hana are awesome! I got the recipe from one of my Disney cookbooks & DH took them to school for a luau potluck and I was very lucky that he even was able to bring me home a taste! Well loved by all!! Be sure to get to your ressie a bit early and get a pina colada=the best ever!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
The wings at O'hana are awesome! I got the recipe from one of my Disney cookbooks & DH took them to school for a luau potluck and I was very lucky that he even was able to bring me home a taste! Well loved by all!! Be sure to get to your ressie a bit early and get a pina colada=the best ever!

I got my ressies. Its at 9pm though.. and the MK closes at 8pm so I will be there at the end of the night. However, I am looking forward to it!!! I cant wait.

Juliaz3

I know the Luau is a bit cheesy, but my mom recently told me that when she took me and my cousin (back when we were kids in the early '70s) we spent a great day in the MK and then went to the Luau for dinner and fireworks watching. At the end of the meal, my cousin leaned back and said, "This has been one perfect day." He had a really tough home life at the time, so when she told me this I almost cried. I still remember that Luau and for a kid, it was really fun and at the time, exotic!

But yeah, if you're just adults, Ohana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom