Oct, Nov or Dec?

We took our kids to WDW for the first time last Dec and they had a ball. Thanks to a wonderful bonus my husband has got, we are thinking of going back this year. I have been to WDW twice in early Dec and both times had great weather and the crowds have been low, which of course we like. So now, I'm thinking should we go again in Dec or maybe try a different time of the year like Oct or Nov. What do you think the advantages/disadvantages are of Oct or Nov?

bgraham34

I prefer seeing the Parks decked out for the Holidays, but last year I saw the parks decked out for Halloween and it was really nice. It was definately worth seeing the Magic Kingdom all falled out. And I really enjoyed the Halloween Party. It was a blast.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I went this past November, (9-18th) and we hit the tail end of Jersey week, so it was moderate crowds, and then toward the end of our honeymoon, Thanksgiving crowds came in due to it being so early this year. The weather was amazing. But I probably wouldn't go back in November. I prefer the second week of December. October is great too, and there is a better chance of warmer weather. I have seen chilly temps in December before in WDW. But overall, December has been the best :) Good luck and have fun planning!

We were also there that same week last november. Man, we were spoiled with the weather. Not a drop of rain, not a cloud was in sight. It was gorgeous. A little chilly at night, but I'd rather be a little chilly than hot. We are going back the same week this year. I would love to go during MNSSHP, but we like going between NJ Week and Thanksgiving week. The christmas decorations go up right after halloween, and everything looks so spectacular. It's so MAGICAL!!

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

October October October...MNSSHP and the FW are the best parts of that time of the year. Aside from the crowds which are not too bad but it has been getting worse. I think more and more people are thinking October can't be that busy, so you have more guests than usual for that time of the year. Now I am getting hungry just thinking of the FW booths :slurp:.

Upvote 0

pacochran

we've been both in October and December. Our first year, October 2000, we walked right onto most rides with little or NO wait. BUT not the 2nd year! we went back in October 2002, and it was CROWDED! We stood in lines for EVER and it was HOT HOT HOT! In October 2004, crowds were still high, but weather was very comfortable......2006, we went in December, and in the beginning, the crowds were manageable, but towards the end of the trip, we noticed attendance was picking up. Weather wise, in the mornings and nights, it was cool enough to wear a jacket, but in the daytime, we were comfortable enough to not need the jacket. We liked the Christmas decorations and themes all around the parks and the resorts! We are going back this December as well, and moved it up a week from our last trip. we hope that the crowds will be better

That's funny we were there the first week of Oct 2002 and yes it was hot but it wasn't crowded at all we had hardly any waits at all.

Upvote 0

jestrfyl

We live in Florida, and one of the reasons is the weather in November. It is usually the best of the year. Also Disney will be decked out in it's holiday best by the week before Thanksgiving. Short lines, most of the attractions are open in anticipation of the holiday crowds. Early Nov. is still the Food Festival at EPCOT - excellent event! October is still storm season - very risky. December is OK, too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom