Oh no !!!

real mad hatter

Wow!

I actually dont support any team. I detest football and especially all the social problems it brings to our society.

Ok!Got that one wrong.I couldnt agree more with what your saying,I couldn't believe my eyes one year when I spotted two holiday makers with their football tops at Epcot Rose and Crown having a heated argument,and yes,the big two teams from Glasgow.:hammer:

mimitchi33

If you want to know the true reason for Spanish people coming here, watch the film Maricela. There are horrible wars going on in South America, like in the movie, and sometimes, they need a break from it all.

If you want to know the true reason for Spanish people coming here, watch the film Maricela. There are horrible wars going on in South America, like in the movie, and sometimes, they need a break from it all.

I did a search for the movie Maricela, and all I got was a TV movie from 1986. That was about a woman from El Salvador coming to work in the United States.

This post has mostly been about Brazilians coming to the US for vacation. Brazilians speak Portuguese, and most have not an ounce of any Spanish blood in them. There are no wars in South America right now, and in fact there have been very few since South American countries gained independence. If you've seen City of God, then yes, there are turf wars among the destitute in the cities, but most of these Brazilians coming to WDW are quite wealthy and live a life quite similar to upper middle class Americans. They're just loud and have lots of fun.

The Duck

Are they that bad? I don't know because I have never dealt with them. I have never heard anything good about these groups so what do they do? Brazilians are basically Portugese, so I can predict they'd be loud, singing soccer chants constantly and not being aware of the volume of their voices (trust me, I dated a Portugese girl once, its a normal tone for them). I realize that can be annoying, so that's the deal with when these groups arrive? Are they disruptive? Or is it just basically what I mentioned?

One incident that comes to mind was about a year ago. It was closing time at the MK and not only were these kids loud and unruly, one of them was leading their chants with a bullhorn. This was near the Main St. train station and this clown was shouting on a bullhorn and his group was trying to drown him out. Meanwhile, several security officers were standing nearby and were oblivious to him. Does anyone know if bullhorns are allowed in the parks and if not, why didn't security tell him to shut up?

bellissimo

For me, its their whole arrogance and ignorance when it comes to queing for rides.

You could have one or two of the group standing in front of you in line. Then after about waiting an hour about 50 of their friends join the queue and they think its acceptable to just skip everyone to be with their friends up front so all of them are together :mad:.

And of course they "can't understand english" when you say something to them!!! :fork:

Why did you put the fact that they can't understand english in quotation marks? While I can understand your frustration, they're from Brazil, a Portuguese speaking country. I encourage you to step outside your bubble and realize that English is not the only language being spoken in the world today. Sure, there are probably some Brazilian teenagers who do speak English and claim that they don't to avoid trouble, but as someone who lived in Brazil for many years, I can assure you that is definitely not all of them.

I'm certainly not condoning the taking of pictures on rides or cutting lines, but I think it needs to be said that not all countries are like the United States. Brazilians come from and are accostomed to a completely different culture than that of America. In Brazil, it is common to kiss people on the cheek- if you did that in the US, you'd probably get some very, very strange looks. Behaviorial customs vary from country to country, so though one ought to "do what the Romans do," when placing people of one culture into an entirely different one, it only makes sense for there to be a divide. We really have no right to complain about Brazilians, as I'd venture to say that Americans have a much worse reputation than them when it comes to traveling in foreign countries. I've lived in a variety of different places all over the world and though every country has its misbehaving tourists, I was embarrassed by how a majority of the Americans I saw acted. I'm not daring to characterize all Americans as this (because that's just ignorant), but I wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw an American being rude, insensitive, and critical when in a foreign country, because I'd have quite a profit.

I visited France with some American friends, and found myself having to literally step away from the group, embarrassed by their poor behavior.

Why did you put the fact that they can't understand english in quotation marks?

Because I hear them jumping around from speaking Portugese to English to Portugese again!!

Oh and just to point out I haven't came across any arrogant Americans in my country - not to say there aren't any mind you, I just havent met them. :)

Mickey_777

Just putting it out there, but it's possible that letting Brazilians visit the US more easily would actually help guest behavior. It sounds to me like the problem is not so much one of a nationality, but more of what happens when enough energetic people get together in a group (aka, a group mentality, which can be just as easily applied to the raudy cheerleaders and sports groups which visit WDW).

Back to the point, we took a cruise to St. Petersburg, Russia, two years ago, and their strict immigration requirements made it impossible to get off the ship unless you had either an approved visa, or were part of an approved tour group. As you might guess, pretty much everybody onboard arranged with tours, which all ended up being reasonably crowded.

United States and Russia share the characteristic of having strict visa requirements for entering the country. Perhaps if our government succeeds in letting tourists entering the country more easily, Brazilians would go to WDW individually instead as part of chanting, singing tour groups.

Just a thought.

That makes total sense to me. If it's easier for them to visit, then they'll come as families and Mom and Dad can lay the smack down if their kids act up. Tour group leaders probably start out the day telling the kids to behave but just give up after an hour or so. But Parents on the other hand (latin cultures especially) will bust out the belt if they need to. I know. Good observation.

There are no wars going on in South America. Central America had a few in the 80's. Brazilians speak Portuguese and are not Spanish. The Spanish live in Spain. Spanish speaking people in the united states aren't Spanish either. They are Hispanic with tremendously diverse backgrounds.

But if there were wars going on, you're right and they would need a break ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom