Official Mickey's Philharmagic Opening Day thread for questions, and updates

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the geek labs

I figured I would try to start a thread we could all use for one centralized location for questions regarding Mickey's Philharmagic's opening day time frame. This will hopefully minimize the trouble of a thread explosion like what Mission: SPACE caused on the forum. Do I think this will stop that no :)

What we know so far is this.....

From the update on the main page earlier this month

1 September 2003: Unannounced Guest previews

The show has opened several times over the past couple of days for unannounced guest previews. It seems that passing by guests have been asked if they would like to see a preview of a new show, and then directed into the theatre. At this time there are no patterns to the openings, or set times for performances.

We also know some smaller unannounced previews have happened since then.

The Imaginers preview happened on September 12th 2003

WDW Operations preview happened on September 15th 2003

The OFFICIAL Cast Preview will be on the following dates

Cast Previews September 18-19 2003

Thursday the 18th from 9 to 3
Friday the 19th from 11 to 7

The OFFICIAL Annual Passholder Previews with be on the following dates

Annual Passholder Previews will be September 20-21 2003 (during normal operating hours for the Magic Kingdom. Disneys website shows the following park operating hours currently being)

Saturday the 20th from 9 to 10
Sunday the 21st from 9 to 7

I have heard from some CM friends that The Partners In Excellences Preview should be held on the following dates

The Partners In Excellences Previews September 16-17 2003

Sneak Previews happened today 9/23/2003 no word if this will continue.

philharmagic1.jpg

Thanks Timetrip for the picture

25 September 2003: Guest Previews

Guest previews are now running for guests at the Magic Kingdom. However, as always with previews, there are no guarantees that the attraction will be running at any particular time.

The GRAND OPENING should be on October 8th 2003 (with the opening of the Magic Kingdom)

philharmagic_468x60.gif

To enter ---> Click Here <---

source local6.com

Mickey's Philharmagic is OFFICIALLY open

I want to Thank everyone who helped keep this thread up to date and current. I think it was a success as far as keeping the explosions of duplicate threads to a minimum. Now if we can keep Wishes the same way :p

Thanks again everyone

See you at the parks!!!!

aim

I was just looking for a thread about this attraction to ask when it will open! :lol: Thanks for the info!! I can't wait!

ToTBellHop

So you know, a pin is being released today for PhilharMagic that says "Dress Rehearsal Tonight" on it...might be a good opportunity for a soft opening after 4 pm today...:lookaroun

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
So you know, a pin is being released today for PhilharMagic that says "Dress Rehearsal Tonight" on it...might be a good opportunity for a soft opening after 4 pm today...:lookaroun

yep dizpins.com has a pic of it.

BRER STITCH

Sounds like this thing is ready to roll!
Hopefully they'll open it up early like they did for Mission:Space.

No need to keep it hidden!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
Is there a set time for the AP previews or just all day?

whatever the normal park hours for those days are will be the time its open. Disney is going to that style of preview to help with crowds etc. Mission: SPACE preview went flawlessly

EDIT UPDATE

Disneys website shows the following park operating hours currently being

Saturday the 20th from 9 to 10
Sunday the 21st from 9 to 7

Clemster

From previous ride openings what is the likely hood i'll get a chance to see Mickeys Philarmagic between the 15th and 25th September?

If I don't get to see it this visit it's likely to be another couple of years before I get the chance.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Clemster
From previous ride openings what is the likely hood i'll get a chance to see Mickeys Philarmagic between the 15th and 25th September?

If I don't get to see it this visit it's likely to be another couple of years before I get the chance.

Really good likelihood of getting a chance to ride, certainly Sept. 22-25th...it may still be an issue of being there at the right time, though, like it is now--I'm guessing it'll be much like Mission: SPACE was by late July, though.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Todays Pin release for Philharmagic

To Be Released at WDW
Monday September 8, 2003

Note: New Release Date
Mickey's Philharmagic
Rehearsal #1

Lumiere is tuning up for the opening of Mickey's Philharmagic. Lumiere's left arm moves up and down.
LE 1500
Retail $10.50

wdw_philhamagic_001_081503.jpg

image via dizpins.com

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Just to let you know, a cast member who works the Fantasyland attractions told me that soft openings for PhilarMagic begin in 2 weeks. So Clemster, it looks like you have a VERY good chance of experiencing it.

Clemster

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Just to let you know, a cast member who works the Fantasyland attractions told me that soft openings for PhilarMagic begin in 2 weeks. So Clemster, it looks like you have a VERY good chance of experiencing it.
Yay :sohappy:
Thanks for letting me know!

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Could I possibly get a PM with the name of that CM. Just wondering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom