News OBJ Disney Acquires More Land Near Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Was Lake Reedy LLC the previous owner of the land?

Here is the sale history of the property.

1585925565880.png

and here is the history of the adjacent piece of land they bought last year. Compass Rose Corp is a Disney subsidiary.

1585925712377.png

Josh Hendy

Here is the sale history of the property.
and here is the history of the adjacent piece of land they bought last year. Compass Rose Corp is a Disney subsidiary.
Thanks. This is hard for me to interpret and maybe it's not completely up to date.

Evidently one of the parcels of land was split up into 16th shares as part of an estate or trust fund, and there are a lot of nominal $100 transactions where Lake Reedy Development Group LLC gradually acquired 1/2 interest ... but the transactions end in 2015.

The big transaction is where Lake Reedy LLC bought the other parcel of land for $1,250,000 from one of the same trustees from the parcel A 15 years ago ... and sells it to Disney allegedly for $0 last February.

Am I right in guessing, the Lake Reedy XXX LLC company(s) are actually agents working for Disney. They very slowly over 20 years have been buying out the previous owners of the land which was split up into shares as part of an estate. Finally bought the last share a couple of months ago and transferred the title to a Disney subsidiary. For $0 because Disney had paid for all the previous transactions.

esskay

Thanks. This is hard for me to interpret and maybe it's not completely up to date.

Evidently one of the parcels of land was split up into 16th shares as part of an estate or trust fund, and there are a lot of nominal $100 transactions where Lake Reedy Development Group LLC gradually acquired 1/2 interest ... but the transactions end in 2015.

The big transaction is where Lake Reedy LLC bought the other parcel of land for $1,250,000 from one of the same trustees from the parcel A 15 years ago ... and sells it to Disney allegedly for $0 last February.

Am I right in guessing, the Lake Reedy XXX LLC company(s) are actually agents working for Disney. They very slowly over 20 years have been buying out the previous owners of the land which was split up into shares as part of an estate. Finally bought the last share a couple of months ago and transferred the title to a Disney subsidiary. For $0 because Disney had paid for all the previous transactions.
Yup Disney have always done it this way - lots of companies do.

Rolling up to someones house and saying "Hi I'm Disney, I want to buy your house" instantly adds a few zero's to the end of the price tag.

Given the proximity to MK

- It's just holding/conservation land
- It was pretty close and they probably don't want anything too big built on it.

I'd expect nothing at all to be done to the land. Even if there were it'd be something super dull like utilities or storage related.

DisneyRoxMySox

Here is some information on Lake Reedy Development Group, LLC. Perhaps someone can do some more sleuthing.

For reference here is the same sites info on Compass Rose:

Josh Hendy

Here is some information on Lake Reedy Development Group, LLC.
Ok ... it should be obvious from the following that I'm not a lawyer ...

1st parcel information copied and pasted above seems to be incomplete. The parcel was split up into many shares, but gradually consolidated (by 2015) into the hands of Richard W Glenn Trustee and Lake Reedy Development Group LLC. The LLC is owned by Pete Partin who is probably related to Gladys G Partin who was the original owner of the parcel. The transaction history is missing the part which would presumably show the parcel eventually being sold to Disney/Compass Rose (possibly via an agent such as Lake Reedy LLC).

2nd parcel was apparently seized for delinquent taxes and sold to Richard W Glenn Trustee (also involved in parcel 1) for $100, who 3 years later sold it for $1,250,000 to Lake Reedy LLC (Lester M Austin) who sold it to Compass Rose (Disney) for $0 presumably because he was acting as Disney's agent. Richard W Glenn was presumably acting as a trustee for others, possibly the same group of relatives who were involved in Parcel 1. I guess that the back taxes were paid off at some point, which then allowed Richard W Glenn to sell the property to the LLC on behalf of the trust.

Probably some complicated history here involving cousins who were heirs to property that had been acquired by (I'm guessing) the late husband of Gladys G Partin. Lake Reedy Development Group LLC was used by one of the heirs to hold the land, in which Richard W Glenn acted as trustee for the rest of the heirs. Lake Reedy LLC is unrelated to the heirs, but is probably an agent used by Disney to acquire the land anonymously.

Both parcels are described as "Vacant" in spite of the house or "camp" which I suppose for the purposes of taxation is a catchall for, "not residential".

Possibly one of the co-owners built the cabin because they wanted to keep cattle and fish on the lake (keeping a boat there at one point) and basically use the property as a hobby farm / vacation property.

Horizons1

Owner had a nice place to live. Land and cattle must pay well.
Link
You’re not wrong. Cattle industry prices fluctuate but depending on the size of your herd and quality of cattle you can see a good return. And land, especially in this area, is rarely a bad investment.

DisneyRoxMySox

The sale records for the two remaining plots around the lake look much more straight forward.

Here is the small one, the owner appears to be a local Pediatrician.

View attachment 461195

Here is the large one. I did find Ching Yang on Linkedin who is a retired engineer for Orange County.

View attachment 461196
Rereading some of the old threads I posted in today… and got caught in a rabbit hole. In regards to the larger portion of land around the lake and Ching Yang, I found this info (attached photos). Part of me wonders if they are holding this land (as well as the small acreage owned by the doctor) with them intent of a pay day from Disney.

Attachments

• 7C043EF3-92E2-4D01-BC06-85106BC10939.jpeg
    7C043EF3-92E2-4D01-BC06-85106BC10939.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 67287078-908E-48A2-A8F3-0CECCA8CA544.jpeg
    67287078-908E-48A2-A8F3-0CECCA8CA544.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 38

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom