NYC World of Disney

SarahSmilin1117

Original Poster
So I am walking down 5th Ave. during my first trip to New York and there it was World of Disney. I was so happy it was there and to go in and find it it was 3 floors! I am sorry...I was just so excited and then to find out they have PINS NYC themed pins. It was such a great surprise. Now, they said there were character experiences there and other events. I was just wondering, has anyone ever been there or seen this stuff? I'm just curious

E Ticket2Ride

oh man. i love that place. being so far from wdw its my place to touch base when i need to. they have done some really cool events there that i have been too. for the 50th they gave away a free pin for completing an in store scavenger hunt. the pins were actually good pins, they were the ones that looked like the mirror on cinderella castle and there was one for every disney park and featured its subsequent castle. i went every day that week and got each one lol. they also converted the 3rd floor into a disney art gallery a while ago and so i went early in the morning before the store officially opened and they had this really cool performance piece of these two guys sort of dancing and painting at the same time on the first floor while they played some music over the loudspeakers. then they had the opening ceremony upstairs with pluto. they also have some celebrities often as well. i met christy carlson romano and got her autograph a while ago. but most recently my favorite event happened. the pirates in the big apple. the night before AWE openend they had a ticketed party where they opened the store only for guests with tickets and had pirates with food, pirate grog, signing, dancing, a jack sparrow meet and greet, free gifts, and the coolest thing was the sight of like 200 pirate fans with disney pirates walking through the streets of new york at midnight from the world of disney to the zigfield theater to see the midnight showing of the film. i was thinking to myself that this couldn't happen anywhere else but new york city. it was really cool and i can't wait for some other events at the store.

mpoppins76

So I am walking down 5th Ave. during my first trip to New York and there it was World of Disney. I was so happy it was there and to go in and find it it was 3 floors! I am sorry...I was just so excited and then to find out they have PINS NYC themed pins. It was such a great surprise. Now, they said there were character experiences there and other events. I was just wondering, has anyone ever been there or seen this stuff? I'm just curious
I work 3 blocks from there and I LOVE it! I find myself heading over there alot over my lunches. I rarely buy anything, (ok, that's not entirely true :eek: ) but just walk around. It's a nice escape from "rat race" :) It's my "happy place". :lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

I wish chicago would have a World of Disney...it would fit perfectly on Michigan Avenue..But Noooooo We have a crappy little Disney Store..*sigh* Only time can tell...

SarahSmilin1117

Original Poster
but most recently my favorite event happened. the pirates in the big apple. the night before AWE openend they had a ticketed party where they opened the store only for guests with tickets and had pirates with food, pirate grog, signing, dancing, a jack sparrow meet and greet, free gifts, and the coolest thing was the sight of like 200 pirate fans with disney pirates walking through the streets of new york at midnight from the world of disney to the zigfield theater to see the midnight showing of the film. quote]

And that is the kinda stuff that i absolutely love! Ah, New York and Disney...two of my favorite things. :)

Purple413

I love the NYC World of Disney. The best time to go is around Christmas because the characters dress up in holiday wear. Great idea for Christmas cards!

mpoppins76

I wish chicago would have a World of Disney...it would fit perfectly on Michigan Avenue..But Noooooo We have a crappy little Disney Store..*sigh* Only time can tell...
I agree, I really think that one would do well there. Or at least a bigger one than is already there. :rolleyes:
I love the NYC World of Disney. The best time to go is around Christmas because the characters dress up in holiday wear. Great idea for Christmas cards!
I was in there Thursday and they had Minnie dressed like Statue of Liberty...really cute. :)

GrimGrinninAnna

I work a few blocks from there as well, and always head over when I need a work pick-me-up at "lunch."

There actually used to be a few, but I think they consolidated somewhat. There's one in the Staten Island mall, and I believe there used to be one in another downtown mall. I think they also own some hotels near the Broadway shows. Yeah, New York Disney and Florida Disney are like totally different worlds.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I work a few blocks from there as well, and always head over when I need a work pick-me-up at "lunch."

There actually used to be a few, but I think they consolidated somewhat. There's one in the Staten Island mall, and I believe there used to be one in another downtown mall. I think they also own some hotels near the Broadway shows. Yeah, New York Disney and Florida Disney are like totally different worlds.

Disney doesn't own any hotels in NYC yet. There has been lots of scuttle-butt about them acquiring land to build one in mid-town, however. They don't even technically own the New Amsterdam Theater, where Mary Poppins is currently playing. They negotiated an exclusive 99-year lease on the property, in exchange for paying for a good chunk of the renovations. They make all the management decisions and whatnot on the property, but they don't technically "own" it.

metman

hi i am from england and i am going to NYC next month for a 2 day stop over as i have never seen new york. Please tell me more about the Disney store in NYC as i would have missed it. We are going down to WDW afterwards for 7 days but untill now i new nothing about it. Is there more than 1 floor,Please tell me all you can thanks:hammer:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was there last year when I was in NYC for training. I liked the store. :) I really enjoyed the art gallery on the third floor. I've found some of the NYC "exclusive" pins at WDW, though.

mpoppins76

:wave: Howdy work neighbor! :)
hi i am from england and i am going to NYC next month for a 2 day stop over as i have never seen new york. Please tell me more about the Disney store in NYC as i would have missed it. We are going down to WDW afterwards for 7 days but untill now i new nothing about it. Is there more than 1 floor,Please tell me all you can thanks:hammer:
It's on the corner of Fifth Ave. & 55th. Just a couple blocks from Central Park. 3 floors of Disney fun! Little tip: the check-out line downstairs is insane. Try the registers up on the 2nd floor, there is rarely a line. ;)

Delly

I even more excited about my trip now :) I am off to New York for 4 days in October (my first time) then down to the world for 10 days straight after. Thought New York would be Disney free, but now I know I will be able to get my fix there too!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom