'Ohana for Breakfast or Dinner?

Tinkerbell 8

I have done both, and either choice is a great one, however I enjoy the breakfast a little more, the juice they serve at breakfast is delicious!!! I also like going early because then I can make it to MK via the monorail or bus for the rope drop. If you make it for dinner, you can see Wishes if you time it right.

Ariel484

I've also done both, liked both a lot, and will surely do both again! I don't know if I can pick a better meal...are you more of a breakfast or dinner person? Do you like character meals? Maybe try to use that to help make your decision :shrug:

Yodadudeman

It depends on what type of experience you are looking for. The breakfast at Ohana is a character breakfast. So naturally, there are more children at this time. For Dinner, the food is a little more sophisticated and "grown-up", if you will. Also there aren't AS many kids at this time. However, this spot is always very popular with families no matter what the time of day is. Either way, you can't really go wrong. I would put my vote in for dinnertime though. I think the atmosphere is better, and if you get a window seat, you may be able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks(an extra plus).

pixiegurl

I also have done both and enjoy it. My hubby's favorite meal is dinner at Ohana, and my daughter's favorite is the breakfast with Lilo & Stitch. We have made a tradition out of each. For our trips we almost always make our dinner ADR at a time where we can watch Wishes while we have dinner. And the breakfast is always on our last day, before we head home.

The kids also really enjoy the coconut races and other activites during both meals. If you want to be able to see Wishes, make sure to request the main dining room when you check in, and be willing to wait a bit longer than normal.

pixiegurl

Sorry, I just noticed the part about 2 adults/no kids. I would say I'd prefer dinner then. While we enjoy breakfast, there is a lot of kids and I think if it were me, I'd probably enjoy the dinner more.

CaptainShortty

I'd say dinner because the food is fantastic and if you plan it right you can also watch Wishes from Poly. That being said, you can't go wrong with breakfast and if you want the characters that's an added bonus. Either meal you can't really go wrong. It's one of my favorite restaurants on property!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Dinner, for sure.

The breakfast, besides the juice, is the standard Disney breakfast that you can get anywhere (Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.).

mickeysshoes

We also have done both and are doing both this upcoming trip. As stated above breaskfast has awesome juice and I think the eggs at breakfast are the best on property. Breakfast all-u-can-eat home style so you dont have to get up. Dinner is also very good. So I say do like us and try BOTH!!!!

worldfanatic

Menus aside, 'Ohana seems more suited to a dark atmosphere.
I'm talking about it's surroundings, the general feel.

For me, it loses a lot of it's "AURA" during the daylight hours.

Maybe I'm sounding a bit too deep here.:lookaroun
But clearly, I prefer dinner.;)

disneygirl1

We since I have never eaten at 'Ohana, my vote is for breakfast. I like it here b/c it's not your typical character meal since the food is served family style. The POG juice alone in my opinion is worth a trip to 'Ohana for breakfast!

CaptainShortty

We since I have never eaten at 'Ohana, my vote is for breakfast. I like it here b/c it's not your typical character meal since the food is served family style. The POG juice alone in my opinion is worth a trip to 'Ohana for breakfast!

THEY SERVE POG AT OHANA?!?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS!! haha...I had this when I went to Hawaii in 2006 and it was the most incredible stuff I've ever had. Only thing I drank for 10 days straight. You can't get it here in the states (or so I thought) and I've been dying for it ever since. Now that I know that I may just have to change my vote to breakfast! I agree with disneygirl1...some POG is worth a trip to any restaurant!!!

bmarkelon

Ohana stands out as one of my favorite character breakfasts, I love that it's served family style....nice break from the buffet lines.
We will be eating dinner there for the first time on our trip next week. Can't wait to try it!! I've heard great things.

lbrad

I've only had dinner @ O'Hana's ...so that 's what I would go with.
Like others have said ...try to time it with WISHES!!!!
I'm not a big breakfast eater.
Have a great time

Disneykidder

This restaurant is great for both. The juice and bread in the am is sooooo good. We drank sooo much of the juice. Dinner is delicious, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom