'Ohana Dinner Disappointment

Hobnail Boot

I haven't had a bad experience at 'Ohana, but I refuse to continue to pay the same price while they continue to "tweak" the menu. We have reservations there next month and I've told my buddies that I will not be going but they can if they want. I'm not shelling out another $40 something dollars when they've removed my main course and messed with the noodles again. I managed when they got rid of the honey lime dressing (the new one is pretty good) but I draw the line on my chicken.

They'll have my business again when the chicken is back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We just did 'Ohana about a week ago. I can say I didn't miss the chicken that much. The steak and pork were very good, hubby said the shrimp was good too. I was disappointed in my favorite part of the meal though; I love the honey coriander chicken wings and the flavor was good but the skin on the wings was kind of flabby I like it more crispy. I am sure we will go back but maybe not our next trip.

AngryEyes

If it were totally up to me, I wouldn't go back, because of the loss of the chicken. However, my wife and son would skewer me if I deprived them of that shrimp.

I'll just have to fill up on potstickers and steak, I guess. #firstworldproblems

Esic5

Just an update to the ohana situation- we ate there last night 7/9 and were thoroughly disappointed. As we walked into the dining room, we noticed that the grills were not lit. Our server explained to us that the grill broke down the prior night and they were working on fixing it. She assured us that the food would taste the same but she was wrong. The meat was definitely baked, it didn't have that smokey flavor you get from a grill. Also, the meal felt very rushed because they literally brought out everything at once. Oh yeah, no skewers either. The meat simply came out on a big tray. We were very disappointed in our meal and I just wanted to warn anyone with upcoming reservations.

PhilharMagician

Sorry if this is gross. Unpeeled shrimp means that the shrimp is not deveined. That is just gross. Proper preparation removes the shrimp's colon before eating. Nobody wants to eat shrimp poop.

Un-peeled shrimp does not necessarily mean that they are not deveined. The shrimp served @ Ohana' last time I was there were shells on and deveined.

Just an update to the ohana situation- we ate there last night 7/9 and were thoroughly disappointed. As we walked into the dining room, we noticed that the grills were not lit. Our server explained to us that the grill broke down the prior night and they were working on fixing it. She assured us that the food would taste the same but she was wrong. The meat was definitely baked, it didn't have that smokey flavor you get from a grill. Also, the meal felt very rushed because they literally brought out everything at once. Oh yeah, no skewers either. The meat simply came out on a big tray. We were very disappointed in our meal and I just wanted to warn anyone with upcoming reservations.

Wow, that is disappointing. The meat flavor profile expected is char-grilled not tossed on a baking pan and thrown into an oven. I probably would have not stayed for dinner that night and maybe asked to reschedule for another night.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom