NYE Closure?

basas

Horizons1 said:
MGM was not as bad as Epcot in park, but outside the park it was a mess, the lines for busses and the line just to get your car into the parking lot were backed up so far. In park was not that bad at all, it wasn't like Epcot. There were not even that many people on the Streets of America when they lit the Osborne lights, it did fill up as it started to get dark. They had the stage for new years in front of the hat and about 6:30 they started to play the music and get everyone dancing and stuff.

I have a few pics of that, I'll upload them later tonight.

Thanks! You can never have too many photo updates.:)

PhotoDave219

If i rememebr correctly....

Phase 1 - PArking lot closed.

Phase 2 - Closed to Day Guests. Passholders, Reentrys and On Property Only

Phase 3 - Reentries and On Property only

Phase 4 - Is Closed to everyone.

Huge Dreamer

PhotoDave219 said:
If i rememebr correctly....

Phase 1 - PArking lot closed.

Phase 2 - Closed to Day Guests. Passholders, Reentrys and On Property Only

Phase 3 - Reentries and On Property only

Phase 4 - Is Closed to everyone.

I don't know all the phases but I know that Day Guest and AP Holders are a different phase. So i think you missed a phase or they close the parking lot the same time they close the park to day guests and SP Holders.

peter11435

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP/PAP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP/PAP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A note - parking can close prior to the park going into any phases, it's merely a matter of running out or extremely low on spaces. That's why for example Epcot was diverting to MGM but still admitting guests.

peter11435

mousermerf said:
A note - parking can close prior to the park going into any phases, it's merely a matter of running out or extremely low on spaces. That's why for example Epcot was diverting to MGM but still admitting guests.
Correct. I didn't put it on my list but the first thing that happens before any phases is alternative parking.

Alternative parking: Due to limited parking, guests arriving at (insert park) should use alternate parking at (insert park) and use Resort transportation to return to (insert park).

Horizons1

Ok heres the pics from Epcot's and MGM's new years eve stages. Sorry it took me a little longer than I planned to get them up. I also apologize for the ones that are a bit blurry.

Epcot:

c1abe4d6.jpg

43c5f734.jpg

aed7c6f2.jpg

e3c6efbd.jpg

e6dd294b.jpg

3419c05a.jpg

ce3cf5b1.jpg

MGM coming up...

biggy H

Soarin' Fastpasses on NYE

I was at Epcot on NYE, I arrived at 8.ooam and went to get Fastpasses for Soarin'. The CM's at the fastpass machines where just giving them out, all you had to do was say how many you wanted and you didn't even have to use your tickets. My party got 4 lots which for 11.30 to 12.30 but we used them during the rest of the day. Some people were saving that they needed 8 but only had 2 tickets, the CM didn't even check to see how many tickets they had.

I had a great veiw of the NYE fireworks from near Germany, we where in a private area that they used for filming. We just got in just before the show started. It was on of the best veiwings I've ever had of the any Illuminations.

bkgrim

Crowds

Went to Epcot at 7:30am to get pins. went to test track, wonders of life and space with no wait. Ellen broke down and went to spaceship. after this it went crazy. I have never seen the crowds this bad at christmas. Mad house but lots of fun

surfsupdon

DisneyBuff said:
I go just for that reason. The atmosphere is just amazing with the excitement. It isn't about the rides for some like me. It is about the crowds and energy of the Holiday.

AGREED!! We go 12/25--1/3 for that same reason!! Now that we are older, it's not "all about the rides" all the time. New Years Eve we walk into Epcot as soon as it opens, grab a few Fastpasses for some rides, go back to Yacht Club, and head back into Epcot for dinner and to use the Fastpasses before heading to the video dance party at Japan and the New Year!!

I love that Holiday energy with the huge, swelling crowds!!

tigger29

Wow. Just seeing those pics of the crowds makes me claustrophobic. But that's amazing to see. I've never been there during this time and now I know why. :eek:

I prefer fighting the millions in NY... :sohappy: and i'll take WDW in May instead.

scbb11Sketch

I went to Epcot on NYE in the morning, and it was pretty crazy like others are saying. The Land was pretty much impossible to walk into. It took me 15 minutes just to walk in the doors and down to Soarin' to see the 150 minute wait. So we went to Test Track where the single riders line was 80 minutes. We got in line for that, but I wasn't satisfied. I went over to Mission: Space and saw the single riders line was 20 minutes, so I pounced. Of course things are going to be crowded on big holidays, but you just need to be patient and find your opportunities. After that we had a great lunch at Canada and went to MGM for the rest of the night. It was crowded, but we still got on every ride with a walk on for Star Tours, walk on for Muppets 3D, walk on for Great Movie Ride, no crazy line wait for Fantasmic, 3 times on RNR, and 30 minutes for Tower of Terror. NYE is the best time to go to Disney World.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A few more pictures from today:

I rode Body Wars 4 or 5 times today with never more than a 2 or 3 minute wait:

Body Probe B229:

I saw Cranium Command with nearly a full house. The audience really got into it, and it seemed much better than I remember it:

Even Journey Into Imagination had a wait:

Roaming around google, found it interesting that I found this post! I can't believe you were probably one of the last people to go into WoL, it really amazes me that Body Wars didn't even have a line yet you say Cranium Command was almost full! Since you said they liked it, I think Disney should bring CC back at least SOMEwhere in Epcot...

....it's really scary that Imagination had a wait...:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom