Now On to the Best Attraction @ Disney World

Crockett

Banned
For me, it's a three-way tie between:
Pirates
Soarin'
The American Adventure

Pirates is by far the best-themed attraction on property. I notice something new every time I ride this. It truely creates atmosphere and ambience better than (imo) other WDW attractions. Goes to show that elaborate attention to detail and story telling can outweigh a white-knuckle coaster any day.

Soarin' is just awesome.

The American Adventure is timeless, thought provoking, emotional, and uplifting all at the same time. We can never go to Epcot without hitting this show.

Thrill

The Haunted Mansion, without a doubt. It's near perfect in almost every way (pre-NextGen... The new queue brings up some questions such as, "How does Master Gracey fit in this plot?" and "Why is this guy drowning?"). Then again, the Hatbox Ghost would be a nice addition.

Pirates is second, just barely ahead of Tower of Terror. It would be way ahead of ToT, but turning to ride into "WHERE IS JACK SPARROW?" kind of ruined it for me. I'm fine with him being there, and I don't mind Barbossa, it's just that the constant talking about him is annoying. Davey Jones is alright, but I would like the Jolly Roger back. "Ah, but they do tell tales." What are you talking about? No one has said that they don't tell tales in a few years. :p

And that's where I cut my ranting short. After Tower of Terror, things get a bit unclear. Spaceship Earth, Expedition Everest, the MK Mountains, Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress, The Great Movie Ride, and Dinosaur are other favorites, in no particular order.

skimbob

My most favorite ride at WDW would be HM followed by Everest. The queues for both rides are well thought out and the rides are fun. The area for both rides is themed well.

I would have to say my most moving experience at WDW is Illuminations. I can't watch this enough.

PineapplePrincess

Such a difficult question to answer, so I'll give a favorite (or 2 or 3) from each park.
MK: HM & PoTC....just wouldn't be a trip without those. I love Splash, but now that I'm older, I hate getting wet!
Epcot: Soarin'
DHS: ToT
AK: Dinosaur....it scares me everytime!

WorldKey

tumblr_kw3d7k2e6a1qaz8d4o1_500.jpg

I thought I would be the only one - yes, the American Adventure! Of course HM and POC will always round out the top of the list.

WorldKey

It's much much more than just a movie. Has some video clips, but first and foremost it's an elaborate history presentation on the founding of America. It is chock full of amazing audio animatronic figures and detailed sets that cycle through different scenes in history. They move and talk, very realistically at that. Has a few very catchy tunes as well, especially Golden Dream at the end (one of the most epic pieces of music i've ever heard). You don't have to be American to enjoy it either, it's just an amazingly put together show that cannot be missed. At least sit through it once, you owe that to yourself if you can appreciate an awesome piece of Disney's best attractions. It's truly inspiring and fantastic, nothing else comes close IMO!:)

Can't agree more - my favorite show at WDW!

WDWLocal

Spaceship Earth. its just so wonderful I can sit through it and its like im watching an excellent educational film, which somehow thats a compliment.

ChristianG

I don't look for the thrill in Disney rides. To me, it just depends on how enjoyable the attraction is. This includes theming, comfort, detail, and I guess it slightly depends on thrill... but that's not all that I look for in a Disney attraction.

I'd say that my favorite attraction at WDW is Splash Mountain.
Let's run down the list.

Theming: AMAZING theming. Inside and out. I love the exterior of it. It's nice seeing the big drop and the turn that curves around it and goes up the lift. There's also a great viewing bridge for the drop that you may even get a little wet on :)
The inside is also fantastic. I especially love the black light effect during the laughing place scene. The entire ride was put together very nicely.

Comfort: I LOVE the air conditioner and the coolness of the water on Splash Mountain. It may seem freezing cold to others, but the air conditioning to me is VERY refreshing. The logs may be wet, but they sure are roomy (except for the fact that they added the stupid lap bars). I must admit that the tunnel area in the queue line is sort of tight, but the ride itself makes up for it. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON RIDING IT AT NIGHT. Splash Mountain + Nighttime + Amazing view of the castle on the big drop = Heaven. It's so refreshing after a long day of Disney walking :)

Detail: They've added so much detail to the exterior of the ride that I literally think that I'm in the swampy Louisiana areas. But that may have to do with Florida's climate and the fact that The Magic Kingdom was built over a huge swamp. Oh well. The more realism, the better!

Thrill: Even the small hills in the beginning of the ride are exciting. They may not be steep, but they're fast! The big drop itself is fun, and the good part about it is that it's not a huge splash like Tidal Wave at Hershey Park. It's a nice medium sized splash that doesn't even soak you too much.

So my point being, almost every WDW attraction is amazing. But to me, it depends on how enjoyable the ride is, and Splash Mountain is the most enjoyable for me!

bluewings

One of those questions that if you asked me on 3 different days you could get 3 different answers. Today my answer is Splash Mountain but Rock n Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest are always prepared to take over the top spot

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
I love splash mountain! I went on it with my sister at the time 2008 she was 26 and I was 19 and We thought it was wham bam u go on you come down we had NO idea it was those cute figures and every thing my mom was like .. The line was short where the heck were you for 15 min? We said on the ride she didnt believe us so she had to see for her self!

disney magic 06

What a truly difficult question! Where to start..........

MK- Big Thunder Mountain, with Splash a close second

Epcot - Test Track, no contest for me

DS - Tower of Terror, I love the way it makes (almost) everyone laugh so much, but also Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is brilliant

AK - Everest I think, but I do love Kilimanjaro Safari, and Kali River Rapids on a hot Florida afternoon is pretty special

The winner for me (today) is, I think, Everest. This is the first time it hasn't been ToT for me! Oh it really is so close. 6 weeks on Monday, I just can't wait!

David S.

For me, it's practically a tie between:

It's A Small World and
Splash Mountain

Both score an 11 out of 10 on both the happiness and cuteness scales. Both have cute AA's and catchy and addictive songs. Both bring out my Inner Child and give me a warrm, happy feeling. In short, both sum up everything I love best about Disney park attractions.

Honorable Mention goes to: (based on aesthetics/non-thrills)

MK - Many Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh, Country Bear Jamboree, Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan's Flight, Snow White's Adventures, Enchanted Tiki Room (esp the original), Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, Mad Tea Party, Main Street Electrical Parade, Carousel of Progress, and the sadly defunct Mickey's Toontown Fair

Epcot - Journey Into Imagination With Figment, The Seas With Nemo and Friends, Grand Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom, Universe Of Energy, Living With the Land, Captain EO, Soarin'

Studios - Fantasmic!, Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, Beauty and the Beast Live, Voyage Of the Little Mermaid, Magic Of Disney Animation, Great Movie Ride, Playhouse Disney Live, Star Tours

Animal Kingdom - Killamanjaro Safaris, Affection Section, ALL of the animal walking trails, It's Tough To Be a Bug, Flights Of Wonder, Finding Nemo: The Musical, Festival Of the Lion King, Dinosaur

Thrills (All Parks) - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Expedition Everest, Rock and Roller Coaster, Barnstormer, Test Track, Tower of Terror

worldfanatic

It's so hard to pick one.

But like many others, Spaceship Earth is my very favorite.

It's not just that it's a great attraction................................but that sucker's INSIDE OF THE EPCOT BALL!!!!!

I still remember the moment on my first visit to Disney World (20 years ago), when I saw a line heading into it and realized that the giant golfball I'd been dreaming about standing in front of for years....................was actually A RIDE! :eek::sohappy:
Pure Bliss!!

Disneydreamer23

Original Poster
It's so hard to pick one.

But like many others, Spaceship Earth is my very favorite.

It's not just that it's a great attraction................................but that sucker's INSIDE OF THE EPCOT BALL!!!!!

I still remember the moment on my first visit to Disney World (20 years ago), when I saw a line heading into it and realized that the giant golfball I'd been dreaming about standing in front of for years....................was actually A RIDE! :eek::sohappy:
Pure Bliss!!

I love the smell of Rome falling lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom