Official Mickey's Philharmagic Opening Day thread for questions, and updates

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Hm. Its new to me. Although I havent been backstage to really look and talk about whats coming up for CM pins, either way, I'll see what it looks like, considering that one is coming, and if I like it.

I only go after the ones I like so my collection is kept at a small number. Really the only ones I go after is AP, opening day, CM only and "before opening"(i.e: The "Under Construction" for M:S and "Dress rehersal" for MPM).

General Grizz

Fan club ornament:

a3_1.JPG

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Heh, thats cool.

I flew at Mach 10 (Yeah, I made it possible today) to get out there and get my pin! And I did! Either the wolves were there earlier in the day or they didnt have a lot out but when I got there, they only had ten out on the rack.

I also saw A board for the attraction over by the bend by Uni and Sand Lake Road going eastbound. Dont know if its the one from the earlier post but it jumped right up on me and I nearly jumped out of my car when I saw it.

Least I know where its at and I can pull a "Shoulder stop to get something from the trunk" and snap the shot.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Oh and the tear has been fixed. Obviously considering that Mickey wanted everything 100% tonight.

And I must say, this had to be the biggest, grandest (Is that a word?) most spectacular opening night since Blast! First started on broadway. All of the Disney Elite were there. From the Fab 5 to the Villionous 7.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Heh, thats cool.

I flew at Mach 10 (Yeah, I made it possible today) to get out there and get my pin! And I did! Either the wolves were there earlier in the day or they didnt have a lot out but when I got there, they only had ten out on the rack.

I also saw A board for the attraction over by the bend by Uni and Sand Lake Road going eastbound. Dont know if its the one from the earlier post but it jumped right up on me and I nearly jumped out of my car when I saw it.

Least I know where its at and I can pull a "Shoulder stop to get something from the trunk" and snap the shot.

Hopefully the Pin Sharks havent bought them all up as I have been unable to get my Grand Opening pin yet. Today hopefully there will be one left for me. They made 3000 (crossing fingers)

General Grizz

Fun Facts

Mickey's PhilharMagic" features the largest seamless projection screen in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 28 feet high.

Donald's voice as heard in the show was created out of classic performance from the past by Clarence "Ducky" Nash, the original voice of Donald Duck. Tony Anselmo, the current voice of Donald, added a few lines that were not recorded by Ducky in the past, such as humming the melody to "Be Our Guest."

The entire production of "Mickey's PhilharMagic" was created totally on computer, representing the first time the featured classic Disney characters were completely modeled and animated by computer.

The show features the largest cast of classic Disney animated stars who have ever performed together in a single 3-D show.
Animator Nik Ranieri, who brought Lumiére to life for Disney's animated classic "Beauty and the Beast," returned to render him in 3-D for "Mickey's PhilharMagic." Animator Glen Keane, creator of the magical Ariel in "The Little Mermaid," also returned to develop her in 3-D for this spectacular experience.

The long mural that spans the lobby is a composite of imagery from animated classic Disney movies with musical themes: "Toot, Whistle, Plunk & Boom," "Melody Time" and "Fantasia."

The show is in the same theater as the "Mickey Mouse Musical Revue" in which Mickey made his Magic Kingdom debut as an orchestra conductor in 1971. In 1980, the show moved to Tokyo Disneyland where it became an opening day attraction in 1983. It continues to play at Tokyo Disneyland today. The 3-D film "Magic Journeys" and the live puppet show "Legend of The Lion King" occupied the theater until the installation of "Mickey's PhilharMagic."

NADisney

last wed sept 24th ,me and my partner arrived in orlando around 9 am,picked our car up and drove to all star movies, they were going to place in Mighty ducks- but i complained and got a better room in the Buzz section of Toy Story, changed clothes and headed to MK to see Philharmagic- it was closed untill 4pm.

I loved it,the film was great and the color,sound was perfect...They do need to add some bubbles to Arile's scene( like when you first see flounder)...lol.

I returned Monday and Tuesday Morning and bought the First Pins that were released for it's premere -- I'm telling the truth on that one cause I made my partner get up very earlie those days to get them...lol

Ariel,The Lion King and Peter Pan scenes rock- just LOVED it.

I hope they make another Philharmagic for Disneyland's 50th, with the same opening and closing but new characters singing their songs.

Tower/of/Terror

Account Suspended
oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! im jealous of everyone!! :cry:

this sounds like a really fun 3-D show. ive heard rave reviews about and uh, i wanna ride it! lol. but, im gonna have to wait 2 years till i can go again :cry: does anyone have any pictures of Philharmagic?;)

CTXRover

Why Mickey is hardly in his own show

Those who have seen Philharmagic know for sure, but evidently Mickey makes nothing more than a cameo in an attraction that has his own name in the title. A very interesting Orlando Sentinel article tells us why.

In short, Mickey has become a corporate and admired symbol. As a result, it would be inappropriate for Mickey to be in less than flattering situations, as Donald finds himself in this attraction. Mickey has been relegated to a position that is considered to be in the likes of the elite in Hollywood. He is only cast in the best and most honorable roles. As a result, he often finds himself as the host of a many things.

I think its a pretty interesting read.

disnyfan89

I finally saw it today and IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best 3-D show Disney has ever done. I would have to say my favorite scene is the Lion King one. I just feel it is something different and in a way a tribute to the show before philarmagic.

PixieTinkerbell

I was lucky enough to be able to attend a Cast Member preview day. I really enjoyed it. I think it may now be my favorite 3D movie which is saying a lot considering I used to work at Muppets. The only thing I didn't like was the computer animation. I wish it was hand-drawn.

0n another note, I went a few days ago and the donald "butt" wasn't working. They had it covered so you didn't see but you could still hear the crash and Donald's reaction. Hopefully that was just a temporary thing.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
The following pins are GONE

Just to let everyone know the following Mickey's Philharmagic Pins are SOLD OUT as of this past weekend 10/4/2003.

pin24350th200

pin24351th200

pin24352th200

pin25111th200

Image source pinpics.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom