NY Times Article about Disney Cruises

Phonedave

See, I do like to read a lot of the Times articles, but I really found myself scratching my head at it. I just couldn't believe that someone who supposedly is a travel journalist seemed so unprepared (regardless if it was a Disney cruise or not). There were some points in the article I could agree with, but I couldn't see how the article's title tied in to the whole piece (that should've been addressed by his editor, frankly). I don't know, I guess another poster summed it up best..."meh". One a positive note, the author did seem to start to enjoy his cruise towards the end (which is why I always recommend a 7-night cruise for a first-time cruise) :)

I think that about sums it up for me too. It's not that it was bashing Disney (which it really was not) it was just a poor piece of travel journalism. Just a lot of fluff, some snark, and not many facts or good advice. That opinion has no bearing on it being from the Times, or anywhere else for that matter. In fact I do read the Times. Not every day, but fairly regularly.

-dave

Phonedave

LOL, I totally forgot he was such a "scotch" expert and did his liquor tasting class, once again looking down his nose at the woman who didn't know what "fireball" was :hilarious:

I don't think it was that she did not know what fireball was, but that she thought fireball was scotch. I took that as a masked comment to say "look at the class of people on these cruses, they even think that fireball is a scotch"

He needs to remember that he is on a cruise, with a diverse group of guests, and he is attending a entry level scotch education/tasting class that most likely cost about $15. People who have no idea what scotch is, are exactly the people that should be attending these classes - so they can learn. If he was attending a scotch tasting that advertised cask strength single malts, and was priced accordingly, then yes, he should be surprised if somebody who was there thought fireball was a scotch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom