Offsite hotel near Universal for the non-Disney days of our trip...

JimboJones123

We just booked a 14-night trip next November, but are getting to Orlando 2 days earlier and wondering where we should stay the extra 2 nights.

We plan on going to US and IOA, so would love a hotel with shuttle, and maybe a breakfast.

The goal would be for about $50 a night, so we are not looking for anything fancy.

We have Sea World annual passes, so I was also wondering how their pass discount program works as well.

The nights are November 11th and 12th (Thurs and Fri).

Thanks to everybody for suggestions.

slappy magoo

Can't help in the 50 dollar range, especially since who knows what next year will bring. I was just going to suggest, when the time gets a little closer, to check out potential deals either at mousesavers.com or at http://allears.net/acc/faq_hot.htm Allears this year has current special rates at Doubletree Suites in the DTD area for 90-100 a night and may have similar deals next year. I know that's more than you were looking for. I also know you have nearly a year to come up with the extra scratch ;)

Of course, you could also try bidding on rooms at priceline and getting a much nicer room than you would expect for 50 a night, if they have the inventory to dump.

Upvote 0

corey154

Not in the $50 range, but sometimes find around $74 on priceline.com is the doubletree hotel at the entrance to universal orlando. nice hotel, nice area.

also the perks to your seaworld pass depends on what kind of annual pass you have. if you go to the website and check it'll list them all. there's quite a few depending on the type.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive is pretty central for Seaworld and Universal but does suffer from loud obnoxious drunks making too much noise at Pointe Orlando after dark. Room rate may be a little over $50 but if the drunks stay quiet it isn't a bad hotel to spend some time in.

Upvote 0

mjmyers10

hotwire is the way to go. We got a the pineapple hotel right outside downtown disney for $30 last summer. Just make sure you look at the star rating before booking. I've never had a bad experience with hotwire.

Upvote 0

Philo

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn International Drive before which is maybe about a mile - mile and a half from Universal. We walked it a couple of times with no problems. It certainly was cheap however it wasn't a great hotel. They were renovating it when we were there but it was still a very basic hotel (with free breakfast though!).

Look into it but be aware that bad reviews aren't that far off the mark.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom