NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

pix

Alright. I have a pair of (very rough) scene sketches for the opening scene and the spider scene, but the costuming and stuff will need to be written up. How is the best way for me to do this. As like an interview blurb with the tech designer or more like just a flat description or....?

The sketches are very rough as I am not an artist and I am NOT a scene or people artist either. I really like how my spider came out despite my lack of practice in that type of art as well as my hatred of spiders.

Also after I eat and type up everything I might try and do a secondary logo for merch designs. I had an idea for the caretaker logo with the lantern and the shovel

AceAstro

Alright. I have a pair of (very rough) scene sketches for the opening scene and the spider scene, but the costuming and stuff will need to be written up. How is the best way for me to do this. As like an interview blurb with the tech designer or more like just a flat description or....?

The sketches are very rough as I am not an artist and I am NOT a scene or people artist either. I really like how my spider came out despite my lack of practice in that type of art as well as my hatred of spiders.

Also after I eat and type up everything I might try and do a secondary logo for merch designs. I had an idea for the caretaker logo with the lantern and the shovel
Also, did you try to post the pictures? I don't see any if did

pix

2020-06-27_183442 - Edited.jpg

Had the HARDEST time getting this to look okay on the computer and this is about as good as I can do with no photo editing software or skill digitally. The top is the spider with the stick figure zombies. The bottom is the opening scene of the mansion. I went way outside my art zone for this and I don't hate it. Especially with the spider which I hate for the spider but not for the art. Typing up my tech stuff now. Post here?

AceAstro

View attachment 479952

Had the HARDEST time getting this to look okay on the computer and this is about as good as I can do with no photo editing software or skill digitally. The top is the spider with the stick figure zombies. The bottom is the opening scene of the mansion. I went way outside my art zone for this and I don't hate it. Especially with the spider which I hate for the spider but not for the art. Typing up my tech stuff now. Post here?
These look great! And yes, post it here for me please!

pix

Here is how all of the magazine pages will look:

View attachment 479960

When I get the interview, I will put it in here and the next page and we are done!

"As a forever Disney fan working on something this huge and iconic was a dream come true. Haunted Mansion has always been my favorite ride, so when I heard about the plans for this musical I jumped at the chance. Never in a million years did I expect to be working on the tech and design of a musical based on my favorite Disney ride but here we are." @gam3rprincess gushed during a behind the scenes interview.

"The hardest part was the giant spider in Act 2. Both from a technical standpoint - being the biggest set piece and the most intricate - and from a personal standpoint as I have a huge fear of spiders. As it got built it was bigger and scarier than I had ever imagined. Especially when I had to test the way it moved, seeing it descend on the zombie actors was a scene from my nightmare, but it worked so well I was more proud than anything. The spider was mostly hallow to keep it light so the way it dropped from its web seemed natural, and the legs were remote controlled to be able to really move in the terrible terrible way spiders move." - @gam3rprincess on props and phobias

"The most fun I had designing was the tombstones. They were such a small detail but its the Disney details that make it so magical. Most of them were directly taken from the ride and queue line, but some of them were cast Easter Eggs. Talking to the cast about the silly ways they wanted their tombstone to say they died was such a weird and fun cast bonding experience. The mix of morbid and fun was such a cool energy on set and everyone was really fun to hang out with. Of course they bullied me into making my own tombstone "here lies pix they took a nap, and while they slept in web they were wrapped" - @gam3rprincess on cast bonding and Disney details.

"As for the costuming, much of it was easy to mimic from both the ride and the Halloween Parade costumes, but for certain scenes the addition mini twinkle lights into the edges of the costumes really gave the actors the ghostly blue glow of the afterlife. My favorite was the mini lights in Constance's veil, it really emphasized the makeup choices to make her really eerie." - @gam3rprincess on costuming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom