Official Moving to Orlando Thread... aka, ASK THE LOCALS!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Lease is signed. We're moving to Windermere-adjacent Ocoee to be close to family. Would've preferred the greater Downtown Orlando area (but not downtown proper), but proximity to family won out.

With that out of the day, anyone have recommendations for movers?
Congratulations! No suggestion other than to suggest getting a few air tags and engraving your name on any valuables just for piece of mind

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Congratulations! No suggestion other than to suggest getting a few air tags and engraving your name on any valuables just for piece of mind
Valuables and technology (other than TVs) are riding in my car with me.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd still make sure you had the serial numbers of those in the car with you;)
fair fair point. We've already started sending boxes of books and clothes to my aunt's house in Windermere. A 40lb box only costs $20 to ship via UPS to Orlando!

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lease is signed. We're moving to Windermere-adjacent Ocoee to be close to family. Would've preferred the greater Downtown Orlando area (but not downtown proper), but proximity to family won out.

With that out of the day, anyone have recommendations for movers?
Update, I received a few recommendations on social media for College Hunks Moving, so they're hired and deposit has been left.

Here's their page is anyone needs movers: https://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Update, I received a few recommendations on social media for College Hunks Moving, so they're hired and deposit has been left.

Here's their page is anyone needs movers: https://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/
Several months later. The good and the bad on these movers.

The good: They were punctual, and came out UNDER budget. Also, every plant with brought arrived alive.

The bad: every single piece of furniture arrived with dents and dings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom