Official "Let the Memories Begin" Poll

What do you think of the Memories Campaign

• Good

Votes: 103 38.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 164 61.4%

• Total voters

Tigger1988

It was meant to last a lot longer if I'm not mistaken.

It was never meant to be an 18 month (or longer) in park celebration like "What Will You Celebrate?" or YOAMD. The promotion/program ran until one million people signed up and promptly ended.

stof911

Also, the photo projections on the castle look like a cheep powerpoint slide show. The rest of it is pretty cool though.

It looks like a cheep powerpoint?! Did you not see the castle that looked like a mix of a ginger bread house and a sketch of it on a paper... yeah the photos looks cheap but tinkerbell flying on the castle in high def... but what do you want do you want video of people instead of photos.

worldfanatic

I couldn't care less. :snore:
The yearly themes have almost zero impact on my vacations.

If you don't like it, just wait a year or two, there will be a new promotion for you to love or hate.

_Scar

It was never meant to be an 18 month (or longer) in park celebration like "What Will You Celebrate?" or YOAMD. The promotion/program ran until one million people signed up and promptly ended.

Source?

And I think I remember reading that Disney was surprised how fast it went out (because people actually loved that campaign...)

Tigger1988

Disney's own website

"The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first."

Why is the "Give a Day. Get a Disney Day." program over?
The goal of the program was to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service. That goal has been reached and the limited number of tickets made available under the program have been allocated. And even though the program has come to an end and you can no longer earn a free Disney Theme Park ticket, we encourage you to volunteer in your community by searching for opportunities through the HandsOn Network, its affiliates and partners. You can search year-round for volunteer opportunities at: www.Handsonnetwork.org.

It was never promoted as an in park celebration. It was an offshoot promotion of the What Will You Celebrate? campaign. So I'm still not quite sure why we're even discussing it, I made no mention of it negative or otherwise.

Cindy'sBruno

Disney's own website

"The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first."

The goal of the program was to inspire one million people to volunteer a day of service. That goal has been reached and the limited number of tickets made available under the program have been allocated. And even though the program has come to an end and you can no longer earn a free Disney Theme Park ticket, we encourage you to volunteer in your community by searching for opportunities through the HandsOn Network, its affiliates and partners. You can search year-round for volunteer opportunities at: www.Handsonnetwork.org.

It was never promoted as an in park celebration. It was an offshoot promotion of the What Will You Celebrate? campaign. So I'm still not quite sure why we're even discussing it, I made no mention of it negative or otherwise.

....but it was still part of the campaign year. Which made it unique...:D IMHO (again):lol::wave:

Cindy'sBruno

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what exactly would make a REALLY GOOD CAMPAIGN....something Memorable....it is really hard :)

_Scar

Disney's own website

It was an ad campaign just like the memories campaign is. And you failed to acknowledge fans loving it and showing their vast approval when you said people will always always be pessimistic here. If it's successfully appealing, people will be positive :wave:

Tigger1988

It was an ad campaign just like the memories campaign is.

I'll reiterate once more, that I was speaking about the CELEBRATIONS. As in the in park celebrations that typically last 18+ months. Not sure what else you want me to say. I can't possibly explain that to you again in any plainer English.

You brought up the volunteer promotion in some lame attempt to insinuate that I made negative comments, which isn't possible since I didn't mention it at all.

You keep going in circles, bringing up things I don't even mention and flat out accusing me of saying things I didn't. Just stop.

_Scar

I'll reiterate once more, that I was speaking about the CELEBRATIONS. As in the in park celebrations that typically last 18+ months. Not sure what else you want me to say. I can't possibly explain that to you again in any plainer English.

You brought up the volunteer promotion in some lame attempt to insinuate that I made negative comments, which isn't possible since I didn't mention it at all.

You keep going in circles, bringing up things I don't even mention and flat out accusing me of saying things I didn't. Just stop.

The whole point of any ad campaign is to get the consumers no matter if they're asking people to "celebrate" or volunteer.

The commercials even showed the Muppets in the parks having a blast. AND The volunteer program had a unit in the parades in Disneyland and MK :ROFLOL: AND volunteers were given extra benefits for wearing their badges. For instance, in Disneyland the volunteers were thanked in Fantasmic.

Are you just ignoring these facts or did you not know? :shrug: I can post pictures and video if you need them.

Tigger1988

The whole point of any ad campaign is to get the consumers no matter if they're asking people to "celebrate" or volunteer.

The commercials even showed the Muppets in the parks having a blast. AND The volunteer program had a unit in the parades in Disneyland and MK :ROFLOL:

Are you just ignoring these facts or did you not know? :shrug: I can post pictures and video if you need them.

It seems you're confused. I'll repeat (for I think the 4th time at this point) that Give A Day. Get A Day. was not.it's.own.celebration.

It was (I'll say again) a promotional tie in to the currently running What Will You Celebrate? "celebration".

Give A Day. Get A Day has ended, has been over for months, yet the What Will You Celebrate? celebration is still going and won't end until Dec 31. I saw the commercials, that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't it's own 18+ month Disney Park celebration.

Do you just like to argue? Because I'm not even sure you're aware of what your original point was pages ago. This conversation isn't even relevant to the topic at hand, yet you keep going.

_Scar

It seems you're confused. I'll repeat (for I think the 4th time at this point) that Give A Day. Get A Day. was not.it's.own.celebration.

It was (I'll say again) a promotional tie in to the currently running What Will You Celebrate? "celebration".

Give A Day. Get A Day has ended, has been over for months, yet the What Will You Celebrate? celebration is still going and won't end until Dec 31. I saw the commercials, that doesn't change the fact that it wasn't it's own 18+ month Disney Park celebration.

Do you just like to argue? Because I'm not even sure you're aware of what your original point was pages ago. This conversation isn't even relevant to the topic at hand, yet you keep going.

This is becoming a waste of my time.

It was an ad campaign no matter which way you slice it. People loved it. Whether you care to acknowledge both or not is up to you.

Every time I bring up a response to your point you ignore it and really it becomes a plain argument rather than a conversation. So, I'll stop "going" for the sake of my sanity and everyone else. :wave:

Tigger1988

This is becoming a waste of my time.

It was an ad campaign no matter which way you slice it. People loved it. Whether you care to acknowledge both or not is up to you.

Every time I bring up a response to your point you ignore it and really it becomes a plain argument rather than a conversation. So, I'll stop "going" for the sake of my sanity and everyone else. :wave:

No one ever denied it was an ad campaign. I mentioned SEVERAL times that it was a promotional tie-in. You seem to be ignoring the fact that I wasn't speaking of ad campaigns but ONCE AGAIN, the park celebrations. I don't know how many times I can possibly repeat this. Free Dining is an ad campaign too, but we're not talking about it because it holds zero relevance to the conversation.

Your responses, more often than not, were not related to my point at all. And at times you made things up about things I didn't even say.

PirateFrank

I think the pictures on the castle BS is almost the worst idea to come out of TDO. Are they going to give people a cut of the door after they use their picture?

Seriously.....awful!

_Scar

I think the pictures on the castle BS is almost the worst idea to come out of TDO. Are they going to give people a cut of the door after they use their picture?

Seriously.....awful!

I posted this before as a joke, but I wouldn't doubt they save 500 pictures on a computer and put it on slideshow screensaver. :ROFLOL:

They showcase peoples castle pictures at night to ruin your memories. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom