Off to Disney!

makonyy15

Original Poster
Well I'm sitting in the airport with my family getting ready for a 9AM JetBlue departure from Syracuse to Orlando :sohappy: So excited to go, we're staying at the Boardwalk Villas as DVC Members, eating dinner tonight at Bistro de Paris, and then off to MVMCP! :xmas: I can't wait to get on the plane and spend Christmas in the world!

Happy Holidays!:xmas:

CelticRose

Have a great trip! HMMMM Christmas in NY or Christmas at WDW.....HMMMM not a hard choice, have a great time, make sure you send us a trip report. I have to live vicariously thru your trip until I can get there in 140 days:sohappy:

Merry Christmas!!!

Cinderella1976

We just got back from Disney on the 9th and attended MVMCP on the 4th and had soooo much fun - the fireworks are amazing!! I hope you have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read your report. :wave:

Happy Holidays :xmas:

PigletIsMyCat

I'll keep an eye on NY for you. I'm flying from Orlando to JFK on Saturday to spend the holidays with my family. I mean my biological family :animwink:

Very good choice with JetBlue. That's what we're flying. Now if they'd only start flying out of Islip MacArthur.

makonyy15

Original Poster
Wow! That's all I can say so far for so many things! First off, my JetBlue flight today was THE best flight I've ever taken, in so many ways, and I HIGHLY recommend them:D

After we landed, we checked into the Boardwalk Villas, and we've got a beautiful 2 Bedroom Villa facing the Tower of Terror and Swan and Dolphin. We headed right off to MK for a 2 hour excursion before dinner and MVMCP. All the decorations are great, and the castle looks amazing with the new paint job. Pirates was wonderful, and they were playing music from the movies on certain intervals in the first part of the queue, before the line splits. We head over to HM which had a 10 minute wait, and then we headed back to the Boardwalk to get ready for dinner.

We returned to our room to find the tree we ordered from Disney Florist, and it looks amazing, my sister and dad we very surprised. The crowds were decent, nothing too crazy for 2PM in the afternoon during a holiday period. I'll most likely be posting pictures after the entire trip, but I'll keep everyone posted throughout the trip!

Merry Christmas!

makonyy15

Original Poster
Well the first day is done and it was amazing! MVMCP was absolutely spectacular, including Holiday Wishes and the Christmas Parade. The entire Christmas theme was carried throughout, and it's simply amazing. Everything and everyone is so magical, and I know this will definitely be a trip to remember.

When it came to wait times during MVMCP, the mountains were walk on after 10pm, which was wonderful. The Country Bears were riding the Magic Carpets around 11 with many guests, but besides that Adventureland was empty. The hot chocolate provided was some of the best I've ever had too! We're off to the Studios tomorrow and I've got plenty of pictures I'm sure I'll get on here sometime.

Until next time!:wave:

smk

Thanks for the updates! Everyone reading them is hanging on every word....we are all wishing we were there too. Enjoy and make memories:xmas:

makonyy15

Original Poster
New Update!

Back for more!

Well I must say, the magical moments continue! Everything around here is still so special, even though I was just in the World for Easter. It's one of those things where just walking anywhere, whether it be a resort lobby, or a theme park, the magic is everywhere around you, and all you can do is smile. I'm 18 years old and in college for Mechanical Engineering trying to become an Imagineer, and the magic I see created everyday here only pushes me even more to do anything to succeed with that goal.

We went to the Studios today, and almost everywhere it's still referred to as the MGM Studios, even more so than before. I remember at Easter they weren't pushing the MGM part too much, but now they definitely are. We got to the park around 10:30am, and ToT was 10 minutes, although marked as 40, and RnRC was similar. We rode ToT 4 times, only once with a fastpass. It wasn't until late afternoon that lines started to build. RnRC was longer all day, so we just used FastPasses for that.

The only complaint I have from today is our first ride of ToT. We were with a bunch of teenage girls, as well as an entire extended family (Parties were unrelated) and the girls were screaming obnoxiously during the 5th dimension scene, and talking and not following the Bellhops directions when we were boarding the elevator. The grandmother of the other family decided to take flash pictures throughout the ride up until the drop sequence, even after being told not too. I love taking pictures as does my dad, but rules need to be respected, and it frusterates the both of us when this is broken. I was practically blinded and deaf in the 5th dimension scene before even getting to the drop shaft :brick:. I must say however that today we had some of the best drop sequences ever!

For the rest of MGM, all is well, and it was decently crowded. There were construction walls up around the old millionaire site, as I'm sure was reported, and the street performers were in full force today and wonderful! Our vehicle in the GMR had a faulty microphone, and the smoke for the wicked witch wasn't fully working causing her to drop into the floor while still fully visible, but still an amazing ride! Before arriving to WDW my mom tried to surprise me with lunch with an imagineer, but the 2 weeks around Christmas are one of the only times you can't do it.

Now for dinner. My entire family went to Victoria & Albert's as a sort of pre-Christmas special dinner, and I must say it was wonderful! The GF was absolutely packed, but everyone was so cheerful and awesome that it was no trouble at all. The dinner was 6 courses, and everything was delicious, so I HIGHLY recommend it if you have the time. I believe it's $115 per person for a customized menu that you take home at the end of your meal, and the ladies in your party leave with roses at the end of dinner. Also, we asked our waitress and the menu won't go more than 2-3 days before being changed, which is interesting but good. The Christmas Tree and Gingerbread House are stunning, so pictures there were a must.

We're off to Epcot tomorrow, and California Grill for dinner. We're taking plenty of pictures, and like I said, I'll get them to you eventually!:wave:

All in all, Walt Disney World still brings out the magic in my entire family, after roughly 20 vacations here. My parents say even today I still smile like I did the first time I saw Cinderella Castle. For anyone in doubt, the magic is alive and well, and the Disney experience continues to be one of the greatest things in the world.

More updates to come!:wave: :xmas:

maggiegrace1

Sounds AMAZING!!..
I cannot wait to go..I feel the same way you do every single time I go.
Thanks for sharing..It is fun to read..:)

Have fun tommorow..looking forward to hearing about it..:)

makonyy15

Original Poster
Another Update!

Hey Everyone!

It was another fun and exciting day down at the World, and today was spent at Epcot. We arrived a little after the park opened, and things were pretty empty. Test Track and Mission:Space were walk ons at 10AM, so we did both, although TT was randomly coming to a stop throughout the ride, it was very unexpected and at some points it was an instant abrupt stop, which startled some people. MS was handing out ride tickets as you entered the queue for Orange and Green, both were walk on early. Soarin' was pretty packed, but we had little wait thanks to fastpasses. Every ride is still earning a thunderous applause from the guests, something that reminds me of that first ride I took over 18 months ago during a guest preview session.

Spaceship Earth had small waits throughout the day, so that was a nice escape from the Florida sun. We didn't get a chance to check out WS or the Wonders of Life because we were just dead tired for some reason, so we're going to explore those later. Nemo and Friends was amazing, the attention to detail for the ride and queue is simply stunning. Epcot continues to put so much fun into education it baffles me, but in a good way. I loved Living with the Land with the new automated spiel, it just seemed more exciting than with a guide.

Yet another flash photography incident though! :brick: In SSE the vehicle ahead of us had a gentleman taking pictures in every scene including the top of the globe, illuminating it at random intervals, ruining the ride for everyone around us after it was clearly stated multiple times no flash photography. I'm sorry but you're not the only person on a ride, the comfort of other guests needs to be remembered because it's their vacations too! Mulitple indiviudals did this in the sections of Living with the Land before the greenhouses, after also being told at the beginning of the ride not to.

We came back and napped in the hotel before dinner at the California Grill, and boy was it a welcomed nap! We drove to the Contemporary, and they've got most of the parking lot closed off for the renovation, with chain link face up covered in green cloth/tarp. Our dinner was fantastic, yet noisy and loud because of a large number of youngsters running throughout the restaurant. It's Christmas at Disney though so that's expected, and it was no problem at all. They've now got signs in the 2nd floor check in desk area for CG that the attire is business casual, something I didn't see before, although that dress code was assumed for quite a while.

After dinner we headed over to Epcot for Illuminations, and we were able to grab a great spot on the bridge between France and the International Gateway, so the view was great. The special holiday ending was amazing too!

I've got pictures uploaded to my computer from the first couple days, so I'll try to get them on here eventually, hopefully tomorrow. For Christmas Eve Day we're heading to the Animal Kingdom, so maybe we'll get to see Finding Nemo the Musical.

Until Then, Happy Holidays!:wave:

makonyy15

Original Poster
Pictures!

Hey Everyone! Here are some pictures from earlier in our vacation! I'll post an update later. Enjoy!:wave:

n16603623_30289891_1661.jpg

n16603623_30289883_9396.jpg

n16603623_30289906_6319.jpg

n16603623_30289912_8129.jpg

n16603623_30289870_5572.jpg

An update and more pictures will come later. Happy Holidays!:xmas: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom