Ohana menu changes

disneydata

Original Poster
I apologize if this has already been posted, but I did a search and nothing came up.

I dined at Ohana's for dinner last night and there were a few menu changes. First, as you're being seated, you get this nice coconut/pineapple bread. It's really good and I want the recipe. Second, the fried won tons have been removed from the menu (the bread probably replaced it). The dipping sauces are still there, but we were told they were for the meats. Finally, and possibly the more grievous, they no longer serve the sausage! It has been replaced with grilled shrimp (which seems silly to me since you get shrimp with the appetizers).

That is all.

tigsmom

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I did a search and nothing came up.

I dined at Ohana's for dinner last night and there were a few menu changes. First, as you're being seated, you get this nice coconut/pineapple bread. It's really good and I want the recipe. Second, the fried won tons have been removed from the menu (the bread probably replaced it). The dipping sauces are still there, but we were told they were for the meats. Finally, and possibly the more grievous, they no longer serve the sausage! It has been replaced with grilled shrimp (which seems silly to me since you get shrimp with the appetizers).

That is all.

I'm happy the grilled shrimp are back as I'm not a fan of peel and eat shrimp.

and the recipe for the bread is in our recipe thread in the Restaurant/Dining forum. :wave:

GoofyMom2

Ooooo, I am glad they have that bread at dinner now, if it is the same they have at breakfast.....it is amazing!

I never cared for the sausage so am eager to try the shrimp. Is it the shrimp they used to have?

Thanks for the info!

WeLComeHomE OKW

Thats great. haha, i actually hate sausage as well.

By the way, I went to Ohana for the first time back in August, and it was the best dining experience i have ever had at Disney World. I HIGHLY recommend it to those who haven't eaten their in the past. It was also the fullest I've ever been. I just wanted to keep eating.

mmm...how i love Polynesians' restaurants.

DisneyBuffinDE

We are doing breakfast there in May can some one who has been there recently tell me the breakfast menu? The one I see on here and the one in my book are different. Thanks! I can't wait to go. :sohappy:

tigsmom

Is the pineapple and caramel back for dessert? Oh, please, let it be so.

My family liked that so much we make it here at home. Fresh pineapple, store bought caramel sauce heated thru....:slurp:

Can't remember the name off hand (I have none in the house at the moment), but its the caramel sauce for dipping fruit and not the type for ice cream...it comes in individual serving packages.

Maerj

I'm another one who is glad that the sausage is gone. It wasn't really bad but it really didn't feel Hawaiian either. The Pineapple bread sounds good and I am glad they are back with the grilled shrimp.

I recall they had some funky tasting nacho chips. Are they gone as well? I hope so!

disneytopdog

We ate there for the first time ever last year. This is by far the best "all you can eat" on the property(IMHO). I thought Cape May's Clam Bake could not be beat. BOY WAS I WRONG. I was not impressed with the sausage either(very chewy and dry). Everything else was awesome. Just reading all the posts is making me soooooo hungry. I cant wait for September 08. This will be our first nights dinner!!!!!!!

DisneyDancer312

We are doing breakfast there in May can some one who has been there recently tell me the breakfast menu? The one I see on here and the one in my book are different. Thanks! I can't wait to go. :sohappy:

i was there in july and the breakfast was just mickey waffles, bacon, sausage, pancakes, eggs and potatoes served family style. they also serve this passionfruit juice that is amazing! along with lilo and stich bouncing from table to table. hope you enjoy!!

Senior class trip this may...and reservations for ohana are made. everyone we have told about it can not wait! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom