Official WDW Facebook page opens the floodgates to MyMagic+ comments

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Overall, not positive. Lots of likes though. Not sure what, if anything Disney will make of it.
About as much as they should make out of it. Lots of people complaining about things they may have never used, don't understand, or used during a shaky testing period. If they feel like wading through to find only those comments that say "I used it..." then that might be helpful. Other than that, probably just as useful as a customer survey sent after the fact to known customers.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
About as much as they should make out of it. Lots of people complaining about things they may have never used, don't understand, or used during a shaky testing period. If they feel like wading through to find only those comments that say "I used it..." then that might be helpful. Other than that, probably just as useful as a customer survey sent after the fact to known customers.

Exactly like the Avatar announcement!

The comments on there are more negative than they are on here.

Maybe this site isn't just a bunch of doom-and-gloomers after all?

They do seem to be more negative than on here.

twebber55

Collin Cowherd on espn radio calls these people angry message board guy...basically big companies with CEOs dont pay any attention to the fans on websites

CDavid

Collin Cowherd on espn radio calls these people angry message board guy...basically big companies with CEOs dont pay any attention to the fans on websites

Sure, they're absolutely certain they know how things should be done and that the "fans" literally don't have a clue, with no business aptitude whatsoever.

Which is the sort of thinking which gives us MM+, Avatarland, and the original California Adventure.

dgp602

The comments on there are more negative than they are on here.

Maybe this site isn't just a bunch of doom-and-gloomers after all?

I came back from WDW in December and participated in the Magic Band trial. Before I left for my trip, I used the MY Disney Experience website and App to make and confirm dinner reservations, choose my FP+ for a family of six, and plan other aspects of my trip. I was able to link my info to other family members without a problem. During my trip, my Magic band worked flawlessly as my resort entry for parking, my room key, my resort charge, and FP. I experienced no problems whatsoever and in fact, liked the convenience of having this tool readily accessible. I wore it all day at Blizzard Beach with no ill effects. At the MK, my daughter lost hers and with a quick trip to the customer service center at Town Square, we had a replacement ( in the same color! ) within 15 mins. The MY Disney Experience app for our IPhone provided up to the minute info on wait times and dining available. I would highly recommend the bands to anyone heading to WDW. So, my question to all of you is ( and please be kind..LOL ), what am I missing? Why all the hate towards the Magic Bands?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Interesting comments on the FB page, but in line with what has been said in this forum...

I actually found the FB post below that one more ironic...

"Learn how to participate in a test of FP+ by staying at a Disney Resort Hotel!"

Ok...let's translate that.

"Pay us through the nose to use this system as a beta tester"

What a deal!

GrumpyFan

Interesting comments on the FB page, but in line with what has been said in this forum...

I actually found the FB post below that one more ironic...

"Learn how to participate in a test of FP+ by staying at a Disney Resort Hotel!"

Ok...let's translate that.

"Pay us through the nose to use this system as a beta tester"

Wow, when you put it like that, it sounds really bad. In reality though, it's really not.
People are just exaggerating to make it sound bad. Mind you, I know there have been some problems, but for guests, the system works well and without any issue whatsoever. In fact, I would have a hard time calling it a "beta test", it's practically in production now.

twebber55

Sure, they're absolutely certain they know how things should be done and that the "fans" literally don't have a clue, with no business aptitude whatsoever.

Which is the sort of thinking which gives us MM+, Avatarland, and the original California Adventure.
not saying i agree with it but thats the mentality
same goes for ADs at colleges when fans want the coach fired every other week
Me personally i havent tried MM+ yet nor have i been to Pandora so i dont have much of an opinion

SirLink

Eh they pay more attention than you would think, in particular I can name 3 to 4 that have internal sub teams under marketing, so they can send in the Astro-Turfers to layout the positivity on a rather nasty negative problem... and some observe and monitor "leaders" and buy them out with sugar and spice ... and some address the problem head on ...

twebber55

Eh they pay more attention than you would think, in particular I can name 3 to 4 that have internal sub teams under marketing, so they can send in the Astro-Turfers to layout the positivity on a rather nasty negative problem... and some observe and monitor "leaders" and buy them out with sugar and spice ... and some address the problem head on ...
perhaps you re right....like my favorite AD Dave Brandon says...fans see 5% of whats really going on

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Can you explain why all my comments that it would be a good idea to give George a free vacation have been summarily ignored, Mr. Smarty Pants?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom