Off With Their Heads!!

The_CEO

Originally posted by Enderikari
Worst yet, all it takes is one child to read this, and have their fantasy deminished, to cheapen this whole forum.

How many actual young kids do you think type in http://forums.wdwmagic.com and communicate online with others?

None who aren't old enough to know the truth.. So I'm not worried.

tigger248

I want to take a second to apologize for my earlier post. I read what had already been said and added my personal experience. I didn't think about how inappropriate it was to talk about characters who are not fully dressed. I'm sorry if I helped kill any magic for anyone, that definitely was not my intentions. Now that it's been said I can't take it back but if I could I would just so I couldn't be a part of the magic being ruined. Enderikari, I totally agree with you.

BwanaBob

Originally posted by tigger248
Now that it's been said I can't take it back but if I could I would just so I couldn't be a part of the magic being ruined. Enderikari, I totally agree with you.

'Actually'.........you can! :D

(go to your orig post, then hit 'edit', then erase till your hearts content!)

tigger248

Originally posted by BwanaBob
'Actually'.........you can! :D

(go to your orig post, then hit 'edit', then erase till your hearts content!)

Thanks! I should've figured that one out. Sometimes I think the non-existant blonde cobwebs are a little too deep. :lol:

Woody13

Worst yet, all it takes is one child to read this, and have their fantasy deminished, to cheapen this whole forum.

I agree. The next thing you know, someone may publicly criticize Mike Eisner on this forum! We must protect the children.:wave:

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Woody13
I agree. The next thing you know, someone may publicly criticize Mike Eisner on this forum! We must protect the children.:wave:

:lol:

This may be the first time I've ever agreed with a post of yours wholeheartedly.

What are we coming to? :lookaroun

:lol:

Enderikari

Originally posted by Woody13

but, isn't there a critical difference between Michael Eisner, and a crucial tenet of what makes Disney World magical.

Criticizing Michael Eisner is something that sparks lively debate about the current situation in WDW and the direction in which it is heading. In no way does that jeopardize the "Magic" of Disney. Its simply a debate over the business of the park.

And even though Disney is a company, and therefore must make money, I don't think I am alone in thinking there is something else that makes Disney special. Its rich heritage, and the feelings it engenders are, to a point, sacred.
The characters are something that heads this up, and its something, that... in my opinion, should be protected...
:wave:

speck76

The characters are something that heads this up,

Isn't that what this is all about :D

Sorry...I had too.

Anyway, my nickel: this is aa general discussion forum. Some topics brought up in the forum lead to actual discussion...different viewpoints...whatever else.

This really is not one of those topics....nor is any "have you ever" type topic

Woody13

This thread obviously needs to have a PG-13 rating! However, since young children seem to have the abiltity to view the entire forum, then perhaps this rating system needs to be established for the entire forum.

P.S. And children who breathe secondhand smoke will not be allowed!:eek:

drew81

I first thought that this thread was about the Queen of Hearts. Being that there are kids on these boards, we do need to be careful what we put on here. I'm very surprised that you did see Goofy's friend back there at the door. That shouldn't have happened. That is a big NO-NO.

I'm 23 and I do believe Disney characters are real. They might need some help, but they are real. It depends on your attitude. I have heard adults say " that costume is nice" or "is there a boy a girl inside". I usually say something to them about the characaters being real. Kids don't need to have their innocence taken away from them. If they ask or choose to believe something different, thats up to them. We need to use tact when dealing with this. I think it's a matter of being considerate to what others think and how they feel about the characters. If you do go backstage what would you expect. That is backstage.

I have quite a few friends that work at Disney. Even though they might be friends with the characters, the characters are still real to me. I will always stand up for the characters.

JesusJuice

Account Suspended
but, isn't there a critical difference between Michael Eisner, and a crucial tenet of what makes Disney World magical.

Criticizing Michael Eisner is something that sparks lively debate about the current situation in WDW and the direction in which it is heading. In no way does that jeopardize the "Magic" of Disney. Its simply a debate over the business of the park.

And even though Disney is a company, and therefore must make money, I don't think I am alone in thinking there is something else that makes Disney special. Its rich heritage, and the feelings it engenders are, to a point, sacred.
The characters are something that heads this up, and its something, that... in my opinion, should be protected...
:wave:
I'm sorry I'm too uninteligent to understand all the big words you are using in your posts...:hammer:

Pixie Duster

I feel bad for Steve for the bandwidth this thread is taking...

My problem with it is there is no point to this discussion. What good, truly meaningful, enjoyable purpose is there to discussion the off the clock behavior of the freinds of the characters. How is that further promoting the support of WDW? How is that showing our love for WDW? How is that informing others about WDW?

lamarvenoy

ROB, YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

Some people are just extremely opinionated and don't see your point. I appreciate your humor and comments , but it seems some others don't (mostly nubees). To those people I say: STOP IT. If you disagree that's fine but don't whine.

DopeyJas2004

I apologize

I am sorry if anyone was offended by my story that was not my intention and I am going to edit it right now and just one point i wanted to make i didnt go back stage on purpose I had gone where the bathrooms used to be because I thought they were still there and that where i happened upon my startling discovery I was actually upset when I realized I had gone to the wrong place and quite embarassed :hammer:

Pixie Duster

I was not offended by these stories. I was more offended that other people could not understand the sensitivity of the subject. Maybe it is because of my training for my job, but I just feel that some know who the characters are, others have a more "magical" viewpoint. Whether young or old they do have a right to continue to believe in that magic. If people want to continue discussing the characters in this way, I can't stop you, free speech and all. I will just ignore the thread as I should have done in the first place. Sorry for the disruption.

speck76

Pixie....do you change your avatar daily now?

Anyway, I was on the monorail a few weeks ago and I was talking to a few hotties as we were stopped for about 10 minutes around the Contemporary. One was saying how she had played a charactor before and blah blah blah....

I said (as there were kids in our car) maybe you should keep your voice down a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom