Offsite Accomodation

mousefan17

i dont know anything about that particular hotel.... but i do know about staying of site. i stayed at the hotel royal plaze, (kind of off site, its in DTD) and transportation is a PAIN! it took FOREVER to got back to the hotel. so unless you plan on renting a car/van to stay off site, i might reconsider!

Upvote 0

Debbie

Not to be nosy; but why are you staying off-site? There are so many resorts to choose from on site and you don't have to worry about traffic. Last time I was on 192 in Kissimmee, traffic was horrible. I have stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza and would do so again if the price was right. But drive your own vehicle to the parks as their transportation s*cked

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak721

If you want a great, and i mean a true adventure, stay at the Days Inn near the airport on McCoy road! Now that is one of the most BEAUTIFUL hotels that I have ever stayed in in my life. It was only for one night, but it was a night I will NEVER forget.

Incase you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. DONT Stay at that Days Inn, EVER. When we got there, they were recommending that we switch our reservation to the Howard Johnsons Next Door for 10 dollars more.
"Why?"
"Because our facilities haven't been renovated in 30 years"

We didn't switch the reservation, mainly because we were getting up at 6:00 in the morning, and at this time it was already 1:30 AM so we didn't even bother. We opened the room door, and there was instantly the smell of death portruding out of the room. There were burns in the rug that looked like someone took an Iron that was on, and pressed it on the carpet. There were holes in the tub, and cracks in the enamel, the TV had to be KICKED about 10 times before it would turn on. It was right by the freeway and we felt so unsafe that we took all the chairs in the room and stacked them in front of the door. It was brutal. We didn't fall asleep until about 4:30 AM and got up at about 6:00. I hate to admit it, but i took a shower in that shower and I felt like i was in the movie PSYCHO. I have a feeling that there was a video camera watching me while i was doing that too. The girls in the group had a seperate room for themselves and we heard them screaming and we went outside to see all of them flying out of the room becuase they saw cockroaches or something. Then we got our luggage, put it in the car, and on our way out, we noticed blood stains in the carpet. It was at that point that I decided that I am NEVER staying off property again. I mean, yeah i'm sure that there are nicer hotels out there that are off property, but First Impressions last a lifetime. When we left there, the All Star Music resort seemed like the Four Seasons.

Upvote 0

leeocean

I am not a big fan of staying off property but you might want to stay at the All Stars during the Disney portion of your trip and then stay somewhere else off site when your plans do not include Disney.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Originally posted by starsky

Probably because it's one heck of a lot cheaper. My next trip is for 3 and a half weeks, no way I could afford Disney.
where do you know of a nice, clean, convenient place to stay that is cheaper than $79.00 per nite?
Let me know and I can check it out next time I am down there.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

yeah I would recommend the all stars before going off site...although...we have gotten some great deals in other cities for $59 a night...for instance just got back from a short trip to Memphis...we have company here from England & Jersey and they are huge Elvis fans...anyway we paid $59 a night for the Hampton Inn & Suites at Beale & S.Third St. for a two room suite so great bargains can be had...if you ask enough times!

Upvote 0

WDW#1fan

My wife and i stayed at a hampton inn for $69 a nite right across the street from Disney's entrance to Downtown Disney. It was clean beautiful view and quite. So if you wanna check it out, do a search for (Hampton Inn Lake buena vista) It was great to us! Hope this helps. I promise you will get a good nights sleep.:snore:

Upvote 0

Polly

Original Poster
Yes you are right -i t is because of the price. We can get 3 bedrooms lounge /diner and laundry for $72 a night in August. We have our own car so transport is no problem.We havn't made any reservations yet so I'm open to suggestions.:)

Upvote 0

mej

For Starsky!!

AI'll back you up Starsky in a reply from a fellow "Norn Ireland" Disney fan! I have never heard of this hotel, but have stayed in many off site hotels over the past 10 years and have never had a bad experience. As you say, when you travel from NI things can be very expensive. We either have to book a direct flight from NI/RI over a year in advance and pay through the nose for the privilege, or else fly the whole family to the mainland - and that can add a lot of money!! - and can mean another overnight stay in an airport hotel.

I have stayed in All Star movies and it was great, but 2 weeks there is expensive (by NI standards anyway!). We are going for 3 and a half weeks also this year and to stay at the ASM would have cost around £5000 for 2 adults and 2 kids! We are staying off site for £2800 (including our car!) - we have to buy tickets/pay for petrol/parking - but that won't be £2200!

Enjoy your trip Starsky! - I'll look out for you as I'll be there at the same time! (I'll be the one going beserk when Rafiki is around!)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, some friends of ours were coming from England and they ended up booking off site as well. I think we Americans tend to forget the extra expenses and I dont think they make the same cheap offers as easily available for you either..because the prices she was quoted were much higher than what we were quoted...but I hate to pay anything over $100 a night anywhere...just to cheap I suppose but we dont use the rooms for much besides sleeping and showering!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom