Off Kilter Help

Dwarful

OK, on Saturday we check in at Yacht Club for a week long stay. We are fans of Off Kilter, but the last two visits we always managed to catch them w/o the pipes. I LOVE the pipes. So I called today to see if they had a schedule so I knew when to plan, but the CM said they had no way of knowing. We will be able to stop by Epcot easily, but I was looking for a schedule...does anyone know if one exsists that lists which members play which days/times???? Thanks

Rob562

Steve Soares' site is the best source for live entertainment at WDW:
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

It's updated weekly. And while it only shows the current week, you can get a feel for the general showtimes.

As for which band members are present for a given performance, that truly is on a day-by-day basis, sometimes a show-by-show basis.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks for the link. That will help me plan around ADR's. My plan is to catch at least a few shows so hopefully I'll get a good mix of band members each time. Haven't packed a thing yet...but I'm ready to be there already!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi there, I just got back from my trip and I saw the guys 3 times. Sunday only Randy, the guitarist was out, but I am friendly with the sub who was there, so that was fine. I saw them again Monday and Tuesday and both days Jamie, The piper was off. I'd check again today and tomorrow as if I am remembering right the last time they had a schedule like that, Wednesday & Thursday were the best days to catch the original five members. As they are on a seven day a week schedule they have to rotate in all of the band members to allow for days off. Hope this helps!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
It definately helps! Thanks so much. Since we are at Yacht Club I plan to go over and catch them more than once, but I will make it a point to go on Weds or Thurs. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Hi there, I just got back from my trip and I saw the guys 3 times. Sunday only Randy, the guitarist was out, but I am friendly with the sub who was there, so that was fine. I saw them again Monday and Tuesday and both days Jamie, The piper was off. I'd check again today and tomorrow as if I am remembering right the last time they had a schedule like that, Wednesday & Thursday were the best days to catch the original five members. As they are on a seven day a week schedule they have to rotate in all of the band members to allow for days off. Hope this helps!!! Marie

I remember getting my concert and Off Kilter education live from you Marie...haha.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

LOL LOL Glad you all enjoyed. My latest student was a very nice young lady named Bri. She was very happy to have her own private tutor!!!! Not to mention the picture of her with one of the guys after the show!!! Thanks again to Jordan!!!

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Wow, I cannot even imagine Off Kilter sans pipes.

I seem to keep catching the same set, wish I could hear some fresh tunes. "Fields of Athenry" getting a bit tired, and that's saying something, since I'm Irish!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there Tiggerish, Id tell you to catch sets later in the day. It seems to me that the sets earleir in the day are more traditional, as it gets later they tend to rock it out a bit more. This isnt always true, depending on the lineup for the day and who knows what songs, but in general this is the way it goes. Marie
P.S. I prefer Mark singing lead on Fields of Athenry, I like Jamie on Queen of Old Argyle

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Mark doesn't have to sing. He could just stand there and let me look at him, it's okay. :slurp: :D

I love to see the little ones dancing to the traditional stuff, almost as if they can't help it, they are drawn to their feet to hop around and "riverdance". What a kick!

Thanks for the advice, I will make sure I check out the later shows. Heck, I'll catch as many as I can! Y'know, for a well-rounded experience. ;)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Absolutely, have to mix it up ya'know!!!! There have been days when we have done all 5 shows, although with the addition of Mulch, Sweat & Shears at the Studios it is always a tough call. I try to split my time as best I can though, and with the Nightastic thing going on, MS &S tends to play later on with the addition of the pyro for the shows so it isnt so bad!!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
well, I have a photo of our girls and our niece with the group taken about 8 years ago...the girls want to see if they can redo the photo this year and get the guys to sign the picture..so we will see how that goes. Saturday can't get here soon enough!!!!!

Upvote 0

SnowFire

I am currently at the world. Saw Off Kilter on Monday without Jamie or Randy. (They put on a great show regardless.) Word from the band was that Jamie was scheduled to be back on Wednesday.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks...my husband said I can go see them as often as I want...until I start to look like some crazed stalker or something.
btw: we've never seen a bad show, its just the last few trips we always missed Jamie and I LOVE BAGPIPES...that was the one thing I insisted on at our wedding.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom