Trip Report November 2013 WDW 10 day trip - pre-report and liveish updates.

All reservations made of course, airline tickets, park hoppers, the room at Port Orleans Riverside. The cast is 3 humans, myself and the parents who are going before dad retires at the end of the year - we are leaving on Tuesday the 12th (now 3 days to go till we leave) and have a grand total of 8 days in the parks, plus two travel days - one of the park days is set aside for going to Universal and Islands of Adventure. Here's hoping it will be a fairly relaxing time, the crowds supposed to be moderate to mild by most 'crowd calender' site standards, so hopefully that will be the case! If not, we're unfortunately used to Disneyland summer crowds and don't mind browsing areas and 'relaxing' diversions instead of trying to wait for all the 'big' rides. There's a long flight unfortunately from California to Florida, but such things just must be tolerated as part of deal.

There is a lot to see and much I wish to photograph and explore - haven't been to WDW since 2006, so a decently long time. Some of my top choices/desired things to see the most are idiosyncratic certainly (Tom Sawyer Island, the People Mover, the Animal Kingdom exploration trails, Spaceship Earth, etc) compared to what's popular mostly for guests and have a small list of stuff no interest in seeing (because of repeats from California having huge lines reportedly like Soarin' and Midway Mania), and some stuff resigned I have to see just for glimpses of what once was there that I sorely miss (any signs of XS Tech and Alien Encounter in Stitch's Great Escape, ugh).

We are eligible for the Magic Band testing and been informed will have ones available upon check in, but consensus is fully to ask for the Key to the Kingdom card instead and not bother with the new wristband deal for a variety of reasons.

Four dining reservations made (the last one just went through today!), and resigned myself to the fact we won't likely get into Sci-Fi Dine In which has my favorite ambiance and setting of any parks restaurant, if not very good food by most accounts. The four we have reservations for are Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, Le Cellier for lunch, Yak and Yeti, and Rose & Crown for dinner. Looking forward to all, and many other quick-service type snacks or items keen to try.

Will be updating here nightly likely over the trip as have energy since bringing laptop along, and trying stay current on transferring photos each day as I take them so can take endless shots and have plenty of room on the memory cards, so some choice photos be showing up as well more than likely, along with scattered impressions and random observations. Thanks for reading and shall update as warranted! Advice or recommendations quite welcome!

WithEerieEyes

Original Poster
More from Universal/Islands of Adventure.

It was a good thing J.K. Rowling turned Disney down from trying to acquire Harry Potter rights for theme park use - they wouldn't have done justice to the full tone and quirk and 'dingy' feel of the world and the more British instances of Monty Python-esque humor and rougher edges.

WithEerieEyes

Original Poster
And here comes a assortment of photos!

Islands of Adventure

Many Imagineer/classic Disney designer homages in this Big Thunder bit of detailing.

Chicken Masala at the Rose and Crown Pub. Very tasty indeed.

Tribute to Disney legend Harper Goff (designer of the first Jungle Cruise, the Golden Horseshoe Saloon, the Nautilus submarine, and renowned banjo player).

Islands of Adventure.

WithEerieEyes

Original Poster
(Originally posted November 19th)
Today was the last day for visiting Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, doing the last things desired to, etc - this trip feels like it was over in an instant, and started a ridiculously long time ago. Got into Yak and Yeti without reservation. Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Random assorted photos to come!

Hollywood Studios photos!

Discarded/no longer used animatronic face 'skins' inside the prop warehouse section before the tram portion of the backlot tour. I suspect many might be from Epcot's former World of Motion, given their proximity to two other prominent elements that came from that ride (AA horse, balloonist figure).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom