Oga's Cantina at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mdcpr

Well....Oga's is THAT place. WOW! The atmosphere is exciting, the detailed themeing found everywhere (right down to some of the cups your drinks are served in) and the "acting" of the Cast are exceptional. Are the drinks pricey, yes. But they are great with just the right about of alcohol content to give you a buzz without getting drunk. Oga's surpasses Trader Sam's in my book in basically every way. We were not able to snag a reservation but thank the three suns they were taking walk-ups. It was a right place at the right time situation and we took advantage. Now that being said, my gosh it is small. You can tell this was not designed to handle the crowds it attracts (nor the size of some of the Guests). To me, that is a huge failure. My friends and I will definitely be returning to GE simply to experience this place.
68505013_10216638267423193_7816754502064668672_n.jpg
They sell soda in the cute little cans!

matt9112

I couldn’t get past the Falcon page either, so I ended up calling. International long distance on my dime. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I ended up getting two ADR’s, but they’re a little messed up. One was supposed to be for 2 on 9/4, and the other for 4 on 9/6.

According to MDE, the reservation for the 4th is actually for 35 minutes earlier than I booked ... and it is also for 4 people.

I’m sure some totally random strangers will want to join us for drinks at 11:10 am, right?!?

Actually....we wont be there that early but we will be there with no cantina access. Womp womp.

matt9112

Poorly executed? It’s a lounge with limited capacity. There are restaurants that have been around for decades that are booked 180 days out.

I understand it sucks being left out, but not everyone can do everything. It’s better than having people stand in line for 5 hours to get a juice with 3 mL of vodka.

Or they could not underbuild f&b in three of there theme parks? Mk has the same problem only two places anyone wants to go to because everything else is so far down the ladder. There is no excuse to build establishments this small. Or if they are small in quantity. Bog is the perfect example of its not new or flashy anymore but still a madhouse because everything else pales to compare. What if every place was just better and held to higher standards so these places were not so high and mighty because everywhere is good?
Crazy i know.

matt9112

Legit question - should I convert the first ADR to two people or just offer two random strangers the opportunity to join us? It’s a bar with a whole lot of communal seating, so how awkward would it be?

Either way imho if you release it in theory that would open up a slot for 2 at that same time and that would get snagged or if you did meet two random people im sure they would be very appreciative.
If you leave it alone its not like there going to yell at you.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Either way imho if you release it in theory that would open up a slot for 2 at that same time and that would get snagged or if you did meet two random people im sure they would be very appreciative.
If you leave it alone its not like there going to yell at you.
I’ve tried to release it online and through the app multiple times, but no go. I’ll be darned if I’m going to spend another 5 bucks in long distance to cancel.

You don’t know me, but I’m a total pixie dust snorter. The no 1-800 number really ticks me off though. C’mon Disney - YOU CAN AFFORD IT!

matt9112

I’ve tried to release it online and through the app multiple times, but no go. I’ll be darned if I’m going to spend another 5 bucks in long distance to cancel.

You don’t know me, but I’m a total pixie dust snorter. The no 1-800 number really ticks me off though. C’mon Disney - YOU CAN AFFORD IT!

Im suprised theres no local way over there. To make calls or change things without paying. Reminds me of a time i had to call and argue with phone company just to allow them to let me make those calls for a fee.

matt9112

Don't you mean wampa wampa?
Anywho this further solidifies my choice to walk not run to this new land. Screams cash grab

Were doing two days....ish at dhs something i never thought i would say. The night before we are going to do rock n and try to bang out other misc stuff than the next day doing the wicked early thing with tot pass.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thats a lot of words to say 'I like music'.

There is a thematic reason why there isn't music. Live with it. If you need music for your enjoyment, I don't know what to tell you.

Now, I'm someone that doesn't listen to music basically ever. So I'm definitely biased to not caring about it. But to say things like you don't know what the Falcon is without music is silly.

And I can't comprehend that not having some BGM can negatively influence people to their detriment. Especially those who have only seem the land through YouTube.

I saw it, sweetcheeks...

And I actually liked it more than I thought I would ...but still it has no character. As in it needs the character of Star Wars...not drunk CPs in Jawa costumes.

From a WDI standpoint...I liked it. Lack of priorities aside...it’s well executed. They didn’t do enough...but what they did is good.

But they built abramsland...as I feared. And that movie sucked in the rear view mirror just like 8 did on the screen.

Please, dear god, whoever the executive is spying on this board, tell bob to fly to San Fran and FIRE Kennedy now before this idiocy continues!!!
Save the franchise from the creatively empty!!
Get somebody in their that can understand something other than trash and reboots.

back to the land...I remember people saying they weren’t “into Star Wars” and the land “brought them back”...

I guess that person “wasn’t into it” like a dog isn’t into eating off the table, huh?

...can’t remember who it was though...🤔

Has there been any word on if we’ll ever get Dj Rex’s music released officially? It would be nice to be able to listen to the entire loop at some point. If they can release a soundtrack for Avatar Land, I don’t see why we can’t get on for Galaxy’s Edge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom