Official Date of HISTA closing?

Kermit T. Frog

Original Poster
I was really excited to hear that Captain EO was coming back to the world for an extended run, as I never got to see it when it was first in the parks. However me and my girlfriend are heading to the World May 19th-May 28 and my girlfriend's favorite attraction when it comes to shows is HISTA. When I told her it was closing she was heart broken. But I figured that during our trip we would be able to still see some of the last showings of HISTA before it closed for the time being. I then read in some discussions that HISTA might be closing before our trip. Is there any word when HISTA will be closed for good? Will Disney announce it a few weeks in advance or will it just close with a few days notice or no notice at all? If anyone has any info I'd love to know. Thanks!

PS: Anyone know how long Disney intends to keep Sounds Dangerous open at the studios?

Kermit T. Frog

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I read the threads that said it was closing the 10th too. I was just surprised that Disney never made an official announcement. You would think that they would do so more then a day in advance. Look at what they are doing for star tours!! However, I do really appreciate the info, I guess I am just holding on to the fact that it may be open when we are there for my girlfriend. KJ1081 if you could give an update when you get down there it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Neverland

I was just surprised that Disney never made an official announcement. You would think that they would do so more then a day in advance. Look at what they are doing for star tours!!

Star Wars has a huuuuuuge fanbase, and Star Tours is much more popular than HISTA, which is a ghost town more often than not. :shrug:

Alektronic

Thanks everyone! I read the threads that said it was closing the 10th too. I was just surprised that Disney never made an official announcement. You would think that they would do so more then a day in advance. Look at what they are doing for star tours!! However, I do really appreciate the info, I guess I am just holding on to the fact that it may be open when we are there for my girlfriend. KJ1081 if you could give an update when you get down there it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I guess it is official now. Only one day notice, I guess TDO doesn't really care or it didn't get a big sendoff because they know it is coming back.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I guess it is official now. Only one day notice, I guess TDO doesn't really care or it didn't get a big sendoff because they know it is coming back.
Do they KNOW it's coming back? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just closed EO after a while and didn't reinstall HISTA.. I don't dislike the attraction, but that preshow is the worst thing on Disney property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom