Nye @ Mk

DME

I plan on being at the Magic Kingdom on New Years Eve. Anyone been there for it? I expect it the be crazy crowded and for the park to close due to capacity very early in the day. I assume if I get there at park opening I should be safe to actually get into the park. Anyone agree/disagree?

devoy1701

Um, it's not like it's confusing or anything. It's the trip planning forum after all.

*shrugs*

Just seemed rather annoying that two dozen people posted "ha I misread!" but no one was offering to actually answer the real question. Either way, as soon as you open the thread, it's clear what it's about, so again, it's really not some huge mystery.

*shrugs again*
-m

simmer down...we were just posting that he made a funny. Little things like that brighten my day... you're post was like a big cloud floating by my sunshine.

not to mention you didn't post anything topic related either.

so boo on you.

Upvote 0

MissM

simmer down...we were just posting that he made a funny. Little things like that brighten my day... you're post was like a big cloud floating by my sunshine.

not to mention you didn't post anything topic related either.

so boo on you.
You'd actually have to be, um, upset or something before you needed to "settle down." Guess you missed the "*shrugs*" Kinda goes without saying though since you also clearly missed the entire, multiple-length paragraph reply on what New Year's Eve was like in my experience too.
-m

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

Yeah, add me to the list of thinking this was about Bill Nye coming to MK. Then when I read the first post I though... oh, I'm such a Dork!!!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Dork here!:p

I have never been to the parks for NYE, but I hope to one of these days. I think I would rather spend the time at EPCOT thouch, much more spread out, and easier to hang out in with out being in line for a ride.

Upvote 0

csaguy

Nye

I thought it was Bill Nye too.
We say him at the Disneyland Hotel in April.
If you use Winamp and swarch Shoutcast videos, one of the stations has his old programs.
"Geek or not to Geek, that is the question."

Upvote 0

wvugeoggrad

I spent New Years Eve in the MK last year. It was insanely crowded but it was totally worth it to be there for the atmosphere and amazing fireworks. Just make sure you get there early and bring your patience. I'm a normally very patient person and it slowly went away towards the end of the evening esp. when they gave out noise makers to everyone and thats all you could hear!!! Maybe bring a pair of ear plugs to avoid hearing that the last few hours of the night. If you have an ipod or compact gaming system I would recommend brining those as well or possibly a good book. We only rode CoP, TTA, and the Train around MK bc we didn't want to stand in a huge line for over an hour. We spent a lot of time eating and just people watching. A good place to go and get away from the crowds is down in the rose garden near the water and tomorrow land. There were a number of people down there taking naps! :snore: So it was nice and quiet.

Also when we left we were "herded" backstage to bypass the craziness on Main Street. When we got out we saw the huge lines for the monorail and boat and decided to walk to the Contemporary and grab the monorail from there to the TTC. I'm just one of those people who would rather make a longer trip than stand in line the same amount of time.

So I say go, take something to occupy your time and enjoy it bc the fireworks are worth it!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom