Odd rumored Animal Kingdom expansion pad

ppete1975

Still there, but I think a lot of people miss the storyline. Even when it plays on a loop in the queue. Maybe not the whole storyline plays in that film, but pretty much all of it gets shared I believe.

Would also be interesting to know how phones have impacted the delivery of a storyline in rides, as people often miss the entire queue and audio/visual presentations.
every time I've rode ive basically walked on and didn't even see a queue, it was walk through stanchions get on raft. I knew what the story was supposed to be but compared to what Disney story telling and standards are it was rather boring and was just about it being a raft ride. Where most disney attractions are about the story and visuals, not so much how you get there.

DisneyFanatic12

Fire effects are gone.
My apologies, I guess I might not understand what the “fire” effects were then. When I last rode it around May (didn’t ride it in the summer since it’s not worth the wait at all), I remember the smoke machines and the logs lighting up. I honestly don’t remember the fire effects being any different than that, so did they break over the summer, or was there a more impressive fire effect in the past?

TrainsOfDisney

I honestly don’t remember the fire effects being any different than that, so did they break over the summer, or was there a more impressive fire effect in the past?
There used to be real fire. I really miss the themes parks of the 90’s with so many physical effects. I’m a sucker for fire and explosions, and smoke. It’s not the same when it’s on a screen.

Didn’t muppet vision have real pyro at one point?

DisneyFanatic12

There used to be real fire. I really miss the themes parks of the 90’s with so many physical effects. I’m a sucker for fire and explosions, and smoke. It’s not the same when it’s on a screen.

Didn’t muppet vision have real pyro at one point?
Oh wow, watched a 2010 video and there once was! Anyone know when this effect got taken away?

From videos on YouTube, I don’t see this effect after 2010ish? Although the truck in the mud moved (swayed back and forth) for a couple years longer it seems. If it was pre-2011 I would have never ridden it with those effects, which is sad.

Last edited:

VicariousCorpse

Oh wow, watched a 2010 video and there once was! Anyone know when this effect got taken away?

From videos on YouTube, I don’t see this effect after 2010ish? Although the truck in the mud moved (swayed back and forth) for a couple years longer it seems. If it was pre-2011 I would have never ridden it with those effects, which is sad.
I believe it was 2004 when they added the cast member position at the top of the drop to monitor guests. That's when the pyro effects were turned off.

VicariousCorpse

Still running in 2007. Here’s my little video
Weird, you can also see a little bit of flame on the left side here in Sept. 2010 at around 2:43. Nothing compared to the flame effects in your video. Kali has a lot of conflicting information online regarding its effects. Maybe they turned off some and lowered others until finally turning off all pyro.

cjkeating

Weird, you can also see a little bit of flame on the left side here in Sept. 2010 at around 2:43. Nothing compared to the flame effects in your video. Kali has a lot of conflicting information online regarding its effects. Maybe they turned off some and lowered others until finally turning off all pyro.

I don't see the CM lookout in that video (unless they are in a different place to where they currently are) so that still links up to the theory I have often heard that the flames were turned off due to the CM position being added.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom