November or December

todpatcam

We are planning our third annual trip to Walt Disney World (we’ve fallen in love with WDW) for either Nov or Dec this year. We have to start our trip on a Wednesday and the trip is planned for 6-7 days. The dates are either; Nov 17-22 or Dec 1-6, 2010.

We are concerned with the Nov dates being so close to Thanksgiving and are concerned with the Dec dates being during Pop Warner. We are looking for the lowest crowds possible and we know we can’t avoid all special events but would anyone have any experience with either of these timeframes as to which would be better for the lowest crowds at the parks? Our plan is to stay at either CBR or POFQ.

Also, can anyone tell us when most folks start showing up for the Thanksgiving holiday? Thanks.

todpatcam

Original Poster
Pin

We received a PIN for 30% off for a moderate so we jumped on it. We figured it came out to be about the same as free dining.

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Original Poster
We did not sign up for the dining plan yet - we're still hoping for a free meal plan to possible pop up but it may not be any better than the 30% off we have now.

Thanks for posting an answer to my other post; reagrding our dates and the ABC taping of the MK parade, I wasn't sure if that would bring bigger croads to the parks.

We went in Nov in 2008 for just 4 days and we basically walked right on to any ride we wanted but we went in Sept in 09 and it was packed. We're hoping for lower crowds for our trip in 2010 - fingers crossed.

Thaks again for the help and I hope you have a GREAT WDW vacation!!!!

Upvote 0

Lois

I can't comment on the November dates listed, but we just went down in December during Pop Warner. I was pleasantly surprised at how well behaved the kids were (and parents too!), but I would probably avoid it next year for the following reasons:
1. We flew in on a Saturday and the airport was packed. ME took a VERY long time to load after a long flight.
2. We were originally booked at the Pop Century (my son loves that resort) but were afraid of the crowds...we moved to the Beach Club and I'm glad we did. The lineup to get on the ME to the Pop Century went on forever, which only made me cringe at what the breakfast lineups would be like.
3. We found all of the evening trips to the parkss, particularly DHS, were very crowded. The Osbourne light show, for instance, was more crowded that week than they had been the year before when we went between Christmas and New Year.

For those reasons, I'd reconsider Pop Warner week next year.
Dates that do not include the full week they're there, though, are probably fine - but do all the evening stuff you want before they arrive.

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I see at the end of this thread you have decided you dates. I want to tell you though that we went to WDW Nov. 2009 We arrived the Sat. prior to thanksgiving hoping the crowds to still be light & thinking that most would arrive Tuersday or Wed, since most childern would still be in school & colleges really do not break during that time since is test time ( have 1 in college). well that really was not the case. I think with all the offers out there Disney has just become the ultimate vacation place. The other thign that really put a damper on our trip was the fact it was cooler than normal and one day it just downpoured all day, so to go to FL during this time and days it barely make it into the 50's was just disappointing for us.

In all I think your date selection is a good choice since really u are between holiday.

Good luck, have fun & hope to get to hear a trip report.

Yep Shelley is right! She and I were there the same week and it was definitely cooler (but I'm not complaining...not a good "heat" person lol) however, the rain on Wednesday day before Thanksgiving...well that pretty much shot our DHS day...good thing we had 2 days planned there to begin with...but it was a bummer. That being said and done, we plan on going back again this year the same week, Thanksgiving week! Have fun planning!:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We did not sign up for the dining plan yet - we're still hoping for a free meal plan to possible pop up but it may not be any better than the 30% off we have now.

Thanks for posting an answer to my other post; reagrding our dates and the ABC taping of the MK parade, I wasn't sure if that would bring bigger croads to the parks.

We went in Nov in 2008 for just 4 days and we basically walked right on to any ride we wanted but we went in Sept in 09 and it was packed. We're hoping for lower crowds for our trip in 2010 - fingers crossed.

Thaks again for the help and I hope you have a GREAT WDW vacation!!!!

No problem!!! Yeah you will be fine as long as you avoid MK the day of the taping! I think we will be heading the DHS that day:) Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom