Odd Halloween Thought...

DYoung

For anyone planning to be there at the parks on the 31st, could you wear a costume during the day? :lookaroun

Especially if you aren't going that night to a certain Halloween Party but still would like to celebrate the Halloween spirit? :lookaroun

(Just a random thought...)

DON'T!!! Just tonight, 10/23/09, I was kicked out along with 2 of my friends because our Star Wars costumes were too authentic. We've been doing Not So Scary for 5 years, and tonight was the last night we will be doing Not So Scary. Tye, the Park Manager, needs to be re-trained on how to treat customers or he needs to be demoted to a different position. Put it this way- Because of his horrible customer service, I do not plan on spending any more money with Walt Disney World Entertainment! ZERO! I'm writing a letter to the Corporate office tomorrow and demand that I receive some return correspondence, to tonight's event.... Too long of a story to post here. Just know that 1. You can't wear a costume into the park during daylight hours, and 2 if your costume hides too much of your vision or you look too close to any of the characters, you'll be asked to take your mask/helmet or whatever off, and carry it around. :mad: Not worth the 67.00 to have some 25 year old idiot ,in a blue vest and gold badge, tell you that you can only wear half of your costume.

heartodisney

One time we were there at MK on 31st in 06...many people were dressed up during the day...we did not have a ticket for the night fun..so we dressed up and went to Downtown Disney and had a BLAST! So, there are other options. Have a great time!

urbanvegan

DON'T!!! Just tonight, 10/23/09, I was kicked out along with 2 of my friends because our Star Wars costumes were too authentic. We've been doing Not So Scary for 5 years, and tonight was the last night we will be doing Not So Scary. Tye, the Park Manager, needs to be re-trained on how to treat customers or he needs to be demoted to a different position. Put it this way- Because of his horrible customer service, I do not plan on spending any more money with Walt Disney World Entertainment! ZERO! I'm writing a letter to the Corporate office tomorrow and demand that I receive some return correspondence, to tonight's event.... Too long of a story to post here. Just know that 1. You can't wear a costume into the park during daylight hours, and 2 if your costume hides too much of your vision or you look too close to any of the characters, you'll be asked to take your mask/helmet or whatever off, and carry it around. :mad: Not worth the 67.00 to have some 25 year old idiot ,in a blue vest and gold badge, tell you that you can only wear half of your costume.

I thought that these were the standard rules. Apart from special events like the Halloween Party and Star Wars Weekends, guests over the age of nine are not allowed in the parks in costumes. Costumes and masks that hinder movement and vision are an obvious safety concern.

And, to be fair - you said they "kicked you out" but then you said that were told you could only wear half of you costume, which implies that they let you in. That information is available ahead of time. Disney reserves the right to bar entry if the costume is an issue and can ask you to change your outfit; but if you followed the rules, you would not be kicked out.

DYoung

I thought that these were the standard rules. Apart from special events like the Halloween Party and Star Wars Weekends, guests over the age of nine are not allowed in the parks in costumes. Costumes and masks that hinder movement and vision are an obvious safety concern.

And, to be fair - you said they "kicked you out" but then you said that were told you could only wear half of you costume, which implies that they let you in. That information is available ahead of time. Disney reserves the right to bar entry if the costume is an issue and can ask you to change your outfit; but if you followed the rules, you would not be kicked out.

Urban, I actually have a thread started on this. I'm afraid that you might have misread what I was trying to say. We were told that if we wanted to stay in the park, that we would have to surrender or helmets to them, (Town Hall), then pick them up on the way out. I guarantee that if you asked other Disney guests that were currently in the park to do the same thing, they too would want a refund....

Again, we DID follow the rules dude. We walked to the first security check point. They checked our pockets, helmets, and props, and were told , "Thank you". We took MAYBE 5 steps, before Bill, who introduced himself as head of security, said that he wanted to do another check. He himself looked inside my helmet, and said, "Okay guys. You're good to go. Have a great night in the park."

By the way, have you ever been to a Not So Scary event lately? Almost EVERYONE, including adults were wearing costumes.....

chaggy102

Urban, I actually have a thread started on this. I'm afraid that you might have misread what I was trying to say. We were told that if we wanted to stay in the park, that we would have to surrender or helmets to them, (Town Hall), then pick them up on the way out. I guarantee that if you asked other Disney guests that were currently in the park to do the same thing, they too would want a refund....

Again, we DID follow the rules dude. We walked to the first security check point. They checked our pockets, helmets, and props, and were told , "Thank you". We took MAYBE 5 steps, before Bill, who introduced himself as head of security, said that he wanted to do another check. He himself looked inside my helmet, and said, "Okay guys. You're good to go. Have a great night in the park."

By the way, have you ever been to a Not So Scary event lately? Almost EVERYONE, including adults were wearing costumes.....

Dude no you didn't even by your own admission...where you said that you didn't go to City hall like you were told in past years to do so. So no dude you didn't...

urbanvegan

Sorry, I suppose I just don't totally understand the story, then.

It's too bad that you had a bad experience. Maybe next time just try some Jedi mind tricks.

captain marvel1

this guy dyoung is just going to get banned from the boards as well. we told him in another thread about it. what he did was wrong. i told him. scar told him. epcot made a note this guy just doesnt get it.

Atomicmickey

We went into MK at about 3:00 on the day of a MNSSHP, in costume, and had no problem at all. There were plenty of others in costume there at that time, as well.

I think the key word here is "helmets".

Martian Crab

I was kicked out along with 2 of my friends because our Star Wars costumes were too authentic.

This is the story of my life! I lost my job as a police officer because supposedly wearing my Chewbacca costume on duty wasn't "professional".
I feel for ya buddy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom