OH No Grumpy wants to take it back

AliceinWhoville

My husband changed his mind and doesnt want to go to Disney next year. But we will go anyways but he wont like it. Yes thats right he wont like it and try to ruin it for us. And sure to try to embarass us by yelling and acting like a fool.
Have anyone seen one of these fools in the park?

I told him he wont be able to ruin it for me this time. I plan on having too much fun with my DD.

I missed the fireworks the very 1st time to MK (my very 1st trip ever to WDW) with him he said there overrated and we needed to get back to daytona.. I made him take a picture with Mickey Mouse in the tents and if you could see the picture he looks like he is shooting daggers out of his eyes towards mickey. So sad. But Mickey & I looked great. lol

I eat sleep thinking WDW for the past 2 months now its all i talk about.:sohappy:

Ringo8n24

If you stay on property, Grumpy can easily go back to the hotel room while you and the rest of the family enjoy the park. :shrug: I cannot believe anyone can be unhappy at Disney.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

He wont allow himself to be happy, his words. Yes we are on property and plan to ditch him and go about our disney happiness lol.

:lol: That is a sad but true benefit of staying on property. If one person is not having a good time, then catch a bus or monorail back to the hotel and we will see you later. We practice that with our kids when they get cranky for their nap...one or both parents go back to the resort with them. :D It can work for adults, too.

Upvote 0

frankd1962

Drop him off WWoS and let him have fun with the sports stuff or on the Boardwalk. I let my ex control me when we were married and there. I couldn't go on rides she didn't because they were "boring, you won't like it, I did it last time I was here...." and stuff like that. Or made me feel guilty for going on something and her waiting at the end for me because she didn't like it. This trip I'm going alone and going to do all the stuff she said she didn't want to go on or do. :D:cool:

Upvote 0

Helenr

Really? I'd consider getting rid of Grumpy!

Leave him at home and spend the money it would have cost to take him on yourself and DD.

Even if it's not 'your cup of tea' don't ruin a holiday for others - selfish. Just don't get why someone who 'loves' you would want to ruin things for you and your DD too, you have to go with the flow :shrug:

Just my 2c worth - reckon I'd make a good marriage guidence expert!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My ex [I detect a theme here :lookaroun] was always telling DS he "wouldn't like that ride" for rides she didn't want to go on [particularly anything wet - Splash, Kali, etc...]. When we went to DLR it rained all but one day we were in California and she complained that she "didn't come all the way to California for weather like this"... As though I had nefariously planned it that way when I booked our January trip the previous October! The icing on the cake was our last full day, we spent it at California Adventure and it rained all day. DS and I rode Grizzly River Run [CA's raft ride] while she stood on a bridge under her umbrella. We all rode Soarin' and then DS and I rode California Screamin' around a dozen times in a row while she waited at the ice cream shop. She said she's had enough and wanted to go back to the hotel and I said she had a key and we'll catch up later... :wave: But she insisted, so we went back.

Then next morning I woke up and she'd gone to the hotel gym leaving a note asking me to pick her up some breakfast to go when DS and I came back from breakfast :mad:. On the way to breakfast, DS and I casually discussed our practice of bringing mommy with us on vacations [we separated in '97 but I paid her way on four 'family' vacations to that point], we agreed that future vacations would be just "the boys"! We've had two really great trips since and have three more planned between now and February :D

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Just to throw a monkey wrench into this whole thing... where does your DH want to go on vacation? Does he always have to give up his pick to take you to WDW? Maybe thats why he doesn't want to go or tries to ruin your good time. Try a compromise and he may be in a better frame of mind next time.

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Nobody likes a grumpy dad...

Reminds me of the morning I was at MK waiting with all the Cindy's Table early breakfast folks so I could get in early for a tour. This absolute jerk of a dad comes in with his two charming brats and a whiny mom in tow (I'm not generalizing -- these folks were really rude). They were extremly loud -- the kids were cranky -- but the dad was the worst. He was cussing at his kids (lots of little nearby ears were burning), calling them "punk" and "jerk" and other loving terms. He was, in his words, "gonna start a riot" beacuse a group of people was let in before him. That group of people was made up entirely of new CMs taking the "Traditions" class training tour. He was fighting with his wife, etc, and just basically causing a big scene. After about a half-hour of this nonsense, he finally griped that they'd better let him in soon or he'd, again, "start a riot" because it was almost time for their priority seating at Chef Mickeys.

Silence. Uncomfortable silence. Who would tell this jerk that he had screwed up?

Of the several folks around me, I was the first to speak up. "Excuse me sir... did you say you had priotiry seating at Chef Mickey's?"

"Yeah."

"Sir, Chef Mickey's is over at the Contemporary resort, not here at the Magic Kingdom."

"WHAT?"

(etc etc etc etc etc)

I told him he could take the monorail, but it might take too long. If he was late, they might just want to take the five-minute walk. He still opted for the monorail, as opposed to pushing a double stroller through the lot.

Anybody else I would have felt extremely sorry for. But this guy -- it just felt good to see the look on his face after the way he'd acted like such a jerk.

Upvote 0

Skylinecar1982

My dad is one of those "who won't allow themselfs to be happy" I always want to punch him in the face. As long as you have your DD with you just ignore him and he will have no choice but to enjoy. My father is the most stubborn person I know and will neverback down. But when we leave him alone he just starts to enjoy himself and soon joins in on the fun

Upvote 0

EMThompsen

I agree with the folks who think he should stay at home. & when you get back from your trip tell him while you were watching the fireworks that you stood next to a very nice man who happens to be a divorce lawyer.:fork:

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

My mom and I are both Disney freaks. My dad, like your husband could careless about it, and when he is there, the expense of it all just makes him mad. So a long time ago my mom told him to stop coming with us. Made our vacations so much better.

Upvote 0

RedBaron

If your husband wont like going and does not want to go, why bring him? I see no reason to drag someone to WDW who does not like it there. If he insits on going on the trip, is there anything else he likes to do? If he is one of those people who likes to sit at the hotel all day by the pool with a book then let him. When he picks places to go on vacation do you ruin it for him? Assuming you don't, it sounds like both of you need to have a long talk. Good luck.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

My husband changed his mind and doesnt want to go to Disney next year. But we will go anyways but he wont like it. Yes thats right he wont like it and try to ruin it for us. And sure to try to embarass us by yelling and acting like a fool.
Have anyone seen one of these fools in the park?

I told him he wont be able to ruin it for me this time. I plan on having too much fun with my DD.

I missed the fireworks the very 1st time to MK (my very 1st trip ever to WDW) with him he said there overrated and we needed to get back to daytona.. I made him take a picture with Mickey Mouse in the tents and if you could see the picture he looks like he is shooting daggers out of his eyes towards mickey. So sad. But Mickey & I looked great. lol

I eat sleep thinking WDW for the past 2 months now its all i talk about.:sohappy:
Just let Grumpy stay at home:mad: ...that way you & your DD will have more $ to do the things that you want to do!:)
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom