OBSERVATION - Going Green

BadWolf

Original Poster
Just returned from WDW on the 22nd, and am ready to post some observations for discussion.

Disney keeps reminding us how they are dedicated to saving the planet with small everyday changes that we can all live with.

Is anyone annoyed with the lack of water pressure in any of the restroom sinks throughout WDW parks? It takes about 4x longer to wash your hands then it would with normal water pressure?

Also, to anyone that had to endure the fumes waiting inline for the Indy Cars, can't WDW develop an alternative to the old fashioned polluting gas engines in these cars?

afar28

I think the water pressure should be turned back up. Even if its back up, you're using the same amount of water as when it's turned down because when its turned down you will use it longer then when it's up.
And put electric engines on The Speedway! I think I'll get lung cancer from all the times I inhale the fumes..

Magenta Panther

Just returned from WDW on the 22nd, and am ready to post some observations for discussion.

Disney keeps reminding us how they are dedicated to saving the planet with small everyday changes that we can all live with.

Is anyone annoyed with the lack of water pressure in any of the restroom sinks throughout WDW parks? It takes about 4x longer to wash your hands then it would with normal water pressure?

Also, to anyone that had to endure the fumes waiting inline for the Indy Cars, can't WDW develop an alternative to the old fashioned polluting gas engines in these cars?

That's nothing, what about the shuttle trains that take you from the parking lot to the Kingdom? The fumes!!!! I've literally gagged when I've ridden on those...

DisneyPrincess5

Yeah the water pressure is pretty low. Lets think positively and think its because they want us to wash for the recommended 20 seconds.
At Universal the water pressure is awesome as are the drying machines. Feels more clean and sanitary.

ThankstoMOM

Inregaurds to the Indy cars. During a Keys To The Kingdom tour we went on this Feb, Some one asked why they still use gas engines on the Indy cars and our Guide informed us that the Indy cars haven't had gas engines for years and what you are smelling is faux gas fumes pumped out around the ride.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Neither do I! I'm just going to go out and get them all germed up again anyway, why bother?;)

I always try and do my part for the environment. Always! I don't flush the toilets either, but those damn automatic things tend to undermine my conservation efforts!
You made me laugh out loud.
(I really like to spell that out)

luv

Disney is not trying to be more green. They're trying to save money.

The lack of water pressure is WAY up there on my list of beefs. It might be my #1 beef. It REALLY ticks me off. One time, I had the pathetic dripping and moved over to the upgraded trickle...I had to pull my hands back and make it turn back on seven times. The woman next to me said, "What is wrong today?!" I wanted to say, "Oh, honey, its not just today - it happens all the time!" But I don't want to complain to strangers...in person...so I do it here!

:)

Yes, the water pressure thing is an issue. I used to forgive them, figuring that if they can't afford the water, they can't. Then they spent 4 BILLION dollars on Star Wars crap. And I still can't rinse the darn soap off my hands. Grrr.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Inregaurds to the Indy cars. During a Keys To The Kingdom tour we went on this Feb, Some one asked why they still use gas engines on the Indy cars and our Guide informed us that the Indy cars haven't had gas engines for years and what you are smelling is faux gas fumes pumped out around the ride.
That's funny. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom