NYE Closure?

peter11435

I don't know. But I can tell you that I was able to get into Epcot with no problem at 7:30pm. I walked around for a couple hours and just got home. The place was packed and the atmosphere was very cool. They had really cool lasers at the Italy stage, and fire torches into the air in China.

Horizons1

Epcot was packed during the day, at one point they filled the parking lot and were directing people to MGM. I have some pics from today (actually quite a few) of the crowds. SE had a long line down the side and back up at 4:45 in the evening. In short, It was nuts!

Legacy

When I went by there around 3 it was closed. I went by Shades of Green though, and when I was leaving there were a lot of cars leaving the parking lot of MK as well.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I don't think it is worth it to go at this time of the year..it's way to packed...it must be so hard to have a good time because all you do all day is wait in lines. All the fastpasses run out...
I'll keep my early December time frame...perfect time to go.

Horizons1

Heres a pic of the line at SE I mentioned

Doom_.JPG

Scary huh?

Brent

Horizons1 said:
Heres a pic of the line at SE I mentioned

Doom_.JPG

Scary huh?
Scary isn't saying enough!!! Wow thats the longest I think I've ever seen the line for SSE. Thanks for the updates & Happy New Year everyone!!!!
:sohappy:

donsullivan

Premium Member
I got to Epcot at around 2:00 and ended up in the last space of the last row of the lot. They were just starting to load the last segment of the lot as I was walking in, and as I was entering the park (had to get my new AP issued so got stuck in the ticket line) I heard that they had closed the lot.

Crowds were completely insane which is pretty much the norm for this day. Wait times were all pretty nuts. At just after 3 all FP's for Soarin were gone for the whole day. I went by that area again around 5PM and there was a cast member alerting people heading in that that direction that the wait for Soarin was now 4 hours. I didn't even go in the building at that point.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
donsullivan said:
At just after 3 all FP's for Soarin were gone for the whole day.

They actually ran out right around 11:30. I was walking into the Land right as they were putting out the A-frames.

Here's what I saw inside:

Living with the Land had a 60-minute wait at that time, too.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
A few more pictures from today:

I rode Body Wars 4 or 5 times today with never more than a 2 or 3 minute wait:

Body Probe B229:

I saw Cranium Command with nearly a full house. The audience really got into it, and it seemed much better than I remember it:

Wait times at 11:15:

Here's the line to get a Fastpass at Test Track:

Even Journey Into Imagination had a wait:

Turtle Talk's 1-hour-plus queue:

Test Track's Standby queue at around 4:30:

And finally a juvenile humor picture:

DisneyBuff

ksccar said:
I don't think it is worth it to go at this time of the year..it's way to packed...it must be so hard to have a good time because all you do all day is wait in lines. All the fastpasses run out...
I'll keep my early December time frame...perfect time to go.

I go just for that reason. The atmosphere is just amazing with the excitement. It isn't about the rides for some like me. It is about the crowds and energy of the Holiday.

Huge Dreamer

MK was closed I know around 4 to guest but not AP holders and Resort guest. I went to MGM because I hate crowds but it was packed by 6:00PM any ways, but I still had a blast even though the only rides I went on was Star Tours and The Tower of Terror.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

cindy_k

Soarin' always has a ridiculous wait, but 150 min for Mission:Space! Ouch!:hammer:
Were some of the simulators down?

DizWhizKid

cindy_k said:
Soarin' always has a ridiculous wait, but 150 min for Mission:Space! Ouch!:hammer:
Were some of the simulators down?

Space had some simulator problems at the beginning of the day, but by 4, all four bays were running, and they still had about 100 minutes of wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom