oct crowds

bears163

what are the crowds like for early october? we were just there the 2nd weekend of december. moderate crowds but with FP we hit everything we wanted to with really no wait times. we did see a 90 minute wait time but we had a FP & were on in 5 minutes. wooot

masonp

we actually went in October..the parks during the week where fine with the longest wait of about 30 mins... got on MS twice straight after each ride...the water parks where fine but only one was open...went to MK on the Saturday as it was the longest hours of opening and only got on 3 rides...longest Q was about 1.5hours....:wave:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I would think it depends on how early in October. Columbus Day weekend is probably busier, and don't forget the MNSSHP.I'm not sure when they begin next year, but that draws a bigger crowd too. Usually October is pretty moderate though.

Upvote 0

beagle 1

I went to WDW in the middle of October this year. The crowds were large but manageable. Obviously, the largest crowds were in the Magic Kingdom . The waits for the "must see/do" rides ranged from half an hour to hour and half in the afternoon. The best bet is to find out when the extra hour is at night and go at night (lines are shorter) and/or in the morning. The crowds at AK and MGM were not that bad. Epcot was crowded but being so large it was not noticeable.

I also noticed alot of people from England/Scotland/Ireland or Europe were at Disney the week I was there.

All in all, October is a great time to go.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Used to be that October was one of the best months to go, but after the hurricanes of last year...and it seems a slight carryover this year that many have discovered that.

With that said, I think early October is still good...Columbus day is early this year on the 9th...also some schools now have a fall break that happens mid Oct. Right around Halloween is busy as well, particularly MK.

Also, October has Food and Wine, weather is still warm (with some of the edge off), MNSSHP and many park anniversaries.

I would suggest you go ahead and try it...

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
man i just looked and the weekend i was planning on going in columbus day weekend. thinking i should change my mind. but i want to try to hit the halloween party. maybe the weekend before? your thoughts please.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
bears163 said:
man i just looked and the weekend i was planning on going in columbus day weekend. thinking i should change my mind. but i want to try to hit the halloween party. maybe the weekend before? your thoughts please.

If you're just going for the weekend, it would be a bit crowded. If you are going for a week with that weekend included, it shouldn't be a problem. MK is the worst so do that on week days and do other parks that weekend. If you want to to MNSSHP, my suggestion is to look at Tuesday or Thursday times rather than Friday/Sat. If weekend is the only time you can go, it's still better than nothing as you can still trick or treat and enjoy the parade, fireworks etc. Ride waits will just be longer.

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

Hey,
October was great this yr. We went Oct 7-11th and did MNSSHP on the 7th...we literally rode EVERYTHING. The day crowds were alittle more. Being a Fla Res. Oct is hurricane season and judging by our recent seasons we expect a busy Hurricane season next yr as well...keep that in mind when planning.:)

Upvote 0

bears163

Original Poster
MSTINKHERBELL01 said:
Hey,
October was great this yr. We went Oct 7-11th and did MNSSHP on the 7th...we literally rode EVERYTHING. The day crowds were alittle more. Being a Fla Res. Oct is hurricane season and judging by our recent seasons we expect a busy Hurricane season next yr as well...keep that in mind when planning.:)

so the crowds for the holiday weekend (columbus day) were not that bad? what were the wait times? anyone else there that weekend?

Upvote 0

coltow

I was there this past October, we arrived the Saturday after Columbus Day. I thought it was the best time to go. The waits were mostly about 20-30 minutes for the "big" rides (except 90 mins for Soarin). The crowds were heavier on the weekends though. Also the halloween party is a must. You can end up going on all the rides in one night that could take you 2 days to do. I recommed also going to MNSSHP on a week day as the weekends will alos be heavier. The weather was also great, even though we had Hurrican Wilma lurking it was still sunny and about 85 every day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom