Now I remember why I made our last trip a surprise haha

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Last year's Fall Break trip to WDW was a surprise for our youngest two children. Then teen girls knew but Audrey and Garrett were in the dark. The surprise was awesome when we arrived.

This year I went a different approach. They started asking about another trip as soon as we got back last year so I told them we would be returning again in October 16-25 2015. So about once a month they would ask how long it was. I'd show them the calendar and they would be satisfied.

This past week has pushed them over the edge. They can't take it any longer. They are so excited. Not only do they talk about it incessantly, I caught them on Youtube watching parade videos. hahaha. She's 7 and he's 5 and they were watching every WDW parade that's ever been put on Youtube LOL.

I say this in jest. I'm really happy they are excited but their excitement is sorta making me that way too. :D

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
They are 5 and 7 and they have scoped out Disney videos on YouTube? You have trained them well!!! Have a great trip soon!
Yeah I wasn't exactly sure how it happened at first. I know I showed them bits of Hallowishes one day. I have Youtube set up as a shortcut on my desktop so I assume they clicked the youtube button on my computer and the "recommended" videos on the side were Disney themed. Next thing you know, they had fallen down the rabbit hole for an hour. hahaha They even found Spectromagic. I was sorta sad on that one!

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
Good luck on your trip, we once did a quick surprise trip for our kids but they guessed it about a week out.
Thanks. We surprised my now 13 yr old daughter when she was 4 and the youngest two last year. It's all about containing excitement and lost of distractions in the car. lol. We're 6 hours away thankfully.

Upvote 0

4disneylovers

Let them make a paper chain that they can rip off each day and they will be able to see how long until the trip.

Themouseforless.com has one.

I did the suprise thing in 2014 for my then 12 and 15 year olds. Kept the secret 8 months. Told them at 4:00am when We woke them for the plane. It was awesome! My son always said he wanted to be suprised and I pulled it off once ;).

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It is more fun when everyone in the house is excited for the Disney trip. When planning the trip itinerary involves everyone you can make sure everyone gets a say into what will make them happiest. Now that they all are in on the trip, plan some Disney nights with Disney themed meals, movies, desserts. Infectious excitement that cant be contained keeps the countdown fun. And those older vacation DVD's are put together so much better.

Upvote 0

Cetta

this makes me want to surprise my son when he is older. We just booked our first trip as parents for next September but my son will only be 2 so I don't think he would understand it if it's a surprise or not.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

The past several years we have surprised my daughter. I am wishing we had this year too since I get asked almost every day how many days and I still have 50 days to go so I will get asked at least 45 more times.

Upvote 0

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Original Poster
The past several years we have surprised my daughter. I am wishing we had this year too since I get asked almost every day how many days and I still have 50 days to go so I will get asked at least 45 more times.
My kids woke up this early jumping up and down that it was October 1st. I said yes it is. They reply and said "That means we're going to Walt Disney World!" I said.. "Um No.. we're going October 16th." The disappointment was strong hahaha. I told them it was Walt Disney World's birthday and they both sadly said something like "Man...and we're missing it." LOL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom