Off property question-Sea World

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
We are going to The World in January, we will be staying for 9 days & have a lot of things planned at Disney. We are thinking about going off property though one day to Sea World. We have never been to Sea World Orlando before, is it worth it to put in the extra cost & time to go over for the day? Just looking for some others who have been there before to give us some insight. Also can you get discounted tickets anywhere?

Thanks everyone! :wave:

masonp

To be fair Sea World is a great day out with lots of good shows to be seen along with the rides that are there. You shouldn't miss the Shamu show but again you need to get there early as it can fill up quite fast and if you don't want to get wet don't sit in the first 14 rows ( i think ).

majorrfb

Seaworld Visit

We are going to The World in January, we will be staying for 9 days & have a lot of things planned at Disney. We are thinking about going off property though one day to Sea World. We have never been to Sea World Orlando before, is it worth it to put in the extra cost & time to go over for the day? Just looking for some others who have been there before to give us some insight. Also can you get discounted tickets anywhere?

Thanks everyone! :wave:

By all means, go to SeaWorld. It's a fantastic venue, with lots of things to do and see. If you love animals, this place will warm your heart. Remember this about your 1 DAY ticket. You can turn it in (just around the corner from the ticket takers) and get another 1 day ticket for free-every member of your party. The only cost is paying for parking the free day. My family and I ALWAYS go for 1 day/1 free day option when planning our Disney vacations. See the animal shows esp. Shamu, and the Seal and Otter show.:sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

SeaWorld is an absolutely brilliant place to visit. We go at least twice every time we visit Orlando.

Its educational, it has rides (for adults and kids - but not many) and most of the shows are in seated arenas.

If you've never been then take one day away from WDW and go see what you've been missing all this time !!!

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
Remember this about your 1 DAY ticket. You can turn it in (just around the corner from the ticket takers) and get another 1 day ticket for free-every member of your party. The only cost is paying for parking the free day. My family and I ALWAYS go for 1 day/1 free day option when planning our Disney vacations.

Can you explain this a little more to me in detail...are you saying if we purchase a one day ticket for one member of our party we can turn that in and get free tickets for the other 2 members of our party for the day? That sounds too good to be true...lol. :p

Thanks! :wave:

crazydaveh

This comes straight from Shamu's website:

Florida’s best entertainment value is back! Pay for a day, and come back all year to enjoy all the sights and splashes of SeaWorld Orlando with a 2008 SeaWorld Fun Card. Enjoy unlimited general admission through December 31, 2008 for only $69.95 for adults and $59.95 for children ages 3-9. How much fun can you have for the price of one day? Find out! Add Busch Gardens or Adventure Island to your SeaWorld Fun Card and double your fun.

Price is per person, plus tax and subject to change without notice. Fun Cards expire 12/31/08 and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Offer not valid with other discounts or special offers. Fun Cards do not include admission to select special events, parking or discounts on food or merchandise. Other restrictions may apply.

Hope it helps!

Figment1986

I thught the funcard was for only FLA residenta right now...

You could try orlando fun tickets... I've used them before for some stuff.
http://orlandofuntickets.com/ and they can deliver the SeaWorld tickets to your Disney hotel room too.

if you go, Blue Horizons is a must!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Can you explain this a little more to me in detail...are you saying if we purchase a one day ticket for one member of our party we can turn that in and get free tickets for the other 2 members of our party for the day? That sounds too good to be true...lol. :p

No - You buy your park admission for your party. Enter the park and enjoy the day at SeaWorld. Then BEFORE you exit the gates you turn in your tickets and get admission for a second day FREE

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
No - You buy your park admission for your party. Enter the park and enjoy the day at SeaWorld. Then BEFORE you exit the gates you turn in your tickets and get admission for a second day FREE

Thank you...I thought that was too good to be true...lol...:p We would only go once so I will need to investigate if any discounted tickets are offered through AAA..etc out there. I would really hate to pay full price, I think that is a lot of money to go to Sea World honestly. Living in Ohio, we used to have a Sea World in Aurora & it never cost that much. The only thing Ohio didn't have was a couple of coasters at our Sea World. I don't know maybe Sea World Orlando is a whole other ball game vs what we had? :)

crazydaveh

Living in Ohio, we used to have a Sea World in Aurora & it never cost that much. The only thing Ohio didn't have was a couple of coasters at our Sea World. I don't know maybe Sea World Orlando is a whole other ball game vs what we had? :)

Yes, SW Orlando is the flagship of the three remaining parks. Anheuser Busch pumps money into their parks and keeps them in great shape. Remember, Anheuser didn't build the Ohio park, they sold it to Six Flags, whereas here in Orlando, they invested in the park once purchased and built it into a great place to go.

When I first moved to Florida seven year ago, we went to SeaWorld one day thinking we'd be done by noon and at Universal having real fun. We stayed at SW from open till close and honestly had a blast!

My wife isn't a fan of the parks at all, but she will go to SeaWorld because you're not always in a line, but sitting for a show to begin, it's relaxed and there's free beer!

SeaWorld is a lot of fun. I hope you go and enjoy it!

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
Yes, SW Orlando is the flagship of the three remaining parks. Anheuser Busch pumps money into their parks and keeps them in great shape. Remember, Anheuser didn't build the Ohio park, they sold it to Six Flags, whereas here in Orlando, they invested in the park once purchased and built it into a great place to go.

When I first moved to Florida seven year ago, we went to SeaWorld one day thinking we'd be done by noon and at Universal having real fun. We stayed at SW from open till close and honestly had a blast!

My wife isn't a fan of the parks at all, but she will go to SeaWorld because you're not always in a line, but sitting for a show to begin, it's relaxed and there's free beer!

Thanks for all of the info, I hope to go as well because I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it & I always loved going to our Sea World when it was here. I miss it!! :(

PotteryGal

Thank you...I thought that was too good to be true...lol...:p We would only go once so I will need to investigate if any discounted tickets are offered through AAA..etc out there. I would really hate to pay full price, I think that is a lot of money to go to Sea World honestly. Living in Ohio, we used to have a Sea World in Aurora & it never cost that much. The only thing Ohio didn't have was a couple of coasters at our Sea World. I don't know maybe Sea World Orlando is a whole other ball game vs what we had? :)

I miss having Sea World up here. :( We hope to visit Sea World Orlando the next time we're in FL, but that won't be for about 2 1/2 years or so.

MouseearsDeb

The 2008 Entertainment Book has a discount coupon in it to save $25 off a family four-pack of full priced, single day admissions purchased online. I have emailed customer service to find out if you get the free 2nd day as well. If not, it really wouldn't be a better deal. It's been 4 years since we have been and ds7 doesn't really remember much about it. I want to see the Clydesdales (sp?) again. Once we were there when a baby had recently been born. It was too cute.

AKLodger

Whoa...whoa...

Did you sat FREE beer????

We were planning a trip to SW this December, but I was rather iffy about it. My girlfriend is all for it though so I thought...Meh..might as well!

...but this talk of free beer has intruiged to the point of where I am actually excited to go.

Do tell us more! :D

BikerJim

Free Beer

I live in Orlando and have Annual Passes to WDW and Seawrold. The Free Beer is limited at the Hospitality House in the back next to the Clydsdales.
There is a good chance that if you pace yourself you can get more than the 2 from the front bar and 1 from the side bar (when open). Also they have the Brewmasters Club which is beer tasting, like wine tasting. It is well worth thw 20-30 minutes for the presentation. It is also in the HH.

Now we are waiting to see what the sale of A-B to Inbev will do to the Free Beer.

BikerJim

crazydaveh

Whoa...whoa...

Did you sat FREE beer????

We were planning a trip to SW this December, but I was rather iffy about it. My girlfriend is all for it though so I thought...Meh..might as well!

...but this talk of free beer has intruiged to the point of where I am actually excited to go.

Do tell us more! :D

Well, it's free as long as AB owns the parks, and that might not be the case come December! So don't start getting excited to drink lackluster AB beer.

Like the pro Biker Jim stated, it's only in the hospital house, but it's free!

Your girl will like the park for the animals, you'll like it if it still has free beer. Give it a shot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom