NuOrbis Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway
635519339731977856-phxdc5-6hykqbzxuv6m99srnk4-original.jpg

For this project, teams will be tasked with creating the next big adaptation for Disney Theatricals to tackle. This should be a film that has not yet received the Disney Theatricals treatment, but other than that everything is on the table (for example, theme park and cruise ship shows are fine to be adapted to Broadway as long as they haven't already gotten the Broadway treatment) Live action and non-musicals are fine to adapt, but the show you create MUST be a musical and have at least three original songs designed for your show.

You must explain the lighting, costume and set design, plot changes to accommodate the new meaning, and any big set pieces. The new songs don't need to be fully composed with music and lyrics written, but by all means the more the effort the better the pay-off. This is a #GameChanger season after all. Let's follow in the footsteps of Scrubs and Buffy and make this an ALL MUSICAL PROJECT! Good luck, teams. Projects are due Saturday, June 27th at 11:59PM Eastern. Since we have new teams, EVERYONE is up for grabs to be project leader this round. Play hard, because this round WILL have an elimination.

AceAstro

For serious selections, I have one on the top of my mind:
F2DCF34E-004D-4FE0-876E-108F2048950A.jpeg

It could be based on the original animated one, or the live action one (I thoroughly enjoy both). If it is based on the animated one, we’ve seen with the live action how it can be expanded and adapted to the times nicely with the live action version.

Plus Baby Mine is the perfect emotional way to end act 1.

Dumbo could be an elaborate puppet like the King Kong show has!

AceAstro

pix

Hi I have an absolutely crack idea to leave here cause I am sleep deprived but... Haunted Mansion the musical.

I am going to do everyone a favor now and take some ZZZquil and go the eff to sleep.

pix

Hi I have an absolutely crack idea to leave here cause I am sleep deprived but... Haunted Mansion the musical.

I am going to do everyone a favor now and take some ZZZquil and go the eff to sleep.

Haha or not....

Hello insomnia my old friend.

Think like old school plays narrated by a choir of sorts with the ghost bust choir narrating it, telling the story of the gracey mansion and it's tragedies. Think of the costumes. And effects. The murder. The comedy. The hitchhiking ghosts. The hatbox ghost. The creepy organ music. The sound design. The lack of sleep and slow build of insanity. The gravediggers!

AceAstro

Haha or not....

Hello insomnia my old friend.

Think like old school plays narrated by a choir of sorts with the ghost bust choir narrating it, telling the story of the gracey mansion and it's tragedies. Think of the costumes. And effects. The murder. The comedy. The hitchhiking ghosts. The hatbox ghost. The creepy organ music. The sound design. The lack of sleep and slow build of insanity. The gravediggers!
This would be great if we could base it on the ride. Since it has to be based on the movie, I don’t know how well that’d work.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
This would be great if we could base it on the ride. Since it has to be based on the movie, I don’t know how well that’d work.

I'm going to go ahead and let @mickeyfan5534 have the final judgement on if attractions can be used. I'm personally all for the idea, but this is Mickeyfan's baby so I want to make sure he doesn't want to be a complete theater purist about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom