Official Photography Contest 11/9/07 - 11/15/07 Disney Transportation

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
To be fair to the people who have posted Pictures of Monorails...Sometimes when you see what the Topic of the contest is you just put in a picture of whatever the topic is without reading the rules..

I know you should always read the rules but sometimes people just do not.

So maybe if Nibbs or just one person could have said something about the monorail pictures it would seem a lot nicer...and then they would have been removed.

Just My opinion :)
Dana, I always nicely tell people when their photos are violating the rules. (As long as I notice it before the contest is over.) So, those people are getting notice and have the right to fix their image. I've been doing that for over a year now. Each one of the people who posted monorail photos were gently reminded that they were not included in this week's contest. :wave:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
If the judges will allow it...I know it's late....if not, I hope everyone just enjoys this picture :)

Transportation_Contest_Entry.jpg
Gorgeous shot! But it was posted after the deadline. :(

I love it though! Absolutely beautiful. (At least you'll be able to use it in another contest now! :D )

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Thanks anyway...my new camera takes gorgeous sunset shots...if we ever have a sunset contest, I'll have a hard time deciding which one to use.

I'm just glad I got even a couple responses on my picture :)

Shere_Khan

Yes, I have posted an incorrect picture before when quickly skimming the rules and Nibbs kindly PMed me and said that it was not within the rules but I could most definitely replace it before the deadline was up. I was glad she did it that way so I could hurry and replace it before too many people came down on me for posting incorrectly. Thanks Nibbs for doing that!! So there is really no point in bringing it up here and making the person feel bad. Nibbs will let them know if they are in the wrong.

s8film40

I read the instructions, which is why I didn't post any pictures. It's not a real Disney Transportation photography contest if monorails aren't allowed. It should be called a Disney bus and watercraft photography contest it's a matter of giving it the proper title. I think you would discover the same problem if you had a Disney character photography contest and then said photos of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto are not allowed. Anyway's the pictures are nice though even the monorails.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I read the instructions, which is why I didn't post any pictures. It's not a real Disney Transportation photography contest if monorails aren't allowed. It should be called a Disney bus and watercraft photography contest it's a matter of giving it the proper title. I think you would discover the same problem if you had a Disney character photography contest and then said photos of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto are not allowed. Anyway's the pictures are nice though even the monorails.

It's NOT a real Disney Transportation photography contest.

It's a WDWMagic Official Photography Contest. It run by nibblesandbits and she makes the rules.

If you don't like like it...start your own site.

Have a magical day. :wave:

s8film40

I didn't say I didn't like it in fact I think it was a great idea there were lots of nice photos of watercraft and buses that would have been buried inbetween monorails if it were truly a Disney transportation photography contest. While there's no excuse for not reading the rules (which I had no problem understanding) I think there might have been a little less confusion if the contest had not been mistitled. Using the term Disney transportation implies monorails. I enjoyed the contest lots of nice photos.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I think there might have been a little less confusion if the contest had not been mistitled.

How mistitled / confusing is -

11/9-11/15 Disney Transportation Photo Contest This contest is to showcase all the different types of transportation that Disney has. The monorail is not included in this contest--since that already has a seperate contest.

The definition of transportation is busses (Magical Express, Transport, Cruise Line), resort launches, friendship boats, basically anything that can take you between parks. Disney trains will also be included, however nothing else that can be found in a park, will be allowed. (Ex. ride vehicles, trolleys, etc are not allowed.)

If anyone has ANY problems not realising that Monorails are not included after reading that then English must be a foreign language

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom