Oh no !!!

Walt Disney1955

Are they that bad? I don't know because I have never dealt with them. I have never heard anything good about these groups so what do they do? Brazilians are basically Portugese, so I can predict they'd be loud, singing soccer chants constantly and not being aware of the volume of their voices (trust me, I dated a Portugese girl once, its a normal tone for them). I realize that can be annoying, so that's the deal with when these groups arrive? Are they disruptive? Or is it just basically what I mentioned?

For me, its their whole arrogance and ignorance when it comes to queing for rides.

You could have one or two of the group standing in front of you in line. Then after about waiting an hour about 50 of their friends join the queue and they think its acceptable to just skip everyone to be with their friends up front so all of them are together :mad:.

And of course they "can't understand english" when you say something to them!!! :fork:

captainkidd

Being married to a Brasilian, I can't believe the ignorance of this post and the hatred towards tour groups, especially Brasilians on these boards. I for one, being an American born son, get a smile from seeing these tour groups acting like a tightly knit-family proud of their nationality. Maybe we could actually learn something from them instead of being the typical complaining/self-indulgent brats we are becoming as a nation.
Sad day for us (my wife and I) as Disney fan's...

There's nothing ignorant about this post. Seriously, use the search function for Brazilian Tour Groups. Do you think everybody else is crazy?

Would you find it appropriate if an American Tour Group was visiting Brazil, and was marching down one of their landmark streets with American flags singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" at the top of their lungs over and over?

Walt Disney World is a theme park. How well do you think the theme of the Old West works in Frontierland in line at Thunder Mountain, where instead of hearing the banjo music playing, all you can here are 100 Brazilians singing, clapping and chanting? Hey, maybe Disney should allow people to bring in big boom boxes as well. Fans of rap music could blare Dr. Dre while waiting in line for It's A Small World. Fans of heavy metal could blare Metallica while waiting for the parade on Main Street.

There's nothing I love more than trying to walk down Main Street USA while a group of 100 Brazilians lock arms and start chanting their national anthem (?), completely blocking the flow of traffic.

chama1

Tour Groups

You are right...they are here...we were at the Florida Mall and they were everywhere...and they were spending money, lots of it. They were just like every other groups, locals, etc during a shopping frenzy, loud, trying to cut lines, etc. but none were disrespectful. I remember when I was an "extra" mom at a school trip, nothing has changed except these kids take "shopping" to the next level, which is a good thing for Florida right now. Pretty soon they'll be all gone, so we can enjoy the parks on a "quiet" level.

ddbowdoin

There's nothing ignorant about this post. Seriously, use the search function for Brazilian Tour Groups. Do you think everybody else is crazy?

Would you find it appropriate if an American Tour Group was visiting Brazil, and was marching down one of their landmark streets with American flags singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" at the top of their lungs over and over?

Walt Disney World is a theme park. How well do you think the theme of the Old West works in Frontierland in line at Thunder Mountain, where instead of hearing the banjo music playing, all you can here are 100 Brazilians singing, clapping and chanting? Hey, maybe Disney should allow people to bring in big boom boxes as well. Fans of rap music could blare Dr. Dre while waiting in line for It's A Small World. Fans of heavy metal could blare Metallica while waiting for the parade on Main Street.

I knew you would swoop in... well done sir, bravo!

:sohappy:

Mr Bill

In my experience, they're really no worse than any other large tour/school group in the parks. If they want to come to Orlando, spend a load of money here and help the local economy, I say bring on a brazillian of them.

The Empress Lilly

Being married to a Brasilian, I can't believe the ignorance of this post and the hatred towards tour groups, especially Brasilians on these boards. I for one, being an American born son, get a smile from seeing these tour groups acting like a tightly knit-family proud of their nationality. Maybe we could actually learn something from them instead of being the typical complaining/self-indulgent brats we are becoming as a nation.
Sad day for us (my wife and I) as Disney fan's...

Mickey_Globe_Crying.jpg
The problem is not Brazilians (when they aren't being too loud ;)), the problem is Tour Groups. I'm sure most of these kids are fine when dealing with them individually. When they are moving in groups though, they are a total nuisance. :hurl:

And while I will immediately confess to being a typical complaining/self-indulgent brat, I must however assure you I myself am not American either. I think you'll find people from all over the world and of all sorts of different heritage have issues with these tour groups. :)

Walt Disney1955

Good point. Yeah when you are in another country you are representing it whether you like it or not, especially in large groups. I am Canadian and everyone loves us wherever we go which is kind of funny because there is this expectation on Canadians to always be polite. But even if a group of Canadians caused a scene and were disruptive to people who paid good money to be at a theme park then all of the sudden Canadians would get painted with the same brush, and fair or not that is just reality.

So it doesn't sound like these Brazilian groups do a good job at representing themselves if there are these countless complaints. There are tons upon tons of Japanese or Chinese tourists that come to WDW and I never see a complaint thread on them. So it sounds like these groups do irritate people.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well, I'm always glad to see the nation represented when the cheerleading groups or Pop Warner teams descend on the parks. Good, good times there.....

Becky

I saw over a dozen Brazillian tour groups the first week of January. They were almost all adult (a few children with their families). I saw no line cutting, no loud singing, no arm locking and no rudeness. This is not true of the teen tour groups I have seen in the past. Solution to the "tour group problems", more parents and other adults in the group.

real mad hatter

Hmm,interesting blog.

Well I've enjoyed reading all these blogs about Brazillian tour groups,and I will keep my thoughts to myself,but they are certain points I agree strongly on,like behaviour whilst visiting other countries.Being Scots and very proud of it,when we play soccer abroad and are getting thumped by the opposition.Our fans,decked out in their kilts,sing their hearts out and mingle with the opposite team fans,trying hard to speak their language,never a problem,never a bad word.Maybe the Brazillian tour groups should take a leaf out our book.:sohappy:

MarkTwain

Just putting it out there, but it's possible that letting Brazilians visit the US more easily would actually help guest behavior. It sounds to me like the problem is not so much one of a nationality, but more of what happens when enough energetic people get together in a group (aka, a group mentality, which can be just as easily applied to the raudy cheerleaders and sports groups which visit WDW).

Back to the point, we took a cruise to St. Petersburg, Russia, two years ago, and their strict immigration requirements made it impossible to get off the ship unless you had either an approved visa, or were part of an approved tour group. As you might guess, pretty much everybody onboard arranged with tours, which all ended up being reasonably crowded.

United States and Russia share the characteristic of having strict visa requirements for entering the country. Perhaps if our government succeeds in letting tourists entering the country more easily, Brazilians would go to WDW individually instead as part of chanting, singing tour groups.

Just a thought.

MickeyPeace

Doing a search for Brazilian Tour Groups here would reveal a mob mentality and nothing more.

People are complaining that Brazilian Tour Groups are loud, rude, ignorant and arrogant. That is mostly what I see from the posters on this board. Loud complaining. Rude and ignorant comments and of course arrogance. Arrogance that is quickly deflated as soon as someone takes them down a notch.

Then said person can't believe the rudeness!

As for Americans traveling abroad, you must not travel much or you would know that Americans have the worst reputation as tourists. They are considered..loud, tacky and obnoxious.

Like it or not, Brazilians are here. They are spending money. And they are welcome.

I live in the greatest city in the country, NYC, where cultures mix and thrive together. I love it here. I am also happy to see diversity coming to WDW.

If a tour group is doing something you find unacceptable in a park, go to guest relations and complain.

Bashing Brazilians on this forum shows a real lack of character.

Well I've enjoyed reading all these blogs about Brazillian tour groups,and I will keep my thoughts to myself,but they are certain points I agree strongly on,like behaviour whilst visiting other countries.Being Scots and very proud of it,when we play soccer abroad and are getting thumped by the opposition .Our fans,decked out in their kilts,sing their hearts out and mingle with the opposite team fans,trying hard to speak their language,never a problem,never a badword.Maybe the Brazillian tour groups should take a leaf out our book.:sohappy:

Only because they cant find a way to bring religion into it!
Not a night goes by where you dont hear about some Scottish football fan hooligan being arrested for spouting a load of sectarian bull,whether it be screaming at a player in a football game or being the "big man" and doing it via a social networking site.

If theres a group of people the Brazilians should be taking after, it definitely is NOT Scottish football fans!!

Epcot-Rules

I experienced them at Busch Gardens in August of 2010. There was at least 10,000 of them all wearing the same T-shirts. They were young and very well behaved, they were not cutting in line or causing any type of problems for other guests.

real mad hatter

Hmm!

Only because they cant find a way to bring religion into it!
Not a night goes by where you dont hear about some Scottish football fan hooligan being arrested for spouting a load of sectarian bull,whether it be screaming at a player in a football game or being the "big man" and doing it via a social networking site.

If theres a group of people the Brazilians should be taking after, it definitely is NOT Scottish football fans!!

Well that narrows down what team you support.My local team do not have these problems and yes,were in the SPL.:lookaroun.But hey,this is a WDW site.

ddbowdoin

Doing a search for Brazilian Tour Groups here would reveal a mob mentality and nothing more.

People are complaining that Brazilian Tour Groups are loud, rude, ignorant and arrogant. That is mostly what I see from the posters on this board. Loud complaining. Rude and ignorant comments and of course arrogance. Arrogance that is quickly deflated as soon as someone takes them down a notch.

Then said person can't believe the rudeness!

As for Americans traveling abroad, you must not travel much or you would know that Americans have the worst reputation as tourists. They are considered..loud, tacky and obnoxious.

Like it or not, Brazilians are here. They are spending money. And they are welcome.

I live in the greatest city in the country, NYC, where cultures mix and thrive together. I love it here. I am also happy to see diversity coming to WDW.

If a tour group is doing something you find unacceptable in a park, go to guest relations and complain.

Bashing Brazilians on this forum shows a real lack of character.

does WDWMAGIC now allow audio replies to be made? :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom