Official Photography Contest 4.15.05 - 4.21.05: Rainy Days

speck76

Original Poster
PLEASE READ!

Upload photos to your WDWMagic Photo Album, or on your own personal site, and then link the photos using the
option. Do not post your photos as an attachment. If you have questions on how to do this, please PM me.

Rainy Days Photo Contest

Subject Rules: 4/15-21 Rainy Days photo contest. Pictures can be taken in any Disney park, but must be taken during or right after the wonderful rainy weather that makes the park so much fun.

Contest Rules: Contests will run from now until -Thursday, 4/21/05 11:59pm PACIFIC TIME, submissions after this time will not be included in voting.

1 submission per member, per contest. Once you post your picture, you can not replace it. You can not use is entry in future contests, nor could it have been entered in previous contests.

Pictures can be taken with any type of camera (film or digital)

Pictures can not be altered in any way, except to adjust size, crop, or add your own personal watermark. This is a photography contest, not a photo-editing contest.

Pictures must be of acceptable dimensions and file size for this site.

Pictures could have been taken at any time for this contest (if you visited last April, you can use pictures taken on that trip), but they must be taken by the member, and not by a family member or by a cast member.

In the event that nobody participates, voting will not take place (of course), otherwise, voting will occur for this contest beginning Friday 4/21/05 at noon'ish and ending 5 days later. One vote per member is allowed.

No breaking of park rules or common etiquette to take your pictures. (no accessing restricted areas, no flash photography on attractions which do not allow it....stuff like that)

Have Fun!

mrtoad

In Feb we were in the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours and it was pouring so we did not expect to see Wishes. We ate at Cosmic Rays and came out and Wishes was running. We stood on the bridge next to the castle and to watch and due to the combo of rain and intense smoke this shot was created. Not what I intended or expected but love it just the same.

15676274-L.jpg

RU42

mrtoad - that is a cool pic.

OK - here is my rainy day in DL. I wanted to catch the train coming into the station while one is going over the hill (middle right.) As I snapped the shot a bird flew into the picture. If you look really close you can see the BTMRR vulture on the right side of the Mt.

5906FrL_BTMRR_04_1018.jpg

RU

wannab@dis

mrtoad said:
In Feb we were in the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours and it was pouring so we did not expect to see Wishes. We ate at Cosmic Rays and came out and Wishes was running. We stood on the bridge next to the castle and to watch and due to the combo of rain and intense smoke this shot was created. Not what I intended or expected but love it just the same.

15676274-L.jpg

I love that picture! There's something mysterious, but very magical about it. Can't put my finger on it, but wow, great shot!

mrtoad

RU42 said:
mrtoad - that is a cool pic.

OK - here is my rainy day in DL. I wanted to catch the train coming into the station while one is going over the hill (middle right.) As I snapped the shot a bird flew into the picture. If you look really close you can see the BTMRR vulture on the right side of the Mt.

5906FrL_BTMRR_04_1018.jpg

RU

Thank-you.

Thanks also for posting your shot. I have never seen the station of BTMRR at DL. Very different than WDW. Very cool, thanks.

Mike

mrtoad

wannab@dis said:
I love that picture! There's something mysterious, but very magical about it. Can't put my finger on it, but wow, great shot!

Thanks. I really am happy with it. Some of the rest I took at that time look like an atom bomb went off... The smoke and rain and light had weird effects.

Laura

I love your photo ChefTigger!

I honestly have NOTHING to contribute. I scoured my albums and only found 1 photo taken right after the rain but you'd never know it had just rained by looking at the photo. Plus I'm planning to use it in a later competition.

It poured rain one day I was on vacation in February, but of course we went to Sea World that day!

WDWScottieBoy

Nicholas I love your picture. She looks like shes enjoying that poncho more than anyone. Great entries all thus far, it's going to be hard!

nicholas

WDWScottieBoy said:
Nicholas I love your picture. She looks like shes enjoying that poncho more than anyone. Great entries all thus far, it's going to be hard!
LOL. Perhaps you should reacquaint yourself with the definition of "enjoying." :p

She was MISERABLE. :lol:

barnum42

I looked through my black clouds and rain coming down shots, but decided to go with some simple fun. If it's belting down in Animal Kingdom, seek shelter in Harambe and munch on a couple of turkey leg ice creams :slurp:
y886gm.jpg

Boo's Mom

I had a beautiful photo of the tower of terror after a rainstorm with storm clouds overtop but I can't find it now :cry: oh well better luck next time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom