Not Wearing Magicband's on Principle...?

lazyboy97o

he means that you can keep an old card in your wallet all the time, but you have to remember to bring your band and put it on when you go to the parrk. Personally I would much rather remember something once a day and then not have to worry about pulling out my wallet when I enter a park, buy something or need to use a FP etc.
Using the MagicBand to pay is only good if you're staying on-site and using a charging account. The card can also be stashed other places, like inside a phone case, because it reads more easily.

Victor Kelly

This type of thread is a headache. But, we had no issues with the actual magic bands. After 5 minutes we didn't even notice them because we read the direction and fitted them right. In fact they were so un-noticable that I forgot mine was on when we went through TSA at the airport. There are three camps for magic bands. The first is the "I don't want to wear it, they are tracking me, and they are telling me I need it" camp. The second is the camp that may actually have real issues with them. The third, could not care less.

We fall in the third. No carry a card or key, to the pool or anywhere else. They were always on our wrists except for bathing and sleeping. They are pretty darn light weight, soft and after a few minutes you forget about it. Can be used to pay for stuff with a tap while staying on property. They are not easily lost, although I have heard of people losing them now and then. The only complaint m wife had, was that she could not get purple.

SW_matt

This type of thread is a headache. But, we had no issues with the actual magic bands. After 5 minutes we didn't even notice them because we read the direction and fitted them right. In fact they were so un-noticable that I forgot mine was on when we went through TSA at the airport. There are three camps for magic bands. The first is the "I don't want to wear it, they are tracking me, and they are telling me I need it" camp. The second is the camp that may actually have real issues with them. The third, could not care less.

We fall in the third. No carry a card or key, to the pool or anywhere else. They were always on our wrists except for bathing and sleeping. They are pretty darn light weight, soft and after a few minutes you forget about it. Can be used to pay for stuff with a tap while staying on property. They are not easily lost, although I have heard of people losing them now and then. The only complaint m wife had, was that she could not get purple.
out of curiosity do you know what happens were a guest to lose one? I imagine there would just be a small fee to reissue another?

Otterhead

out of curiosity do you know what happens were a guest to lose one? I imagine there would just be a small fee to reissue another?
One of the people I traveled with lost their MagicBand. They had another one issued to them on the spot at the hotel lobby, no charge.

Victor Kelly

I believe you have to pay for another one. Your original is free when you stay on property. Just like you can buy a Magic Band that is a special edition then link it to the account.

As a poster above stated one was reissued for free. This may be a case by case kind of thing. Maybe having to do with the type of hotel like Deluxe vs Value. Would be nice to know which hotel the band was replaced at for free.

TheMouseFan

I believe the first time you have one replaced, it is free of charge (regardless of what resort you are at). After that, you have to pay for a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom