Number 1 resort

crawale

Hi,
I am planning a trip and am waiting to stay on property. This will probably be the only time we stay on property so my question is;

Which resort would you pick if it would be your only time ever staying on property?

Thanks!
Beach Club. Best pool in Disney World. Walk, boat or Skyliner to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you can get the kids to leave the pool to go to the park you'll be lucky.

Lilofan

Beach Club. Best pool in Disney World. Walk, boat or Skyliner to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you can get the kids to leave the pool to go to the park you'll be lucky.
I would say the best resort pool is at Coronado / Ranchos area. Its huge, has a water slide and a 20 person hot tub.

Imhere

Can I ask why, out of interest? I am planning on selling a kidney (well, work lots of overtime) to stay there next year for the first time, am I wasting my money? We will be 55 (female) and 17 (male).
We have stayed there plenty, but, now it's just too crowded with people who aren't even staying at the resort.

'Ohana keeps the lobby jammed, Tambu Lounge is always packed at the times I want to visit the lounge.

I like to have a lounge at my resort that I can pop into without it being jammed.

The pool is always packed.

I just don't find it as relaxing as it used to be.

plutofan15

Can I ask why, out of interest? I am planning on selling a kidney (well, work lots of overtime) to stay there next year for the first time, am I wasting my money? We will be 55 (female) and 17 (male).
We stayed there for five nights the week before Christmas this past December. While the lobby and restaurant areas can certainly get crowded but it is far enough away from the rooms so it won’t be an issue. We very much enjoyed the rest of the resort and found it relaxing. Granted, being December, the pool wasn’t busy. In the summer I am sure the pool will be busy like most resorts. If it is on your bucket list to stay here, then do so by all means. The beach is a good place to view Magic Kingdom fireworks too.

nursejackie

We stayed there for five nights the week before Christmas this past December. While the lobby and restaurant areas can certainly get crowded but it is far enough away from the rooms so it won’t be an issue. We very much enjoyed the rest of the resort and found it relaxing. Granted, being December, the pool wasn’t busy. In the summer I am sure the pool will be busy like most resorts. If it is on your bucket list to stay here, then do so by all means. The beach is a good place to view Magic Kingdom fireworks too.
Ah okay that makes sense. We stayed in WDW resorts for 8 Christmases and I know it can be hectic at that time of year. We're going the last two weeks in August so hoping it'll not be so busy at Poly as most US school holidays have finished by then.

Last edited:

Tom P.

With young kids, my top three would be as follows. Note that this recommendation might change were the kids older or if it was an adults-only trip.

Value: Art of Animation Family Suites
Moderate: Port Orleans Riverside
Deluxe: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Ayla

Ah okay that makes sense. We stayed in WDW resorts for 8 Christmases and I know it can be hectic at that time of year. We're going the last two weeks in August so hoping it'll not be so busy at Poly as most US school holidays have finished by then.
I'd say about half the US doesn't start school until after Labor Day, which is September 2nd this year.

Mark48

We have stayed there plenty, but, now it's just too crowded with people who aren't even staying at the resort.

'Ohana keeps the lobby jammed, Tambu Lounge is always packed at the times I want to visit the lounge.

I like to have a lounge at my resort that I can pop into without it being jammed.

The pool is always packed.

I just don't find it as relaxing as it used to be.
Unfortunately this is all true...Tack on the new DVC concrete tower and that will make
the Lobby-Pools-resteraunt's and transportation overwhelmed. All this with one 50 year old elevator in the Lobby.
It has already been announced the new tower will have NO transportation. None...Zip. Brilliant !!!

nickys

Premium Member
Unfortunately this is all true...Tack on the new DVC concrete tower and that will make
the Lobby-Pools-resteraunt's and transportation overwhelmed. All this with one 50 year old elevator in the Lobby.
It has already been announced the new tower will have NO transportation. None...Zip. Brilliant !!!
It will have restaurants and pools though.

And since it is part of the same resort it’s not surprising it won’t have its own buses. Just like BLT and GFV don’t.

Ghostdog

Value resort: POP, it’s a great resort and the Skyliner is a bonus.

Moderate: Caribbean Beach, it’s a great resort with a Skyliner hub that has a nice little coffee booth at the base with great pastries and drinks.

Deluxe: Beach Club resort, Fantastic pool or Animal Kingdom with a Savanna view.

mattpeto

Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best resort if you're planning to spend a good chunk of your time at a resort. You share amenities at Kidani and Jambo to start.

Dining options are excellent. Sanaa is my favorite restaurant on property (and it's quite reasonable). Boma has an amazing breakfast spread and the dinner is a bit hit and miss, but still expansive. Jiko is heavily regarded (haven't dine there yet). The pools are great at Jambo and Kidani.

And you have a savanna. I also think it's pretty close the action even though people act like it's in Miami. 10 minute bus to DHS, 12 minutes to Epcot, etc. The buses are pretty timely and there aren't multiple stops.

All that said, my favorite resort is Boardwalk. It's just so close to the action at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. The pool is definitely inferior to Beach Club, but I just prefer BW for aesthetics and the food options, but you can take advantage of Crescent Lake dining anyway.

NelleBelle

Our favorite, go to, resort has become Saratoga Springs. The location to Disney Springs, Epcot, and even Magic Kingdom cannot be beat. We love the new rooms and amenities.
We love SSR when we’re traveling and need more space. I thinks it’s a very peaceful resort. However, would only stay here when we’ve rented a car!

Thanks everyone! I think I am leaning towards yacht club or beach club! They pool is amazing and I like the proximity to Epcot!
Beach Club is a great resort!! The convivence to Epcot is amazing, we were there in December and loved how close it was. We have rented points on one of our trips there is good and bad. Yes, you can save money but there is not daily housekeeping and with a child you may want that. If you go around the holidays you will also see the gingerbread carousel as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom