Odyssey Restaurant

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Why was the Odyssey Restaurant closed down to begin with? And, what do they use it for? Do they have any plans to maybe re-opening Odyssey?

mburk

Is that the round shaped building on the walkway as you head into World Showcase? I always wondered about that myself, as I have never seen it open - didn't even know it used to be a restaurant. Seems like prime real estate to me and a shame to sit there empty.

Dizknee_Phreek

anyone have a pic of the inside? i remember it being open to the public when i was a kid (as i remember it being closed) but i never got to go in it. also, for those of you who have been in there recently...what does it look like? does it look the same as it did when it was a public restaurant? does it look outdated? or have they remodeled it since it's closing? :confused:

wdwjmp239

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
anyone have a pic of the inside? i remember it being open to the public when i was a kid (as i remember it being closed) but i never got to go in it. also, for those of you who have been in there recently...what does it look like? does it look the same as it did when it was a public restaurant? does it look outdated? or have they remodeled it since it's closing? :confused:

My brother walked in there one afternoon (he was there to use the restrooms) and curiosity got the best of him. So, he walked up to where they put up the screens to block the way to get into the Odyssey. He said there's nothing in there. No tables. Nothing. He did hear people in there though -- sounded like a kitchen of some sort. But, there was no smell of food or anything to that nature in there. He wasn't able to take any pictures inside, but what he did see was a security guard/castmember come out of nowhere asking him to leave. Maybe next time, he'll be smart enough to bring a camera. :p

Mr.Nutz

Is that the place that's kind of brown and 70s-looking inside? And is there a stage where they did a show with characters while you ate? Or am I thinking of something different?

If it's what I'm thinking, I might have eaten there many years ago...

TravisMT81

Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
Is that the place that's kind of brown and 70s-looking inside? And is there a stage where they did a show with characters while you ate? Or am I thinking of something different?

If it's what I'm thinking, I might have eaten there many years ago...

Yup! :)

kaos

It closed in the early 90's. There is a new sign, althoug I forgot to take a picture of it, that says it is now the Oddessy Special Events Center. It was really neat and kewl inside. There is a stage, and it used to be a character fast food resteraunt. I have pics of me with Chip, Dale, Pluto and Mickey, and my grandparents as well.

It was burgers and chicken sandwhiches. It basically closed because there are a ton or resteraunts in that area. There is a huge CM area in the rear of that building.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by kaos
It closed in the early 90's. There is a new sign, althoug I forgot to take a picture of it, that says it is now the Oddessy Special Events Center. It was really neat and kewl inside. There is a stage, and it used to be a character fast food resteraunt. I have pics of me with Chip, Dale, Pluto and Mickey, and my grandparents as well.

It was burgers and chicken sandwhiches. It basically closed because there are a ton or resteraunts in that area. There is a huge CM area in the rear of that building.

well...there were a ton of restaurants in that area....now there's, what? 3 in all of future world? course, you do have mexico close by so, that was probably added as a factor for it's closing. i think they should completely remodel it, and make it look really hi tech and reopen it as a sit-down style restaurant! FW doesn't have one of those, and i think they should! though i'm not sure how popular it would be since WS has so many sit-down restaurants :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom