OFFICIAL WDWMagic Banner Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

Original Poster
I know imma get hit for this...but uh...plutis..yours isnt valid because it isnt a solid background.....easily fixable....

if you want a pattern..make it on the left side and have the right side fade to the solid color..that'll work...

Goofette

Originally posted by NowInc
I know imma get hit for this...but uh...plutis..yours isnt valid because it isnt a solid background.....easily fixable....

if you want a pattern..make it on the left side and have the right side fade to the solid color..that'll work...

Dan, you party pooper :D rules, rules, rules!

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofette

Dan, you party pooper :D rules, rules, rules!

I know i know..but if i let ONe person bend the rules..im gunna get about 20 PMs of people asking if they can bend OTHER rules...

PLUTIS

Straight from the big man himself (Steve)..these guidelines are UNBENDABLE!

Dimensions - 700x60 pixels

Blue Daylight Background - RGB 66,119,173
Evening Shades Background - RGB 115, 125, 165

MUST incorporate the words...

WDWMAGIC.COM
An Unofficial Walt Disney World Fan Site
- no other wording!

No Characters of any kind

No Images from other Disney Official or UnOfficial Sites

Banner must work both color schemes, and be the same version of the banner (just different backgrounds).

Must be a "web friendly" format and size. So Compression will be looked at on this one. JPG, GIF, PNG are all acceptable.

Prize could be to run it on the forum for 1 month

So to recap...you will be sumbitting 2 pictures for this one. One for each forum design.

Because of the strict guidelines and the complexity of the contest...this one is going to run for 2 weeks. The contest wil end on July 26th on 11:59 PM EST.

As usual..if we recieve more than 15 entries...a neutral party WILL decide the final ones to be used...no hard feelings...

Good luck everyone...looking forward to seeing the submissions.

And I don't mean to get technical, NowInc :) , but I don't see where it says that it has to be SOLID persay? :) But I'm new and I could have missed it somewhere.

Whew, you are picky!!!

He He, I'm just giving you a hard time, I will adjust it tonight. I just hope I can do it in time. :animwink:

Thanks for the warning, I wouldn't want to be disqualified for that... HEY, maybe that's why MSU didn't say anything to me about it last night... He WANTs me to be disqualified. :D :D :D Nothing like a little husband/wife competition!!!:sohappy:

NowInc

Original Poster
Re: Re: OFFICIAL WDWMagic Banner Contest

Originally posted by PLUTIS

And I don't mean to get technical, NowInc :) , but I don't see where it says that it has to be SOLID persay? :) But I'm new and I could have missed it somewhere.

Whew, you are picky!!!

He He, I'm just giving you a hard time, I will adjust it tonight. I just hope I can do it in time. :animwink:

Thanks for the warning, I wouldn't want to be disqualified for that... HEY, maybe that's why MSU didn't say anything to me about it last night... He WANTs me to be disqualified. :D :D :D Nothing like a little husband/wife competition!!!:sohappy:

Well..you are sorta right..i DIDNT put it in those rules (an oversight on my part)..I think i figured since we put the exact color specs for the background i covered the whole "must be a solid color" thing...my mistake..doh!!!

Sorry bout that...hehe.....and MSU probobly didnt tell ya about it cuz he was afraid you would hit him ;)

...I wont be around at 11:59 to close the contest..so if MSU is around i'll have him do it..but if he cant...any submission made AFTER 11:59 EST will not be accepted....hehe..good luck everyone!

Wilt Dasney

At this moment, we're currently sitting on 23 entries, just in case anyone's wondering...

Here are a few 11th-hour issues I noticed that I thought I'd point out. I know it's kinda late at this point, but I was looking at what everyone's posted and these jumped out at me:

CalDisney: You corrected the spelling error in one of your banners, but not the other. If you realize this in time, you should probably make sure that both of your banners are fixed.

WDW/SFOG_Freak: So far, you've posted 2 entries and labeled both as "unfinished." I don't know if this had escaped your attention or not, but at this point, you still don't have a "real" entry. (Hopefully, you found a font that works for you. :animwink: )

DCA Fan: You posted a kick- entry, but you only left one. Where's the twin??

Kelly: You posed links to some banners you made, but never actually posted them. Are you in the contest or not? Might as well enter 'em.

Maria: OK, youve carried out this "I don't know what I'm doing" thing long enough. Time to unveil that banner you've been working on for 2 weeks now--the one that'll just make everybody go " :eek: ". :animwink:

OK, that's it.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by Wilt Dasney
At this moment, we're currently sitting on 23 entries, just in case anyone's wondering...

Here are a few 11th-hour issues I noticed that I thought I'd point out. I know it's kinda late at this point, but I was looking at what everyone's posted and these jumped out at me:

CalDisney: You corrected the spelling error in one of your banners, but not the other. If you realize this in time, you should probably make sure that both of your banners are fixed.

WDW/SFOG_Freak: So far, you've posted 2 entries and labeled both as "unfinished." I don't know if this had escaped your attention or not, but at this point, you still don't have a "real" entry. (Hopefully, you found a font that works for you. :animwink:)

DCA Fan: You posted a kick- entry, but you only left one. Where's the twin??

OK, that's it.

Hehe..you beat me to it...i was just about to post a last minute reminder...

Here are things to make sure of before the contest ends...since i WILL be looking at all of these and wll NOT bend the rules for anyone::

2 entries....

MUST have the correct background color (yep..im going to check with the eyedropper tool)

SPELLING!!!

Your source material must be from WDWMagic (since i pretty much know all images on the site...i can tell which ones arent from here)

must be in my 11:59 pm EST....

Again...good luck !!!

PLUTIS

Re: Re: Re: OFFICIAL WDWMagic Banner Contest

Well..you are sorta right..i DIDNT put it in those rules (an oversight on my part)..I think i figured since we put the exact color specs for the background i covered the whole "must be a solid color" thing...my mistake..doh!!!

Sorry bout that...hehe.....and MSU probobly didnt tell ya about it cuz he was afraid you would hit him ;)

...I wont be around at 11:59 to close the contest..so if MSU is around i'll have him do it..but if he cant...any submission made AFTER 11:59 EST will not be accepted....hehe..good luck everyone!

I don't think he'll be around at that time, because we'll both be out. Which by the way totally sucks because I don't think I'll be able to change my banner in time since I'll be at work all day. :( Yikes!! hmmm. we'll see.

Wilt Dasney

MUST have the correct background color (yep..im going to check with the eyedropper tool)

I was just double-checking my BG colors and found that the RGB guidelines don't seem to be universal across software. I designed them exactly to regulation in Paint, and found that the figures changed slightly when I opened them in PhotoImpact. I'm not sure how to acount for this (nor do I have time, since I'm about to walk out the door), but I hope too many people don't get burned by something similar to this.

NowInc

Original Poster
Normally i wouldnt care about the background color issue..but its for a website..so it has to be exact...sorry :(

Wilt Dasney

It's cool...

I reworked the first image to get the colors right, but then when I re-uploaded it, it was too large. :hammer:

I think something was lost in the compression perhaps (I'm no expert here). Anyway, I'm at a friend's house now, and his software is limited to MS Paint, so I'm kinda S.O.L. (not to mention too impatient).

My stuff probably won't fit specifications, but c'est la vie. Good luck to the rest.

Wilson

OK, in at the last minute:

Attachments

• daylight2.jpg
    daylight2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 548

DCA Fan

Ignore my first entry, I checked the EPCOT pic and it wasn't from the website. I don't remember where I got it.

So here is my updated pic, all images from WDWMAGIC.

Attachments

• wdwmagic3.jpg
    wdwmagic3.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 165

NowInc

Original Poster
And the contest is over ;)

Thank you to all who contributed..im going to set up the voting either tonight or tommorow afternoon (dont worry..there will be PLEANTY of time to vote)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom