Off the map at Epcot

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

What is your favorite, off the map (or on the map), thing to do at Epcot?

For example, do you grab a cup of tea or espresso and have a favorite place to sit?

Would love to hear all your ideas!

bethymouse

We grab Grand Magneis (spelling) slushies in France and sit and sip!:) Also sometimes grab a crepe at the kiosk. We watch the boats come in from Beach Club area, etc( smoking section there). Sitting in the shade eating a Mickey Ice Cream Bar!:D Watching the dolphin swim around and around at Living Seas w/ Nemo.:) Eating at Sunshine Seasons in The Land- a must do for us!:D Playing w/ the dancing waters. Just basically walking around WS and enjoying the atmosphere/street performers.:)

Upvote 0

ImagineerDude

We liked Suurey bike rentals at the Boardwalk near EPCOT. One of the most enjoyable and interesting FREE things (after park admission) is trying Coke flavors from around the world :)

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Plowboy

We grab an order of fish & chips and a couple of drinks from Rose & Crown and head over to the little "town square" where the "British Invasion" (yeah, I know...) plays and sit in the quiet for a little bit.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We grab an order of fish & chips and a couple of drinks from Rose & Crown and head over to the little "town square" where the "British Invasion" (yeah, I know...) plays and sit in the quiet for a little bit.

Nice! :) Do they still play?

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have to second the Gran Marnier Slushie:
That and the Grey Goose Slushie are good way to cool down and take the edge off after a "tough day" at the parks ;)
I'll stick with the cool treats theme:
and second a nice round of Coke products at Club Cool!
and add one of my own ;) :
Shave Iced at the cart in Japan.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Innoventions West...It's always nice and quiet where I can sit for a while and listen to my favorite loop.
DSC03688.jpg

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have to second the Gran Marnier Slushie:
That and the Grey Goose Slushie are good way to cool down and take the edge off after a "tough day" at the parks ;)
I'll stick with the cool treats theme:
and second a nice round of Coke products at Club Cool!
and add one of my own ;) :
Shave Iced at the cart in Japan.

Ohhh! Is the shaved ice a Japanese thing or like an american slushie? I am still in need of something to eat and drink from japan for our drinking and eating around the world.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Ha! Okay :) Sounds good! Is it a japan thing?
Yes indeed, however I don't know how traditional the form they have at Epcot is...However I do know how good it is..;)
Kakigōri (かき氷?) is a Japanese shaved ice dessert flavored with syrup and condensed milk.[1]
Popular flavors include strawberry, cherry, lemon, green tea, grape, melon, "Blue Hawaii," sweet plum, and colorless syrup. Some shops provide colorful varieties by using two or more different syrups. To sweeten kakigōri, condensed milk is often poured on top of it. It is not like a snow cone: It has a much smoother fluffier ice consistency, much like fresh fallen snow, and a spoon is almost always used to eat it. The traditional way of making kakigōri uses a hand cranked machine to spin a block of ice over an ice shaving blade. Even though electric ice shavers are most often used, street vendors can still be seen hand-shaving ice blocks in the summer.
In addition to the streets, kakigōri is sold in festivals, convenience stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. During the hot summer months, kakigōri is sold virtually everywhere in Japan. Some shops serve it with ice cream and sweetened red beans and/or tapioca pearls. Often condensed milk is used to cap it

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yes indeed, however I don't know how traditional the form they have at Epcot is...However I do know how good it is..;)
Kakigōri (かき氷?) is a Japanese shaved ice dessert flavored with syrup and condensed milk.[1]
Popular flavors include strawberry, cherry, lemon, green tea, grape, melon, "Blue Hawaii," sweet plum, and colorless syrup. Some shops provide colorful varieties by using two or more different syrups. To sweeten kakigōri, condensed milk is often poured on top of it. It is not like a snow cone: It has a much smoother fluffier ice consistency, much like fresh fallen snow, and a spoon is almost always used to eat it. The traditional way of making kakigōri uses a hand cranked machine to spin a block of ice over an ice shaving blade. Even though electric ice shavers are most often used, street vendors can still be seen hand-shaving ice blocks in the summer.
In addition to the streets, kakigōri is sold in festivals, convenience stores, coffee shops, and restaurants. During the hot summer months, kakigōri is sold virtually everywhere in Japan. Some shops serve it with ice cream and sweetened red beans and/or tapioca pearls. Often condensed milk is used to cap it

Perfect! I will take Japanese ish! Now...to figure out the food! :) hee hee Seriously! This is great! I have a big question mark over Japan about our eating and drinking around the world! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom